1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Parking Procedures at Mandalay Bay?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by darkstar1863, Mar 5, 2024.

1. darkstar1863

darkstar1863 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello, it's going to be the first time for me to use paid self-parking in Vegas (Mandalay Bay), and I want to find out the procedure in advance so I don't spend time for it there.
    I did add self-parking fee to the room at booking, but how does it work?
    - Do I need to swipe room key on exiting?
    - Am I given a ticket on entering that I need to validate somewhere (reception, pay station)?

Thank you

2. PLOfan

PLOfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll get a ticket upon entering, check in, and use your room key afterwards.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. darkstar1863

darkstar1863 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will leave garage after check out on the last day of stay. So I guess the key would work for a short period after check out …

4. Christina6001

Christina6001 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It should and you can confirm with front desk when checking out. If any issues, there is a call attendant button to push and you can explain you checked out and paid for parking and they should let you out.

5. PLOfan

PLOfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I forgot to say you should check in at the desk because it might not work if you check in online and print your own keys.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  6. darkstar1863

darkstar1863 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is not convenient… I do like checking in (and checking out) online to avoid lines…

7. Fipe

Fipe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you use the MGM app, after checkout it will also generate a QR code that you can scan at the gate to get out of the parking lot. The room key should work for a few hours after checkout too though.

Starting the summer at Paris and Aria
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. PLOfan

PLOfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would check in online, then go to the desk in the middle of the night to get my room keys adjusted for parking. (Then I got platinum and don't worry anymore.). That advice is not as useful if you want to go somewhere on your first day.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    An aside, you get Pearl status for getting the MGM Credit Card, this allows you free parking as on of the perks

10. darkstar1863

darkstar1863 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you everyone. Here is my report:
    - I checked in online with the app.
    - on arrival, we didn’t figured out the machine at the garage gate so we pushed the button to get a ticket and get in.
    - check in line was long so I printed my keys at the kiosk.
    - on departure, the line was short so I checked out with an agent. He advised keeping the keys to leave the garage.
    - a machine at a gate, did not accept any keys (maybe because I printed them at the kiosk), but the app still has a Parking barcode for 3 hours after checkout. So we managed to scan it and get out.