1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM $$$$ tasting / pre-fixe menu restaurants (a poll)

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by JulianC, May 7, 2023.

?

Which MGM $$$$ restaurant that only features a tasting or pre-fixe menu is your top choice?

1. L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon

11 vote(s)
    39.3%
  2. Le Cirque

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Picasso

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JulianC

JulianC Amateur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To be fair, I did not put the full Joël Robuchon restaurant on the poll because it is on a whole different scale. Though é by José Andrés would technically now count because Cosmo is owned by MGM, it is not on the poll because of how difficult it is to even secure a reservation (but it is so worth it at least once if you can get in).

There was a similar thread about this in August 2022. However, that thread did not have a poll and it was not specific to restaurants that do not offer an à la carte menu.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JulianC

JulianC Amateur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My inspiration for this thread is an upcoming trip that includes a stay with MGM. I want the feature meal to be a $$$$ place within the MGM universe where I have not dined before that is also not a steakhouse. It's going to be a solo dining experience. These three places are the ones in the running for me.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. mickyblueeyes

mickyblueeyes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just did a poll with L'atellier, Picasso and Michael Mina a couple weeks ago and Michael Mina won. I didn't put Le Cirque because it is in the league of Joel Robuchon, Guy Savoy and E in my opinion. also wanted ot add L'atellier has a'la carte menu as well as tasting.

4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll be shocked to hear that I'm picking Picasso, but I'm also just legitimately not a huge fan of "classic" French cuisine. Le Cirque was good, of course, but not somewhere I feel the need to rush back to, and L'Atelier didn't do it for me overall.

5. Sterlinghusky

Sterlinghusky Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went L’atelier. Having eaten at all of the options listed this was my favorite. I at there in April so I might have some recency bias but it was fantastic.

6. rscpa

rscpa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did Michael Mina this past week and utterly fantastic. Was way too much food...

7. Blacklegs22

Blacklegs22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Voted Picasso because I'm a huge Julian Serrano fan. L'atelier is uber creative and, my wife would pick Le Cirque, so all three are worthy competitors...

8. hornbri

hornbri Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is a tough choice, I am going to vote Picasso because of the option to sit outside when the weather is nice which to me just completes the experience.

I am a big fan of L’Atelier so think between those either is a huge hit.

9. JanM

JanM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Picasso got my vote because of the great food and view option with patioseating.

I was suprised to get my reserveration there "so easy". Signed up for the newsletter, received it on the 1st of the Month (10am PT / 7pm here in Germany) and was able to book my prefered date. Only unsure about if they accept my reciept at MGM Rewards to get the TCs.

10. KEN1969

KEN1969 Oregon Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For Solo Dining - I picked Le Cirque. Have solo dined at all 3 and Le Cirque by far went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable, entertained, etc - it was really cool when they brought out the recipe book for me to peruse. Date night also goes to Le Cirque. Friends and Family goes to Picasso.

While its not quite the caliber of the restaurants in the poll - I find the Tasting menu at Scarpetta extremely enjoyable and filling; and even thought its not on the menu - the sommelier is happy to do a unique/individual pairing for you instead of the standard wine pairing.

Everyone always talks about Michael Mina - I wouldn't even rate it with these 3, I am going to give it another try one of these days. To be fair all 3 times I have eaten there was the night after Le Cirque - so maybe my expectations were to high. It just feels like instagram food to me - pretty display, meh on actual palate. I do want to do the tree house (not sure of the actual name) - just for the experience. Catch in my mind is way better than MM.

SISTERS BDAY
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Blacklegs22

Blacklegs22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally agree on service at Le Cirque. It's the little things that set them apart, service-wise. An example: Last time we went I was wearing a dark suit and my wife a dark dress...the waiter quietly and discreetly changed the white table napkin from white to black. My wife had to explain to me (since I am a dummy:rolleyes2:) that it was to make sure no light colored lint got on our clothes...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  12. mickyblueeyes

mickyblueeyes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Honestly I think Le Cirque is in a league of it's own compared to the other two listed but the price is also quite a bit more. Le Cirque is probably my top Vegas meal to date.

13. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree Le Cirque has the best service by far of the three. It’s more in the category of Guy Savoy than the others you mention here—some of the best in the country, and better than Robouchon, IMO.

Picasso is most showy for guests and first timers. l’Atelier is more modern but feels a little bit like an assembly line at times. Le Cirque makes you feel like you’re a VIP in a truly special place.

14. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd expect the "dark napkin" treatment at any of the listed restaurants (not trying to say anything against the service at Cirque, I'm sure it's excellent and certainly has that reputation, just saying that I think of the napkin thing as a feature of high end fine dining restaurants in general).

Vegas Baby!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.