1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Conflicting info on Diamond Elite airfare eligibility

Discussion in 'Comps' started by playallday, Nov 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. playallday

playallday Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

I am getting mixed information from my host and from Caesars facebook page on when I am eligible for the Diamond elite airfare.

I just made diamond elite status a few weeks ago. My host said I have to wait until February 1, 2022 to use my airfare credit. And it will be good from February 1, 2022 until January 31, 2023.

I asked this question as a message on Caesars facebook page and was told I only have until January 31, 2022 to use it.

Also, on this forum and on other facebook pages players have posted you would get your airfare right away and also get a second one in 2022 if it was the first time you made it.

This is why I am so confused. Can anyone tell me if my benefit is current now or do I have to wait until Feb 2022 to use it. Also is there somewhere on the Caesars site where I can find out if my trip is loaded?

Thank you so much!

2. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would call them directly and try to find out. Unfortunately, nobody on this or any other forum is going to be able to give you definitive information; if things don't play out the way you're expecting, "I read it on VMB.com" isn't going to get you very far. One of the few consistent themes around here over the years has been that your mileage may vary depending on the information source.

• Like Like x 1
  3. playallday

playallday Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just emailed customer service this question. I also sent them what my host said and what their Ceasers rep said. It says I should get an answer in 5 days. It is just confusing when a host tells you one thing and a rep from Caesars is telling you something different. I do not want to lost this benefit. .

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. fasbman

fasbman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I hit Diamond Elite in 2020, I got one for that year, and one for 2921.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mr Bulldops

Mr Bulldops VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your host either doesn’t know what they are talking about or is under the impression that you already used it this year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "44" gives great advice here. But....

I will add that calling in can easily get you multiple answers depending on who you talk to, or how the question is worded.

If you can get the same answer more than once, great.

If you can get mutiple people here with the same answer - with ACTUAL experience, that helps too. (dismiss what some folks THINK is the answer)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent point. This is an annoyance that's endemic to customer service. I just meant that if you can't get a clear answer from Caesars, the hive mind out here isn't going to get you anything you can rely on. But a consistent response from them is definitely a good thing.

Also, sending an email was a great idea, even if it takes some extra time, because at least then you'll have something in writing.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Tarpie

Tarpie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately sevenstarsinsider is no more (the maintainer passed away recently). This information would have been documented there.

All other Diamond/Seven Stars benefits are good immediately. So you should be able to use the Airfare credit for this year (by the end of January) and then again next year (through January 2023).

When I made Seven Stars for the first time I got to use the annual retreat trip immediately. I did not realize that until late January and had to book an "emergency" trip to take advantage of it. I was then able to use the retreat again the following year.

You can only double-dip like this the first year you make a status.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a big problem with CET. Ask three different people the same thing, you will get three different answers.

Hosts think they are experts and tend to authoritatively present their made up answers as absolute fact. While they SHOULD know the real answers, they are often remembering the way things were years ago or confusing one rule for another. It is a big problem with CET and its complex and changing system.

I believe you will have one $600 airfare credit to use before January 31, 2022 and another one to use after that date.

There is nowhere online to find out if that benefit is loaded. If you can get to a Caesars Rewards booth they can tell you--if they know what you are talking about. If you're not in Las Vegas they will probably not even understand the question, and you will get either a shrug, a brush off, or a made up answer. Sigh.

You could try to call the CR desk at Caesars Palace where they routinely process these things and WILL know what you are talking about. If you can get through and get someone to answer, you deserve an Olympic Gold medal.

If you just book your trip and march up to the desk with your airline receipt, I believe they will give you $600 in free play.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. TXactuarial

TXactuarial VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just asked customer service this

Customer By CSS Email (TXactuarial) (11/17/2021 12:05 PM)
    Is this airline credit good for this year? I just attained the diamond
    elite status recently, can I go ahead and use the benefit?

Response By Email (Erin - Total Service Central) (11/17/2021 12:11 PM)
    Hello TXactuarial,

I am showing the Diamond Elite Airfare credit offer is reflecting in your account. It must be redeemed by January 31, 2022.

• Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  11. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Confirming what others have said.

Once you make Diamond Elite, you get the $600 trip, good until end of January 2022.

Then starting February 2022, you'll get another $600 trip, good until end of January 2023.

Same thing with Seven Stars, and you would get both Diamond Elite $600 and Seven Stars $1200 to use immediately, then again next year.

One nice thing about the Diamond Elite trip is that you don't have to book it in advance or code it as such like the Seven Stars trip.

--max

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You must call and speak to someone that can bring up your specific account on their computer screen and not just tell you what 'policy' happens to be. I had the same confusion this past year and only got clear definitive answers when I asked at the Total Rewards desk where they brought up my account and told me exactly what benefits were showing on my account and what their parameters were.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. fasbman

fasbman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I spoke with my new host earlier this week, I did just that. She pulled up my account, and I went item by item on what I had left to use by the end of January 2022.

• Like Like x 1
  14. playallday

playallday Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all for your information. I was seven star for years and I remember getting my benefit the first year I made seven star and then again the following year. I wasn't sure how Diamond Elite airfare credit worked. I want my host to book my flight through passport so that is why I asked him. I also called Caesars as someone suggested and they said they saw my benefit loaded on my account. So hopefully my host will be ok when I contact him to tell him he may be mistaken about my benefit. This is such a great! Another quick note. I used to contact my friend Darryl McKewen when I had questions. He is the person who wrote the Seven Star Insider. He had a wealth of knowledge. Sadly he passed away last month. I sure miss him.

15. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BTW, the Diamond Elite Air Fare is good for Las Vegas only, as far as I know.
    The Seven Stars $1,200 is good for all properties.
    It’s a reimbursement in free play not cash.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. 3544quebec

3544quebec High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are able to use that second airfare reimbursement I don't think programs with Lifetime Elite status would like you very much.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. fasbman

fasbman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With the amount I lost this year, I feel that I deserve to have it extended through 2921

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. alexm

alexm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @playallday The only thing that I will say about your host is that he may not realize this is your first time making Diamond Elite. The only time you can double dip on any of the rewards is the first year you earn it. So earn in 2021 and get one set to use until 1/31/22 and another to use between 2/1/22 and 1/31/23. Assuming you renew in 2022 you get one set of rewards to use from 2/1/23 until 1/31/24 etc

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.