1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Traveling with your coffee maker

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by LVisBeautiful, May 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Close! I was at California.

2. AyDee

AyDee is getting too old for this

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yeah, without enough mass in those fridges, they can freeze up any liquid into a popsicle.

3. AyDee

AyDee is getting too old for this

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Couldn't find the picture, but idioted once and forgot to bring the cord to the kettle, had a backup immersion heater and used it in there, but the bottom was the metal heating element.
    I believe silicone should be rated to above boiling.. let me check,,
    Silicone rubber can be used indefinitely at 150°C with almost no change in its properties. It withstands use even at 200°C for 10,000 hours or more, and some products can withstand heat of 350°C for short periods.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I finally found the photo of my little one cupper. It came with a plastic mug, but I swapped it out for a ceramic one. Has little plastic containers to hold coffee, sugar, etc.. and all fits in a little zipped pouch. I just love this thing!
    20181028_182945.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. jeffreylee

jeffreylee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Morning coffee and one evening margarita are important in my travels. Small collapsible silicone kettle, paper filters, collapsible silicone coffee dripper, and ground coffee for the AM. Brewed in the bottom cup portion on my light weight margarita shaker. For the evening I enjoy a shaken Herradura (small airline size bottles), Cointreau (small airline size), fresh lime, with a touch of sugar using the same shaker. I don't mind going to coffee shops or buying drinks at the bar, but I will not travel anywhere without bringing my light weight essentials. Often a hassle free coffee or a good margarita (made exactly how I like it) is what I enjoy.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 2
  6. mikewolf13

mikewolf13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought this single cup machine at walmart, small and easy to transport [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Echo27

Echo27 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny, I was just researching this the other day for my upcoming trip. My plan is to buy a small travel kettle so I can have both coffee and tea. I have a pour over filter that works well for coffee.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Winner23red

Winner23red Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bought a 5 cup drip coffee maker at local Walmart about 5 years ago ($8-$9). It travels with me on my Vegas trips in my carry-on backpack and never a problem going through TSA. It supports my morning routine of making coffee which is the "second thing" I do upon getting out of bed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. LVisBeautiful

LVisBeautiful High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sorry late to get back, work requirements, but I wanted to say, your blog was awesome. Its very efficient, also, I am impressed with your packing too! Learned a lot from your blog.

10. LVisBeautiful

LVisBeautiful High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all for the suggestions, we opted for a coffee maker from Amazon, looking forward to the trip! :)

11. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. Glad it was helpful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. buster600

buster600 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas hotels really don't have coffee makers in the rooms? Wow

13. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some do.

I havent seen one since 2018. But that year, had a mini k-cup machine at both Caesars Palace and Mandalay Bay. Both charged for the coffee/K-cups.

Haven't seen one any other place I've stayed on The Strip.

14. buster600

buster600 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you use it for just hot water if I bring my own tea bags?

15. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been ages but I brought & used my own k cups at MBay without a problem.

16. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the same
    I guess so

What I remember... Caesars.. Keurig machine. Two papers cups, two k cups, sealed together. $12 if you broke the seal. I used my own k cups (given recent CZR cutbacks, the keurigs may be gone or you may need to pay for water... I hear they're putting a credit card reader next to some electrical outlets....)

MB was similar. I think it was $5 or $6 to unwrap the paper cup with a k cup.

It's been three years. Failing aged memory. I'd guess the brewers are there, but bring your own cup.

17. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was the case at Delano a few months back. However, I can't speak to the price, because I couldn't find the damn things for the life of me. The machine was there, the k-cups were hiding.

• Like Like x 1
  18. KJM

KJM Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't travel with one I just go to Walmart and buy one usually $12.99 coffee and filters total is under $20 and then just leave it or donate it to goodwill.

19. judy

judy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just returned from my trip. Opted for just going down to lobby each morning and leave my coffee making supplies at home. CONCLUSION: Waiting in line is “too much” when all i want is basic coffee :too much time (lines)and effort (conversation, getting dressed-even just putting on flip flops and a baseball cap is too much effort upon first awakening) when i am bleary eyed.. ... probably spent 20-25 bucks for 4 mornings.Everyone’s favorite coffee spot doesn’t do it for me in the morning, i just want a simple cup not a dessert. The sweet, clueless girl who made the “Americano” dumped too much water into the cup. Blech. Next time will bring my small coffee pot...these tips and pics on this thread are invaluable!

Luxor
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  20. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to mention the people who wait in line for 20 minutes and only when it's time for them to order start thinking about what they want...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.