1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria 5/10 game

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by vokalml, Apr 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vokalml

vokalml Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone know the min and Max buy in at the aria 5/10 game?

2. NittyOne

NittyOne VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Per Poker Atlas min is $400, max is $3000. Id be curious how it plays compared to $2/$5 there.

3. jacmrose

jacmrose Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria 5/10 is a 2500 cap. Its a much tougher game than the 2/5. Its a stepping stone for a lot of pros from the 1500 max 5/10 at Bellagio on their way to 10/20.

4. HeliBen

HeliBen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah the Aria 5/10 used to be right in the middle pre pandemic. Bellagio 5/10 is the smallest (1500 cap) and can even play as small as a 2/5 at Wynn for example. Wynn 5/10 is the biggest, I believe it's uncapped and not uncommon for people to play very deep, regular straddles etc.

5. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lots of Youtube videos of budding Poker Pro's who play in the Aria 5/10 game. I've watched a few, and these guys seem pretty good and rely on poker for their living. They mention in the vlogs that there will be mostly Pro's at the table, with just 2 rec players. Check out the Brad Owen vlogs on youtube to get a feel for the game there

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. vokalml

vokalml Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone. I used to play poker every day but haven’t lately and wanted to start with $600 and go for it with the 5/10 game

7. jacmrose

jacmrose Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would not recommend sitting at 5/10 without the table max. These games play huge, standard opening size is $40 and there will be a lot of 3 bets to $200+. I honestly think you would be better off at Bellagio 2/5 buying in at $500 max or even Wynn 1/3 which is $500 max but plays like a 2/5.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    eh, if you're a decent SS player, that's a reason to play short.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. NickG

NickG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He might indeed be better of at 2/5 because the quality of players will be lower.
    But there’s really no disadvantage to buying in for less than the maximum, even if other players have much larger stacks.

The only reason you’d want to buy in for the max is if you think you’re a better deep stack player than the other deep stacks at the table, which almost certainly isn’t true of an amateur.

In many cases, buying in short is an advantage. If the skill of the players is roughly equal, an amateur is almost certainly better off buying in short at a bigger game than buying in deep in a smaller one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Check-Raise

Check-Raise High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One thing about buying in short is that other players take that into account when deciding how much pressure to apply to you. If you've got a huge stack, they are risking a greater amount than if you are short stacked.

Personally, if I'm raising with a semi-bluff, I'm more comfortable applying maximum pressure against an opponent with $500 behind than one with $1500 behind. I'm more likely to bet larger against the short stack than big stack, which is great for short stack if he's got the nuts, but every other time it's going to make his decision that much harder

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. jacmrose

jacmrose Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, once I started playing deeper I started having much more success...especially when at larger stakes pros will think people buying in short aren't properly bank rolled for the stake and will attempt to bully you.

Fold equity is a huge part of poker and when you are playing short you don't have any. But to each their own, play the way you feel comfortable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Check-Raise

Check-Raise High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is absolutely the biggest truth of all about poker. Play what makes you comfortable and if you're recreational, play the way you have the most fun. I'm 100% recreational and I definitely don't play the same every time I sit at the table, because sometimes I just feel like a good old fashioned gamble :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. vokalml

vokalml Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the feedback. I used to play a ton of poker but not so much anymore. Have been watching a ton of poker vlogs. I want to say I played in the 5-10 even if it pushes to 5/10\20. I really want to sit with some good players and see what’s happens. I will try to let all of you know but don’t hold your breath.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.