1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Lunch at Milos

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by SoccerMomNC, Mar 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am in cab heading back to my apartment from the Whole Foods in Columbus Circle. I spent 30 minutes looking at all of the oils and vinegars and got some good items. I am learning how to use different oils, in moderation, vinegars and spices to kick up my meals a notch while I am taking off the pounds!

Funny thing is online it looked like Whole Foods had this one oil I was looking for. It was Calabrian (pepper) olive oil that is absolutely amazing and was great with some kale I cooked a few weeks ago. Had never heard of it before until it was one of the condiments with my amazing meal on my Jet Blue flight from Vegas back to NYC in January. Of course I brought that oil, Maldon salt and other goodies that Jet Blue had in these cute containers back home. :)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. parallax

parallax High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This will be in two weeks. However, first course will be the Octopus.

• Like Like x 2
  3. 4Eyes

4Eyes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did bartender Kat move over from Milos at Cosmo?

4. NickG

NickG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did their lunch special several times when it was at Venetian, and also their happy hour appetizer & drink specials, and was always very happy with my experience. But at $36 for lunch plus upcharges (and no happy hour from what I can tell), it just seems to pricey to me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SoccerMomNC

SoccerMomNC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love me some grilled Octopus, but it wasn't an option for the three course lunch. If / When I go back I would certainly order it a la carte to try it!

I am sorry, I do not know.

Nick - I agree It was certainly pricier than I would normally pay for a lunch, but I really wanted to try the three course menu. Certainly not an everyday thing. I did not see any information about a happy hour, but I would love to see one there!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vegas Erica

Vegas Erica VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Noooooo! that's so disappointing. It has it online.
    Did you happen to take a picture of the lunch menu?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. SoccerMomNC

SoccerMomNC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Erica - it is on the lunch menu, just not part of the fixed price muni. You can still order it if you want to order a la carte! 3DD7E33D-8E99-4F53-9D33-3E728B27FA5E.jpeg

Here’s part of the regular menu.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

According to the online menu, you can still order the grilled octopus as part of the prix fixe lunch for an additional $10. That was the same upcharge on the old menu at Cosmo.

@SoccerMomNC, did you get a different menu than what’s showing online?

9. SoccerMomNC

SoccerMomNC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is the prix fixe menu 9166C2B9-42F3-4B0F-8D2B-6F40AC1AC7B2.jpeg

Emma, you are correct. Looks like Octopus is still an option for the up charge. I was determined to have the spreads and I knew I was already paying for the lobster, guess I wasn’t paying attention! Good to know!!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
  10. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many thanks for sharing this menu. I know for sure what I am ordering now. It may seem like a missed opportunity but I really want to see how they prepare the Faroe Island salmon. I am sure it will be divine in its simplicity. I never knew that FI salmon could taste so much better than regular salmon until I ordered it from QVC! I've got a lot in my freezer now as it comes in individual flash frozen packages. Cooked some yesterday. Even with my super basic cooking skills (and I mean basic) it was some of the best salmon I have ever tasted. The key too I think was not overcooking it.

But I want to try some other dishes as well so I'm going to have to make a second reservation for my upcoming trip, or, at a minimum, a second reservation during the mother-daughter trip. My mother will love Milos.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. SoccerMomNC

SoccerMomNC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree! This place absolutely requires more than one visit! I currently have trips planned in May & July so I will be eating here at least once, probably twice more.

• Like Like x 1
  12. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From August, 2018:
    23ECBE45-7397-4271-A75A-BB133E10F412.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  13. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  14. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

Thanks for posting this. Not sure when I'll go, but I'll eventually meander my way there.

• Like Like x 1
  15. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

My go to is the Dorade (previously Lavraki). I've gotten the Lobster Pasta and the Salmon, but I keep coming back to the Dorade. Simply prepared but delicious. I always get the Greek yogurt as a dessert. It's fantastic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  16. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve always gotten the greek salad minus the onions, the best, freshest ice cold salad lightly dressed, I could eat it every day! Then the salmon, and finish with greek yogurt. $36 is much more than the $28 at Cosmo, but I’ll be heading to the Venetian nevertheless :feedme::feedme:. A real lunch treat!

Thanks @SoccerMomNC for sharing your experience :wave:

• Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking about the Dorade for my second trip and with my need to have less sugar, was thinking about the Greek yogurt as well. Thanks for the review.

• Like Like x 3
  18. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

They usually put a spoonful of some type of preserve on the yogurt that's sweet. I usually swirl it around the yogurt. If a concern, you can probably asked for it to be served on the side or just get the yogurt plain.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Vegas Erica

Vegas Erica VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @emmas I agree, I always end up ordering the octopus and Dorade!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  20. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, that should be fine. Even with that preserve, that's MUCH less sugar than if I had had cake with frosting or some more traditional dessert, which I love, but I've got to watch the blood sugar. I can enjoy bread, wine, and sweet desserts but not all three at the same meal. I LOVE sweets but in Vegas wine sometimes edges above desserts. :) I want to do the wine tasting with lunch, hence the need to chill on the sugar for dessert.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.