1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wait times for rental cars?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by MattyVegas, Feb 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattyVegas

MattyVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How’s the wait times for the shuttle to the rental car center and once you get there to when you get your car? Planning on using Enterprise.

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't say about Enterprise. I rented from Budget, using Fastbreak, and there was no one at the Fastbreak counter on Friday evening February 19.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wait for the shuttles from airport to rental car center vary widely. In January the line was so long I decided to take an Uber.

Wait for the rental car counter depends on the place. I see long ass lines sometimes, but I usually rent from Budget and my car is always waiting for me because of Fastbreak.

4. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once you're there, wait times always vary. I've come in on busy days and whipped right through. Conversely, I've come in to a dead airport and saw long lines. Always a good idea to have an express card for the company you're using.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. rhinoman7

rhinoman7 A Diamond in the Ruff

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. MattyVegas

MattyVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still can't decide whether to rent a car or take rideshare/taxis on my next trip. I only plan on staying on the Strip and maybe Downtown once or twice but I hate waiting and issues with rideshare. Maybe I'll just use taxis and deal with the cost.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bruceb

bruceb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As with most things, it all depends on the timing. Today (Sunday, Feb 28th) @ approx. 4:30 pm, there was no wait. I flew in with Frontier, so I had the option of going out T1 or T3, I chose T1. As I exited the building, two busses were in line and bus number one pulled away after about 5 seconds. Then as I am about 50 ft away, the second bus pulls away. After uttering a few choice words under my breath, I proceed to be the first person in line waiting for the next bus.. Just as I finish the walk my bus pulls up. As I brace myself for a lengthy wait for the bus to fill, and much to amazement, a second bus pulls up with in 30 seconds. My driver gets the "move out" signal and I am off to the rental center within one minute in a bus all to myself. As I exited to bus, I met the driver half way, mentioned that I could handle the bag myself, generously tipped him, and thanked him for not waiting for the bus to fill.
    bus1.JPG bus2.JPG

• Like Like x 5
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  9. Echo27

Echo27 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m a big fan of renting at my strip property. We usually Uber/taxi to hotel and then just rent for the day(s) we think we will need a car. It’s generally more affordable in my experience than renting at the rental car center anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mganut

mganut Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do the same as @Echo27 where I Uber to the hotel and rent a car there for a day.
    Hearing of all the shortages of cars at the airport I decided to book early with Hertz at Paris this upcoming trip and snared a great 24 hour rate of $50 including all fees and taxes. Typically it runs me $80 to $90 at this location. I pick up early morning and toss the keys in the lockbox when I return it that evening.

• Like Like x 1
  11. john1516inny

john1516inny High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you sure the Hertz counter is open? I was there on tuesday, it was closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.