1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Park MGM Ice Machines

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by wallycat55, Feb 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wallycat55

wallycat55 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May seem like a dumb question but... Are the ice machines at the Strip Hotels (staying at Park MGM) still operational?

2. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not a dumb question at all because lots of properties still dont have them available...couldnt tell you if park does though...last trip, while harrahs wasnt offering, Ballys was

3. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Mirage ice machines were operating when we were there in January

4. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've heard of some places having them off, but since re-open, I've stayed at Caesars Palace, Cosmo, Bellagio, Luxor, and Beau Rivage in Mississippi over about 8 trips and have had ice everywhere, every time. Machine was out of order on our floor at Caesars Palace but the floors above and below had them working.Dont know about Park MGM but all 3 MLife properties I've stayed at have had them on the whole time (stayed at MLife in June, July, September, November, December of last year and January this year)

5. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any of the Manitowoc-style machines where you put the bucket under a chute and push a button should be operational. As a kid, the designer of the original Manitowoc icemaker was a family friend, and he designed them to avoid any contamination after encountering dodgy ice on a road trip after WII. I always thought it was funny that his company made giant cranes and hotel icemakers.

6. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the car lifts at our work are Manitowocs

7. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed, any place that normally has functional ice machines should have them operational. That said, I've been at a couple places in recent months where the ice machine on the floor was inexplicably broken, but that's a maintenance issue, not a policy one.
    Ha, this describes my reaction the first time I saw Mitsubishi-branded... canned mandarin oranges.

8. wallycat55

wallycat55 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thankyou for the responses everyone! Just heard Park MGM is also going to be opening midweek starting March 3, 2021... Out trip starts March 7th, We do like Park MGM but was kind of hoping to get upgraded to Aria or Bellagio if possible. Oh well, will be nice to be staying at a smoke free place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.