1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hollywood Glamor 2/13 - 216

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by FormallyTD, Feb 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is such a fascinating and informative post and you ARE a star. :) I see an actor is going to be playing Emmett Till. That's going to be a powerful movie if his life and murder are part of the story line.

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I sit and listen to 'Key Largo' by the great Bertie Higgins...
    Bertie.jpg
    ...I'm satisfied that I roughed in thirty frames for the day in just a few hours. Not many people in this bid.ness can churn out the quality like that, but I've put maximum effort into my craft since retiring from acting.

Twenty of these frames were of the exterior of the courthouse. This was the last page I drew up, but do not judge me by the quality. It's just a rough draft, God damn you!
    10.jpg
    Upon approval, you add Uniball ink, Sharpie's and a 2B drawing pencil and the loose crap you see upstairs looks like this:
    Hyundai.jpg
    MGM.jpg
    It looks like less-looser crap.

I calculate I'll wake up 'round 6:30 and crank out another forty courtroom shots. That should quiet these chumps up until I get back to the Commonwealth.

Fired up a DELISH Stouffer's Family Size 17-Meat Lasagna in the microwave for dinn-dinn. I could eat it all, but I won't. Probably because I'm still traumatized from this microwave of mine refuses to let me enter the number nine. It specifically says on the instruction manual of the box of frozen food that you should begin by cooking it for 9:00. I press the nine and nothing happen tit'all.
    Micorwave.jpg
    I improvised, but it reminded me of Dr. Hfuhruhurr when he yelled at Kathleen Turner for putting Anne Uumellmahaye's brain the microwave. He took it out of the device and asked her to count to ten. She made it until eight...and then she went to ten.

"YOU!! You cooked her NINES!!!"
    Martin.jpeg
    Did you know that 'The Man With Two Brains' got about a 2.5 star rating on IMDB? What a crock of horseshit that is. I love that film...what the hell is wrong with people, anyhow?

Oh my Lord...Paul Davis's 'I Go Crazy' just popped on the Playlist. What a song. What a message. He goes crazy over this chick (or guy).
    PaulDavis.jpg
    It's turn down service time, which means one thing on the road: Local News. Who is this Yahoo and where is my girl??
    Guy.jpg

@Flowers

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/civil-rights-limited-series-women-of-the-movement-a-go-at-abc

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing the info TD. I look forward to watching the series. And the executive producer line up is super impressive, like your work! Very cool.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Oceans 11

Oceans 11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might be staying at the Ritz a little longer.

[​IMG]

5. Oceans 11

Oceans 11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think people should apologize when they don't post on their Trip Reports. I mean, you're not that important and neither is your trip.

Much, much like this one...and I ain't apologizin'.

I arose at 6:15 in the AM and worked straight through 7:30 this evening. I ended up drawing 113 frames and added descriptions to every God damn one of 'em. A complete nightmare...but this is one bad dream that I can't wake up from.

I shouldn't say 'straight through' because I did stretch the legs and run outside for seven minutes because (A) I wanted to flip those windshield wipers up and (B) the sun was out. I haven't seen the sun in about six days. I ran outside and soaked in the rays by the picnic area like Nubbins Sawyer did after those hippies kicked him out of their van for slashing the guy in the wheelchairs arm in 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre'.
    tumblr_1a796added79907d3c029f6c3835351d_e199246a_400.gif
    I thought of Gerry Beckley of America singing that first line in 'Daisy Jane'. Flying me back to Memphis....I'd like some pilots to fly me the fuck anywhere right now.

I had every intention of waking up at 5 AM, showering up and hitting the roads despite a new storm hitting the region in the wee hours of the morning, but 'Merican Airlines made sure to squash that dream by canceling all flights to where I need to get to. I'll try again THU, now.

I didn't want to, but I needed some paper because I'm going to do a Canadian job tomorrow and I didn't bring much with me (oh, and I was going to buy some beer). Well, my Walmart down the way was friggin closed at 8 PM when. I didn't take a picture of it, but it looked a lot like this one. It took a long time to find a Walmart on Google images that had this type of appearance.
    Walmart.jpg
    I then drove to the Shell down the street for beer. Closed.
    2-Shell.jpg
    Then to the Double Quick, hoping they were open for beer. Let's just say, like Frank Drebin said in 'Naked Gun', "Steee-rike THREEEE!"
    3-Quick.jpg
    Weeping, I returned to the Ritz and, adding insult to injury...I saw a beer can on the picnic table and the drool froze to my lower lip. The sad thing about it all is that I absolutely can't stand this swill...but I would've had a couple silos tonight.
    4-CoLigh.jpg
    Went inside and some of the production crew was hootin' and hollerin' in the lobby. I thought they had some liquor and I needed some cream for my in room wound-heal (coffee). I don't know who the hell these people are, but they said "help yourself" and I rummaged through the entire area.
    5-Party.jpg
    Aside from a bottle of Malibu...do you know what I found?
    6-Shit.jpg
    I don't even know what that is on the right! Adding insult to injury, the milk for my wound-heal:
    7-Expire.jpg
    Now I'm going to get Salmonella Typhi n'shit. I'm not happy...and I'm not afraid to show it.
    9-AngryHo.jpg
    I ate nothing today but the remainder of my eleven meat lasagna from yesterday.
    8-Dinn.jpg
    Literally :90 after finishing it, feeling horrible about my life and thinking that being here for only five days is going to make me the size of a Western Gorilla, I recieved a call from the Art Director's Guild, of all places.
    1-Log.jpg
    Some meathead was just calling to check and see how I am doing. They tend to want to check on members to see if they're working and how they've been coping the last eleven months.

Oh, I'm working, guy. I'm f-ing working.

• Funny Funny x 8
  7. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pro tip: dollar gen has beer Hampton inns do to, in the lobby. I seem to think you said there's one next door?

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I knew Saturday what I know now, I'd have named this mini TR after one of me favorite tracks.

The day started out lovely, honestly. I was browsing through the Twitter for some news updates because they're not exactly engaged with the pulse of America / the world down here in the Mississipp. What do I randomly come across? Colorado State University's second most famous grad Cleo McDowell representin' in some video somebody else posted. My man.
    1-Amos.jpg
    Not more than five minute later did I make a coffee with the milk that expired yesterday and it smelled doable...so I did. No sharp pains or aches anywhere 10+ hours later.

Things got a little dicey after that. My Canada job dumped me because they knew about as much about my travel schedule as I did. That was a little bit of a bummer because I knew/thought I pretty much had an open day today...but I don't blame them, honestly. I'm unreliable when I guess where I might be.

I received a call yesterday about a job with a Director I haven't worked with in a long time. It was a health care job shooting in Colorado and it wasn't looking too promising that I could even do it given I had the Canada gig and was traveling most of the day tomorrow. With todays Ontario cancellation, I wrote the Producer and said I would be around if they ended up needing anything. Thankfully, my boy Christian came through so I wouldn't be forced to sit around and watch Judge Mathis all day (although I do admire JM's style and flare).

Started and finished it in five hours. It was a perfect job because they're shooting everything handheld in Close Up's, for the most part. No real wide angles with hundreds of people running around. When someone pays me my day rate for that nonsense...well, it's like Diane Lane....a beautiful thing.

Centura Health and the spot is called 'We've Got A Shot'. It follows a single nurse in the ICU and it's just about getting a COVID vaccination. Here are a few of the 24 frames:
    CenturaH.JPG
    I went to fucking Walmart again because I was thinking about buying some underwear (did not...screw it) and I wanted some beer. The locals are just like everyone else in the south. The bottled water section completely desolate.
    2-WalShelf.jpg
    I got the beer, mini toothpaste and travel-size Listerine.

Leaving fucking Walmart (for the LAST time), this person was just being what most people are. Inconsiderate and...what's a nice way of putting it...a moron. I don't like people who block traffic for absolutely no apparent reason. Me want go straight, sir.
    3-ShitDriver.jpg
    Upon arriving back at the Ritz, I was saddened to see that someone had a fun experience last night while I was drinkin apple juice. This looked pretty good, so I took it back to the room, let it thaw out and slammed it home.
    4-Outside.jpg
    Entering the Ritz and pressing the 'Up' button on the elevator, one of the doors opened and Julie (Director here) walked out. She was so nice and loved the 900 frames I drew on MON. She asked me to follow her to her office.

She told me she had a bunch of actual stock photographs from the Emmit Till murder trial here in Mississippi and wanted me to draw them up / reproduce them with the actors who are portraying the given characters. Here are a couple:
    2.jpeg
    9.jpeg
    11.jpeg
    Thirty more frames, the job I worked on today, another ice storm here, and the fact I have a very large job with one of my main guys down in Australia starting on THU / tomorrow evening (when I was supposed to get home...but this Winter Storm is supposed to blanket that area with ice, too)...and, oh yeah, I pushed my return home to SAT.

There will be no debating SAT. I will walk home if I have to.

I just have to do some laundry because of the whole underwear thing. I've been wearing...nevermind.

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 2
  9. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

Enjoying the details on your project. Sounds really interesting. Hopefully the weather improves and you can get out on Sat. The underwear issue sounds dire but I’m sure you’ll handle it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Saydeesgoto

Saydeesgoto Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two words- #1 talented (you) #2 commando (underwear are overrated) Please carry on and thank you for entertaining us :)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    About half done with the new chit. The rest can wait as, based on the upcoming daily shedge I'm emailed, they aren't sitting around waiting for it.

W-1.JPG
    W-2.JPG
    W-3.JPG
    W-4.JPG
    W-5.JPG
    Went down to the car thinking something, anything might be open so I can eat something other than a Golden Crisp Apple (I bought a bag today and have had four). 1/4" of ice on the car and I could barely get the car door open despite my incredible power. I started it and set the defrost on high...then realized about :120 in....they ain't no way anything is open in this damn town.

Onto #5.
    App.jpg
    The laundry room was clear (solo washer/dryer), I went down to the front desk to get some quarters and when I return to the third floor, some punk-ass-sucka had their pink hamper on the machine and was depositin' the coin in.

I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch. I keep lookin' through the peephole.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are so talented. Love what you do. Did you sketch as a kid?

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Should I be proud or scared that I get some of your slightly obscure references? Now I have that America song in my head.

14. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Should've just bought the new underwear at Walmart.

Agree. Do you do graphic novels also?

15. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did. I want to say ever since the 3rd, maybe 4th Grade...and thank you for the compliment. It's about the only thing I do relatively well.

You should be proud, @Ezzy711. It's a beautiful song and, trust me, you could have worse things stuck in your head. I somehow seem to always get that Celine Dion - Cindi Lauper remake 'I Drove All Night' stuck in my head. "I drove all NIGH-HIGHHHHH-Y-YIGHHHHHT!" Now you're turn to sing it.

I do not. I probably would if the opportunity came up, but I pretty much strictly stick with storyboarding day in and day out. I used to do quite a bit of photo-realistic drawing with 4B-lead drawing pencils (basically a bowling pencil). People would always ask for me to draw their families for Christmas, Birthday or Anniversary gifts, but I definitely don't draw anymore outside of work.

Here's a drawing I did back in '97 that still hangs in my haus. It's an old Dorothea Lange picture with the background being a pic of an alleyway just off of Michigan Avenue I took mid-90's. Regular poster sized.
    Charcoal.jpg

Jules Winnfield: What is a miracle, Vincent?
    Vincent Vega: It's...an act of God.
    Jules Winnfield: And what is an 'act of God'?
    Vincent Vegas: When God makes the impossible possible.
    Wash.jpg
    I can wear clean Tommy Hilfingers underwears in about an hour.

I guess it was a good thing that my plans had to change a third time.
    AAFlight.jpg
    At 6 PM CST, it's going to be painful. I will be conducting a call with one of my main/favorite Director's who is Australian...but has been stuck on the western coast of Australia for eleven months. I enjoy our conversations to an extent....I do not enjoy going over six commercials with him because it seems to take two hours to get through one.

You ever see the movie 'The Road'? Viggo Mortensen? He Directed that one. Great fuckin' movie.

These commercials are for Silk...that soybean-dirt based milk the hippies use.
    SoyMilk.jpg
    Given my schedule with 'Women Of The Movement', this Woodstock Milk thing and (hopefully) actual travel, it's going to be sad, so sad.
    SilkSchedge.jpg
    I feel you, Chuck. I feel you, bud.
    CharlieBrown.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  16. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:

NO SIR, you do trip reports 150% well.

now get that car cleaned off and go:

To tunica.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

I agree that you are very talented. That drawing of the Lange picture is awesome.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  18. buckeyebadger

buckeyebadger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always read your Vegas reports and love them and have enjoyed this one as well. You truly are a remarkable artist!

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Y'all very kind, thank you.

As if my generally miserable demeanor didn't do it, I think this pretty much epitomizes this little adventure.
    1-Deodor.jpg
    I mean, it's not my deodorant of choice at all, but I didn't want to bring a full stick down here and this was about all they had in a travel size. I used it three times when I opened it up this morning and it looks like a deteriorating polar ice cap now. God damnit.
    2-Hotel.jpg
    They seem so happy.
    Please don't rub salt into the many wounds. I dream of such a visit morning, Noon and the night.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. parallax

parallax High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember when I was stranded in Courtland, NY. There was a horrendous snow storm and I got stuck there when trying to drive home to Chicago in the mid 1990s. I ended up stuck at a Holiday Inn for 3 days. The food was horrendous so I survived on gas station fare. The most interesting thing was that the Holiday Inn had a lounge with a house band. The "band" was a singer and a person playing a Hammond Organ. I think they were playing standards from 40s and 50s. I was hoping that Murph and Magic Tones would join them one night for a jam. Finally, I was able to jump in my Ford Tempo and drive home.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.