1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Taking a Vegas Virgin in Covid times

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by CaptCampion, Jan 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptCampion

CaptCampion VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be at SouthPoint (see countdown) soon, with my wife, daughter, and her boyfriend who is a Vegas Virgin. Normally I don't have an issue putting together everything we're going to do, but I don't have a great idea of what attractions/bars/things to do are shut down at this point.

We have one full day devoted to the strip, and probably 4-6 hours devoted to Fremont St. The rest of the time will be spent AT Southpoint. FWIW, wife has been vaccinated and daughter and boyfriend have already had Covid.

So what would you absolutely do on the strip and Fremont street, to give boyfriend the best experience possible during this time. He's over 21, he's not much of a gambler, but does like his food and drink and fun. He's a small-town North Carolina boy (we like him). :)

I realize I could look most of this up on my own but what's the fun in that? Is MSS still closed? Zip line? Eiffel Tower? Gondola rides? Bellagio Gardens?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  2. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve been going to Vegas since the Mirage volcano was the big wow and my first recommendation for any Vegas newbie is that they must see a Bellagio fountain show. I’d take a ride on the High Roller as number two. Downtown I’d see Golden Nugget shark tank, the Sigma Derby at The D, and the coin droppers at El Cortez. Also the Container Park preying mantis show at dusk with a stroll to the Atomic Lounge.

3. CaptCampion

CaptCampion VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can anyone confirm that downtown there are some vp bars that have all machines on so that we could sit next to each other?

4. CaptCampion

CaptCampion VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh good call on the container park. I meant to get there on my last trip but ran out of time. Apparently there's a place there that makes some great whiskey drinks

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Assuming they are over 21 - do some touring with them - maybe give them some ideas and let them go on their own. They can make a full day of walking one end of the strip to the other.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. CaptCampion

CaptCampion VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks I clarified that in the original post. He's 24

7. gambo82

gambo82 Low-Roller

MSS, Zip line, Gondola rides are still closed. Bellagio Gardens is open. Not sure about the Eiffel Tower but I believe its closed.

VP bars are every other machine unless they have plastic dividers. More bars are putting them in.

Good luck on your trip.

8. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Four Queens had every VP seat open with dividers in November and actually had movable dividers at Chicago Brewing so family groups could be together at the bar.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being an old man, I know this one fact. Don't forget to let them run off by themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.