1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Moved hotels due to midweek closures?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by LLK311, Jan 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LLK311

LLK311 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everyone,

Has anyone been moved to another hotel because of midweek closures? Did you receive an upgrade for the hassle?

My reservation has been "upgraded" to the same entry level room according to the email I got from Paris from PH because of the midweek closings. I had a basic PH room with a tub and was wondering if I could ask for a free upgrade to a room with a tub at Paris since that's why I chose PH to begin with.

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am being moved to Delano from Mandalay Bay because of MBs midweek closure. It's mLife so conditions may be totally different. I'll let you know once I've checked in.

3. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't know what cet level you are, but I would definately ask at checkin.

4. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can’t hurt to ask, but we stay at Paris all the time and have always had tubs in our rooms. They aren’t very big, well tall would be more precise. I thought I had read somewhere that some of the renovated rooms didn’t have tubs, but I have not experienced one that didn’t have a tub.

Happy birthday to me!
  5. ChilliPalmer

ChilliPalmer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve been moved from Encore to Wynn. My friend was moved from Mirage to Bellagio.

We have yet to check in yet so no current info to report. All things said, it’s a pretty minor inconvenience for me and an upgrade already for him. We will ask nicely especially since base room is smaller at Wynn vs Encore, but I have low expectations as the hotel las are doing everything they can.

6. LLK311

LLK311 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recently matched to Diamond but have little play history at CET. I am getting the 5 nights comped though.

Really?? Looking online only the Petite Suite and up has tubs (and it's a whirlpool), the basic Burgundy King Room does not.

7. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @LLK311 very true about the suites, I should have said the tubs in the standard red rooms and burgundy rooms are short. My sister and I were there 3 weeks ago in an Imperial Suite, the ones that are right as you step off the elevators in the round area before you go down the hallways, and we had one bathroom with a big shower and another bathroom with a jetted tub.

I’m not sure if the petite suite is what they are calling the old LeMans suite, but that would definitely have a better tub than the standard room.

Happy birthday to me!
  8. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @LLK311 Call and mention your concern, see if they can put you in an "end of hallway" room as those have tubs (note they are at the end so require a bit more of a walk)
    I'd plan ahead as they seemed to have very few available mid-week in November, supposedly they were full...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  9. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Premium end hallway still have tubs, and a precious few of the earliest renovated burgundy rooms still have them. The vast majority do not. The 'upgrade' to the end hallway P-room isnt a big step up and youd have a good chance. Upgrade to even a petite suite is an enormous cost difference because their suite inventory is relatively small there. The petite suites are, on average 3 to 4 times the cost per night of the base rooms, and very unlikely unless they are really high vacancy, which is less likely when carrying their entire load plus that of anyone with a PHo reservation. PHo and the 3 good towers at Caesars are their only strip rooms where tubs are standard so they may be hard to come by mid week on a comp. Premium end hallway at Paris is your best bet, but the tubs really suck compared to the ones at PHo. As mentioned, they look like standard ones in a starter home, but shallower.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.