1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Big Pimpin Pandemic Style September 13th to 18th Wynn & Cosmo (Semi Live)

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by skybank, Sep 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How about them bears? Did you watch the game?

• Like Like x 1
  2. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Waiting For “Very Good” Video Poker @ Rio…

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best of luck the rest of the way :thumbsup: Nice to see quarter 7/5 Bonus at Wynn... decent low-rolling action :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just caught the end of it at Nacho Daddy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I was pleasantly surprised at that as well!

• Like Like x 1
  5. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was the best part to watch, I was calling for a QB change in the first half. Luckily I was proven wrong

• Like Like x 1
  6. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So a wrap up of the evening of day one. It was pretty crowded last night but I think that's all that Californians before they go home. We'll see how Monday is and yes it is a little trashy on the weekends right now!
    Since I have a car I went to Tenaya Creek brewery, it's adjacent to downtown but not walkable from downtown. I had a beer sampler and the place is lay back and friendly I recommend it
    The picture below is of my beer flight. I was still a little hungry after the beer, so I hit del taco they built a new one right across from Gold Coast.
    My room is on the 29th floor and pretty much dead center in the middle of Wynn.
    I can look down and see the lake of dream show which is now running.
    I will post room pictures as soon as I can get into Wi-Fi sometime today.
    The president is in town and it was pretty neat last night to see that they closed the Strip down because he came with his motorcade to Trump tower. He's staying there for the evening. Also please no politics on this thread!!
    20200913_171125.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  7. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here are the room pictures from Wynn.
    20200913_152750.jpg 20200913_152809.jpg 20200913_152820.jpg 20200913_152829.jpg 20200913_152838.jpg 20200913_152857.jpg 20200913_152903.jpg 20200913_152912.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  8. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also here is the view from the room
    20200914_075325.jpg 20200914_075338.jpg 20200914_075345.jpg 20200914_075413.jpg 20200914_075424.jpg 20200914_075431.jpg

• Like Like x 11
    • Love Love x 1
  9. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Second day recap:
    Went to South Point for breakfast but on the way we got stopped on South Las Vegas boulevard just before the freeway over pass because the president was leaving. Had to wait actually about 25 minutes.
    Made it to South Point for some breakfast in their Cafe and I played some VP. I started on an active X machine and that kind of sucked up my money! So I moved over to a full pay single line BP and I only got one quad forgot to take a picture of it sorry.
    Came back to Wynn and played the same VP machine I played yesterday but it wasn't showing me any love. So I found a $2 pinball slot that actually got most of my money back.
    I met a friend and his wife for dinner at Esther's table. This restaurant is in the arts district I highly recommend it it was fantastic! Here are some pictures of the food.
    20200914_201659.jpg 20200914_201646.jpg 20200914_195740.jpg 20200914_195437.jpg 20200914_201708.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 2
  10. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My lord that food looks amazing! :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was amazing! I will eat there again in a future trip and their menu is seasonal so it will always change.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  12. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Consolation prize of the day!! Errrr
    20200915_153058.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  13. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Third Day Recap:
    Started the day with breakfast at Green Valley Ranch. Their Cafe has huge portions for breakfast so it's pretty good. Found a full pay BP machine, but it showed me no love, so I grabbed a Starbucks before we left.
    Came back to Wynn, but also no love from the VP, although it may me work it just never gave me anything other than a lone quad 9's.
    Took a drive out to Henderson for Mexican food at Lido Michoacan,
    They have great food and they have Windows in the dinning room that face the entire valley so it's really cool to see to the strip and everything from there.
    Here's my loan quad and what I had for dinner.
    20200915_150812.jpg 20200915_195004.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  14. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fourth Day Recap:
    Today was moving day, Wynn to Cosmo and cabana day.
    Checked out of Wynn, I must say their customer service extends to even when you're leaving. The room key check person wished me safe travels as I was walking out because he saw my luggage.
    I stopped by to pick up a local friend who is joining us for the Cabana day and after the pick up I tried some new coffee at Dutch Bros. I had never been there and I wanted to try the coffee it's pretty good!
    Got to the Cabana about 10 and stayed until 6
    I did pop out for a bit to check into the Cosmopolitan. Really no wait at check in on Wednesday afternoon was given a studio terrace fountain view in the Chelsea tower on the 28th floor.
    After check-in and dragging the bags from the parking garage, which hot as hell this week, went back down to the pool for the rest of the afternoon good food and drinks. once the sun got past being overhead the pool is very nice. The service is at Cabana was very good and you do get spoiled once you have a cabana at the pool! I will attach the pictures but I really didn't take good ones of the Cabana, but you'll get the idea and it was on the second level above the pool.
    After getting cleaned up took a drive to Henderson to a dispensary on the recommendation of a local friend for their low prices and good quality. For those that imbibe we got three pre-rolls total of 2 grams for $24 out the door!
    We came back to the cosmo got a whole pizza from secret pizza and spent the rest of the evening on the balcony enjoying the food and smoke.
    20200916_113556.jpg 20200916_113605.jpg 20200917_065019.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  15. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fifth Day Recap:
    Well started off today with the rental car that wouldn't start! Budget's roadside assistance is a cluster and couldn't get through to them after being on hold forever. We were going to go to Sunset Station for breakfast and gambling but since we couldn't leave we ended up going across the street to Blondie's for breakfast. Their breakfast is fine it's nothing special. After breakfast I finally got a hold of someone at the local Budget here in Las Vegas. They tried to see if they could get a service out but the guy was also possessing cars on Thursday, so it was going to be a while!! Luckily I have AAA, so I called AAA and they were there in 20 minutes. all the guy did was step on the brake couple times and the car fired up but the check engine light was still on, so I left it running and drove it right back to the rental place and I gave them a call let them know I'm coming and to have a new car ready, which they did.
    Made it back to the cosmo and I must say the VP at the cosmo is a wasteland, so I didn't even bother to play any VP, played slots instead, but that's just not entertaining to me.
    I did manage to get an espresso Martini from the CW and they are pretty good.
    Dinner we went across the street to flights at the miracle Mile shops, food there is all right that's all I can say about it!
    Came back to balcony to finish the evening on a high note.
    20200917_142058.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Saydeesgoto

Saydeesgoto Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    “High Note” :D

Tiki bars, slots, national parks, foods, cocktails, laughs, good sleep
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last/Travel Day and Recap:
    Friday was the last/travel day and started out having a later than expected breakfast at the Brass Fork inside Palace Station. It was later than expected just because we were being lazy
    and soaking in the last morning on the balcony. Their food is good and the prices are lower than on the strip of course. Did not have time to gamble at Palace Station as it was already past
    checkout time at the Cosmo.
    Checked out and put the bags in the trunk of the rental, then played for a couple of hours in Cosmo. Play a "wizard" (forgot the name) penny slot which let me play for a good while
    and gave bonuses and extra points through a radon award quite often.
    Sadly it was time to leave and we headed to In n Out on Trop and Dean Martin for our traditional last meal. In n Out is doing the Covid thing, so they pour you drinks and have tables blocked off.
    You can tell that Vegas is not busy, because there was no line, which is not the norm for this location.
    Here is a helpful tip for those of you who rent a car and are near Trop and Dean Martin, if you head South on Dean Martin past the new stadium you will drive for a little while with no stop lights
    this road parallels the freeway. The first stop light you come to is Warm Springs, just make a left and this is the street that is on the South side of the rental facility.
    After my rental car issue the previous day, I returned the car the check in guy saw the tank was full, but the computer was forcing a fuel charge. This was caused by the car exchange
    since I did not fuel it up after getting AAA got it started, as I wasn't going to risk turning the car off until I got back to the rental facility.
    He directed me to the Budget "Fastbreak" kiosk to get it corrected and actual the same lady that help me yesterday took care of the problem and did knock some money off my total for my
    troubles.
    The airport was not busy and no line at TSA and we were there around 4:30 on a Friday afternoon. The Southwest flight only had 40 people on board and the flight time was a quick 2 hours and 40 minutes
    to Midway. Also, for those who use Midway, shockingly our bags were on the carousel when we got down there! This is a rare occurrence for those who do not travel to Midway, I've waited for more than
    30 minutes just to get my bag there before in busier times.

Recap:
    Yes Vegas was slower and that is fine with me. Thursday night through Sunday night is definitely LOW RENT days!! With scooter gangs and people who do not know how to act in public.
    For example, on Thursday night a knuckle head thought that just because he had a room at the Cosmo that he could talk loud crap to a security guard about not having his mask on correctly.
    Well needless to say he was introduced to more security really quickly!
    Yes the whole mask thing is annoying and I understand they are just following the guide lines that the state gave them, so either go to Vegas now with the understanding that you have to wear it
    or don't go.
    Monday through Thursday afternoon are really quite, so you can plan accordingly if you want avoid a more crowed time.
    Drink service at both Wynn and the Cosmo is really good with Cosmo having faster service.
    The cabana pool experience will spoil you for life and you will not want to just have a regular pool chair!
    Overall it was a more laid back Vegas experience this trip for me which was fine, I just hope the whole mask/covid stuff ends soon before I return.

• Like Like x 5
  18. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo room and view
    20200917_165425.jpg 20200917_165411.jpg 20200917_160550.jpg 20200917_160547.jpg 20200917_155952.jpg 20200917_155859.jpg 20200917_155855.jpg 20200917_155830.jpg 20200917_155822.jpg 20200917_155806.jpg 20200917_155755.jpg 20200917_155737.jpg 20200917_155730.jpg 20200917_155633.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  19. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing!

• Like Like x 1
  20. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR.

Not sure who's watching Hubert Keller's Secrets of a Chef season 6. It's all Vegas. Last week here on SF Bay PBS... he highlighted Esther's Kitchen. Looks great!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.