1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best room type - Flamingo Las Vegas

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by vegas mickey, Sep 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegas mickey

vegas mickey Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello,

Fiance and I are planning to get married in Vegas, February next year. At the Flamingo Hotel, what are the differences between the Go / Flamingo / Fab rooms? Which do people prefer?

Thanks

2. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From oldest to newest, it's Fab > Go > Flamingo. I've stayed in Fab and Flamingo. I prefer the Flamingo options because of the newer decor, and they're available in various sizes. Given the special occasion (congratulations) I'd suggest going for a larger option, like one of the suites or premium rooms, but if your needs preclude that idea I think you'll still like whatever you choose just fine.

EDC
  3. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed in all 3 types, and prefer the Flamingo room.
    It's the latest to be updated. It has a pinkish art deco theme. The only drawback I have is the showers. They have that walk-in-open door thing, I just don't like.
    Get the higher floor executive rooms if you have that option. The strip views are ok, but I actually prefer the Habitat view.
    The GO rooms are starting to show their age, but are not too bad. They all(most?) have fridges and coffee makers.
    Stay away from the Fab rooms. They are the oldest and most worn out
    Last updates were just to remove worn carpets and replace with laminate.
    For a honeymoon, look at the Flamingo Premium rooms, nice and big for just a little bit more.

4. Niteshade

Niteshade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For your honeymoon - I'd swing for the Cosmopolitan Suite. I really love this suite and
    it has a closed off bedroom, living area, dining area with large table and 2 bathrooms.
    I'm sure you would enjoy it - it is in the same area as the Go rooms and very nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If those are the three choices I would suggest the Flamingo Room and let them know you are getting married there when you check in. They might upgrade you. Fab Rooms are not great and Go Rooms are starting to show their wear as previously mentioned. They aren't bad but I think Flamingo Room best option.

We were married there in September last year and it was great. Do not forget to take the bill from your wedding (if you are using any of their amenities) and you can get credit on your Total Rewards Card. I scored a lot of Reward Credits when I took the receipt to the Total Rewards Desk after the wedding.

• Love Love x 1
  6. FloridaGirl

FloridaGirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve stayed in a Go mini suite and the newly updated Flamingo room. The mini suite is nice because of the size of course but it needs remodeled so I’d say the Flamingo room is the one to book.

7. azbob

azbob MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually like the go mini suite better but don't stay there in the summer as they have tied motion detectors to the air conditioning so when you go to bed it resets. They have a fan over the bed, but in two rooms I could only run it on low or it would start to make a lot of noise and shake. It was so hot in the last room that I downgraded to a go room.

8. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whatever you do , dont touch anything in the elevators

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Adam33

Adam33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Executive suite is 1400 sq ft and all remodeled our the Premium Mini Suite.

Do anything Flamingo or Premium as they are all remodeled and nice.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So what type of room is .....Room Type: EXEC 2Q N/S

11. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The flamingo and GO rooms each have an executive versions, may be them?

12. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh. Ok. Hope it’s the big version! Thanks

13. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fab rooms were a super cheap "renovation" of the oldest rooms. They put in cheap laminate flooring and some new wallpaper, along with a throw rug.

Go rooms are OK, but they were done in the 2008 timeframe. I had one last fall, and it was fine, but you could see dings on the furniture. It was obvious they did make an effort to maintain these rooms, since the carpet was clean, and the bathroom was in good condition.

Flamingo rooms were complete tear-outs, completed in the past year or two.

14. Adam33

Adam33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Executive suites are the newly remodeled.

1400 Sq Ft. with a wet bar and 2 bathrooms. They are at the Habitat Elevators.

with Caesers they do standby upgrade as well

15. Adam33

Adam33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I included the pics of the room

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. vegas mickey

vegas mickey Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I normally don't pay too much to negative reviews, but it seems like the Flamingo gets more than its fair share; from don't touch anything in the elevators to with so many other hotel options why stay there. For some reason, however, I seem to have a soft spot for this hotel; even though I've never been to Vegas before. But with getting married, fiance REALLY wants to go to Vegas and would prefer a suite. Which do most people prefer, the Royal or Neopolitan? The Cosmo suite is out of reach for us financially so that's not an option. I don't want to screw this up, as I want a good combination of hotel and suite without breaking the budget.

Thanks

17. ColoVegPlayer

ColoVegPlayer Speed Running for Noir

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What about the Flamingo appeals to you? Maybe we can help guide you to a better option, or at least give you different ideas.

18. LAdoesVegas

LAdoesVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the Flamingo because of it's history, theme, pool, and it's right in the middle of it all! It gets a bad rep because sometimes the crowd staying there can be a bit "budget friendly". I stayed in both a Go room & a Flamingo room since June 2020. Both had a mini fridge which is a HUGE plus over other standard hotel rooms. The Go Room was clean and I was pretty impressed considering what I've heard, but the Flamingo room was even better. We were on the 3rd highest floor (27 maybe?) and had a gorgeous view of the Habitat & High Roller, plus updated furniture & artwork. Even in a smoking room things look well-kept and I didn't find any burn marks. They even had a little table that you could pull up to the bed that served as a tray table or laptop shelf while you're in bed. The only issue was the shower in the Flamingo room; it's updated like the new Harrah's rooms and has a piece of plastic as the shower door which only covers half the shower so you inevitably get water on the floor. I have no idea why they keep putting in these awful showers when they renovate rooms.

19. SpinyNorma

SpinyNorma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you! I hate, hate, hate those showers and cannot for the life of me understand why they keep putting them in the rooms. In addition to the water on the floor, you have to get in to turn it on and adjust the water temp. I see absolutely no plus to these abominations.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.