1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo Further Extends Tier and Identity Point expirations

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Chuck2009x, Apr 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Re-read the statement by Kevin and the Cosmo. Tier points will continue to expire as normal. The points you can spend for comps/free okay have been extended. Plus everyone’s current tier was extended until May 2021. Advancement to a higher tier is still based on the past 365 days.

2. texascane

texascane High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does the Cosmo give out points for table games? I only see 170 when I log in and I assume that is from the 5 minutes I played the Vegas Vacation slot.

3. david giusti

david giusti Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you use the identity points/Resort credit at Secret Pizza?

4. JulianC

JulianC Amateur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Neither points nor tier credits are earned from table game pay at Cosmo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. texascane

texascane High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How am I supposed to play more to get a tier score if I dont get a tier score. I am so confused, why wont they let me chase a status.

6. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You get something....the problem is that you don’t see what it is. Confusing ...yes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Table play is evaluated periodically and tier status can be awarded based upon your play. Ask your host for more info about that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. I don’t know of any food outlets at the Cosmo that don’t allow it.

9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a weak spot in their program. Other than the occasional drive-by single-bet plunge, I don't play tables at Cosmo because of it.

For whatever reason, they don't have table play integrated into their tier points system. If you ask, they'll review your play manually and bump you a tier level if they think it's warranted. Too opaque for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now I'm looking like possibly not getting to Vegas until 2021.

If I buy a gift card for Cosmo before Xmas, will that give me an extension until 12 months from the date I buy the card?

I might buy a 1k card in a few months, if it will mean I don't lapse. I stayed at the Cosmo for part of my trip in December, so I'm guessing my Sterling is live until May 2021?

Hadn't given it any thought, as I expected to be spending a week there on my next trip.

• Like Like x 2
  11. nonahs

nonahs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good question. Following this......

• Like Like x 2
  12. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tier benefits are extended to May 1, 2021, but they are only extending points expiration to Jan 31, 2021
    upload_2020-7-25_10-27-20.png

I'm planning on buying a gift card to extend my points expiration. I've read in another location that you can email your credit card statement or other receipt to Identity and they will credit your account with points for the purchase. Multiple people said they had done this successfully, usually they were doing it to reach a tier threshold.

My last activity was in January and I know I'm not going to get there again before the end of next January. I have about $135 in points.

My current bad-case scenario is that I don't get there until the end of next summer, say late August.

So what I plan to do is buy the lowest denom gift card ($10) sometime in September or October and submit for the 50 points. That should extend the expiration by 12 months. I don't think I'd want to tie up any more $ than necessary, you don't know what's going to happen, and the card starts getting dinged $3 a month if not used for 12 months.

I don't think Vegas will shutdown again in the next couple of months at least, but I'm keeping an eye on that situation because I want to make sure I get my request in before that happens.

Unfortunately, I just noticed this, Marky:
    upload_2020-7-25_10-19-20.png

So it looks like your only option would be to find someone who's going and have them rack up a few points on your card. Which will probably ding your rating for offers, although I don't remember what your customary play level is at Cosmo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn, that's a shame that only US cardholders can buy the cards. That's all I wanted, to extend my tier until next summer when I can get back there for sure.

I was planning HGS in November, but now only have my Xmas booking there. I'm unlikely to take that one now, but think I'll just take the hit on my Tier and hopefully the offers stay as they are, and I will buy a card when I'm there next time.

14. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May need to look into this also if they don't extend again, have almost $200 I'd hate to lose.
    Wonder if @Marky147 could use a prepaid debit type card and tie a friend's address in the US to it? Good to know they have cards as low as $10.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There was a workaround that a Canadian guy used. I'll PM you and you can decide if you want to inquire about it. It involved a manual process that they might not be doing anymore and it might not work for UK.

16. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That would be great, I'll definitely try it, as I'm not sure Xmas is happening now unless HGS is in December.

If not, I'll maybe try calling the hotel directly and seeing if there is anything I can do. I've got over 21k Identity points ($213 resort credit & $72 Identity play).

17. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah $300 is worth spending time to exhaust the possibilities.

• Like Like x 1
  18. HHFan

HHFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve got $800 tied up in Identity points and already have a gift card that has $30 left on it that’s about to start getting dinged the $3 a month. I’m always right at the cusp of hitting gold before the deadline, so I never end up using the points. The combo of spending the last 36 hours of my precovid trip in the hospital and not being to take either of my two planned trips this year is basically forcing me to tie more money up to hopefully eventually get the rest.

I can tell you I’m going to do my best not to let it ever accumulate to this point again now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you let me know too please Chuck. I’m
    in Canada. Hoping to go at Christmas but if that ends up not happening, I have $500 in credits that will expire January 21. I also have a few hundred in titos I hope they will cash for me.

20. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.