1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria Slot Host Question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by SlotLady38, Jul 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlotLady38

SlotLady38 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi guys!

I’m heading to Vegas tomorrow and staying at the Aria Sky Suites. The room was a comp’d offer through Mlife for 4 nights, $350 Fb & $900 fp.

my last trip was in December at MGM - 3/4 nights were compd at the MGM SkyLoft through my host, $400 Fb & $600 fp. My coin in was around 70k that trip.

I’ve been reading that it is a lot harder to qualify for a host at Aria and given my current offers online, I am happy with what I am being offered. For my upcoming trip, would you recommend going the route of introducing myself to the slot host on duty upon arriving or should I just wait and see if a host approaches me during my trip? I spoke with vip member services and they recommended reaching out to my host at mgm which I did but have not received a response back yet. I would love any advice you have for me! Thank you :)

2. IAmPrince

IAmPrince Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You shouldnmt have trouble having a host reaching out to you at 10k+ a day coin-in on slots at most properties from my experience. Especially on the 2nd/3rd day in a row.

3. JaDubya

JaDubya High Roller? Nah...just a Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. ChilliPalmer

ChilliPalmer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They said why they did it in their original post. MLIFE advised them to.

RE: Issue at hand -

If you aren’t approached a two days or so into your play I would DEFINITELY reach out to a host and have them review your play. Based on your coin in and corporate offers you should have no problem connecting with someone at Aria.

5. JaDubya

JaDubya High Roller? Nah...just a Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you @ChilliPalmer - but my question was actually directed to OP.

@SlotLady38 - what objective were you trying to achieve by reaching out to your MGM host? A referral? One host at MGM is a little territorial but I’m not sure if she made it back. Just saying.

There was a previous thread (below) on Aria hosts a few weeks back where people discussed different Aria hosts both good & bad. Not all hosts are created equal. Initials are used on that thread but I’m confident you can piece it together with the email list I provided above.

https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/aria-host.174763/#post-2060581

6. SlotLady38

SlotLady38 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you @IAmPrince & @ChilliPalmer! This is reassuring and helpful. That sounds like a good idea, I will reach out to a host if I’m not approached by one within 2 days.

Hi @JaDubya! When I spoke with the Aria Mlife member services and inquired on slot hosts, they recommended that I reach out to my host at MGM. They said many hosts are working multiple Mgm resorts and that my host at MGM might be able to help me with bookings through multiple resorts now and if not, she would be able to refer me to a host at Aria. But they were not able to tell me whether or now she is back.

thank you again everyone!

7. Elf70

Elf70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My understanding is that your MGM host can handle your Aria comp which may be why VIP Services suggested you reach out to him/her. MGM hosts at all properties can now cross book and comp at all properties. If no one at Aria reaches out stick with your MGM host.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Eleven99isFine

Eleven99isFine VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They'll find you at Aria if they deem you host-worthy.

9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don't anticipate needing any concierge-type services from a host, and you're happy with your offers, there's really no need to get one involved.

One exception I'd make is that a host could possibly give you additional comped nights upfront on top of your offers.

When I had a host at Mandalay Bay, he would give me 6 nights comped vs my 4 night offers.

Aria has a reputation of being a tougher nut to crack in general, so I'd avoid a host there unless you really have a reason to use one.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ripper

ripper High-Roller

I have a host at Aria and my offers are along the line of yours. Last time i asked her to book the 4 day trip and she also booked my restaurant reservations and then without me asking threw me another 200 in credit. You should qualify for a host there so if you dont hear from one and your play is normal stop by the host office.

Little mans 21st birthday!
  11. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your play is definitely host worthy, but it’s unlikely anyone at Aria will approach you. If you have something in mind that a host can help with, walk in their office next to the main cage and ask.

12. SlotLady38

SlotLady38 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Appreciate all the great advice on this thread!
    On my flight to LV now and in addition to the compd suite, I paid for a Penthouse for the BF’s Bday. Sounds like it might be worth it to talk to a host to see if I can get any of the nights compd off the 2nd room.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SlotLady38

SlotLady38 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I heard from someone covering for my host until she is back to work at MGM Grand. She has been great. Sent me a gift basket and even offered to meet me at Aria In person during my stay. She confirmed that she can help me during this trip and will be able to help book across all mgm resorts for the future.

• Love Love x 1
  14. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mlife is changing the way their hosts work. From what we heard, your host at any property can handle your stay at other properties.
    No need to have a host at each property.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.