1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fremont Hotel questions

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by BNiemo, Jun 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BNiemo

BNiemo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all! I have a room booked at the Fremont in August and have to admit I know little to nothing about it. I know its not big on frills and fancy, but is it still a decent place? We love downtown and they comped us for the week so I figured why not give it a shot. Any insights would be appreciated. Have a great day everybody!!!

2. bull1029

bull1029 Mr. Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, the wife and I have stayed two or three times and it's fine. Each time I've tipped the check in clerk $20 and asked for a suite. It's really mmore of a mini suite, but it's very comfy, with a bigger bathroom. Also ask for a room toward the back, away from FSE and it's quieter.

You just cannot beat the location. It's right smack dab in the middle of all things downtown.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't stayed in a couple years. Rooms are really tiny and the bathrooms are like cruise ship accommodations. It was clean and the people were great. When I left in the morning, the maid asked if I wanted my room cleaned right away and when I came back after lunch, it was clean. I'm not much about the rooms, but the staff have been great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is basic lodging and no more.
    You wouldn't take someone there that you are trying to impress.
    I stay there several times year on a comped room offer. it works for me as a solo traveler.
    Super convenient at the center of everything downtown.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sharon Mettler

Sharon Mettler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me and My husband stay there all the Time rooms are clean and small but we are not in there alot just to sleep. We are also going in August waiting to hear on are offers to book .our room

6. BNiemo

BNiemo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should call the hotel direct. Online they were offering 2 comp nights, so we called to book it and they comped us 5.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  7. Sharon Mettler

Sharon Mettler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for information I call Fremont and got all eight nights comp for August

• Wow! Wow! x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. news423

news423 No Respect

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep expectations realistic. Stayed there in February on comped nights. Thin and creaky bed ... which is what I expected.

Still ...

Love the location, just wish the bed wasn’t as old as ... well ... the Fremont.

9. The Fifth Doctor

The Fifth Doctor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have booked a room there a few times to get a free play offer... but have always double-booked and never actually stayed there. I remember having a room that was excruciatingly hot with the a/c on full blast... in November. I can't imagine being comfortable there in August.

10. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are in a room with the a/c blowing hot air, call the front desk. Apparently the room units cannot be set for cool or hot using the controls. Maintenance will promptly come to your room and work their magic. I checked into a room there once and the room was HOT. So I took my stuff down to the front desk and asked for a different room. That’s when I was told about maintenance needing to switch the unit to cool.

Apparently some good people from our 50th state find 70ish degree temps to be extremely cold...and want a warm room.

11. B T

B T ‍♂️

Trips to Las Vegas:
    An important tip for some is about the pool. Fremont does not have a pool on property however as a hotel guest you have access to the California Hotel rooftop pool.

The rooms are small but bed is comfy so that's all a gambler needs. If possible I would check for comps at the Cal instead of Fremont if you prefer a nicer room.

12. B T

B T ‍♂️

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How often does this work for you? I am thinking of trying it at the Cal on Wednesday. Have you tried the 20$ trick there too?

13. Mishawaka3

Mishawaka3 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed there once a couple of years ago for the C.E.S show in January. As others have said the Heat/AC controls were old and funky, but I got it to work. The thing I liked best was that it took less then a minute to walk from the room elevators to Fremont street.

14. Mishawaka3

Mishawaka3 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  15. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had that happen one time too. I am not sure why I didn't just call the front desk? All my other summer stays have been fine though.

16. bull1029

bull1029 Mr. Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never stayed at the Cal. It has worked for me many times at 4Q, two or three times at Fremont, but not at MSS. Just be very enthusiastic when you check in, about how happy you are to be there (I always am, so that's not problem). Can't hurt to try.

• Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.