1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Strip pools reservations required?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by ffejry, Jun 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw a post on Facebook. A guest at the Wynn is upset because reservations are required to enter the pool. After 11am, it is "first come, first serve."

Anybody else hear anything about this for other hotels? If so, please share so that I can make proper arrangements for all of the pools for my July trip.

No speculations, no rumors, just facts/experiences.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No speculation, rumors. Just the facts from Wynn/Encore as of now:

"Reservations for the Wynn and Encore pools are highly suggested. Please note there is a limit of two guests for each reservation."

This likely means making a call before your trip, @ffejry. Wishing you a great one.

Here's the current link:

https://www.wynnlasvegas.com/experiences/pools/pools-at-wynn-and-encore

I'm sure members here will be along to give you more info about other strip pools.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  3. UnicornTX

UnicornTX High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just checked the Cosmo website. It doesn’t say anything about reservations but it now shows the Chelsea pool is open on Friday and Saturday. Originally, only the Blvd. pool was opening. I’ll definitely keep checking to see if reservations will be needed.

Thanks for a heads up on that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JulianC

JulianC Amateur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From all of the videos and photos I have seen this week of various Vegas pools, the standard configuration of loungers by the pools seems to be two loungers directly together, and pairs of loungers having appropriate physical distance from other pairs of loungers. To respect the wishes of the OP, I shall simply present that evidence and further research the topic.

5. tearfromred

tearfromred Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How does one make a reservation at the Wynn pool? I can only find a link for cabana request.

6. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ................................................................................................

The phone directory lists pool contacts at both Wynn and Encore. Look under Entertainment and Attractions.

Here's a link:

https://www.wynnlasvegas.com/hotel-information

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  7. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not allowed to move chairs at Flamingo

8. hattrick225

hattrick225 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmmm... I assume that the majority are chairs are put in pairs. Hopefully, there are single chairs spread around. I am traveling solo this summer, and getting some pool time is important to me.

Vegas Vacation 2024
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just e-mailed/contacted my hotels via social media for the Wynn/Cosmo/Venetian regarding this. As soon as I hear back from the Cosmo or Venetian, I will report back. I think this thread could potentially be useful for everyone.

Cosmo's page says:

Boulevard Pool | 8AM - 6PM, daily
    The Chelsea Pool | 10AM - 6PM, Friday & Saturday

Nothing about reservations being required as far as I know.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Venetian got back to me. They said cabanas and daybeds require reservations. However, general pool access is first come, first serve basis. No reservations for that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Packeral

Packeral High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were looking at going in July. Just checked Cabana prices for Mandalay Bay and Mirage but it doesn’t look like their pools open til August. Does anyone have more information on this?

12. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think any announcement has made on either of those resorts opening yet. Excalibur is up next on June 11 for MGM Resorts and then Aria on or around July 1. Not sure what additional information you are looking for

Loooong layover on our way to Lake Tahoe
  13. dms1964

dms1964 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not their pools that are not open it's those hotels. Right now no one knows when they will open except that it will be after Aria which is expected to be by July 1. It could be a couple weeks or a month or months, it all depends on what the demand is in Vegas.

14. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

Reservations for Cabanas were always required. So I'm assuming they're lowering occupancy at the pool. Does anyone know the thresholds?

Separately, it is unfortunate that all this is happening. I used to meet the coolest people at the pool and now I feel like people don't want to interface with others as much anymore :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  15. dms1964

dms1964 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most places are going at 50% of their former capacity. This article in the Review Journal mentions lines to get into the Flamingo pool today as once capacity is reached no one is allowed in until someone leaves.
    https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/the-strip/las-vegas-strip-pools-are-reopening-at-least-for-hotel-guests-2047425/

16. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In
    In general, yes lower occupancy is required for pools at this time. As for reservations for non cabana and stuff like that, that has always been required. However general admission, only the Wynn is requiring reservations for the first couple hours. After that, it is first come first serve. Might want to get your alarms on your phone ready unless things change with Nevada phases

• Like Like x 1
  17. texascane

texascane High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo was open to 6 on Friday and was able to just walk in no problems around 3. We had a cabana booked but it was more of a place to be seen rather than a pool so we left after a bit.

Over at Caesar's they closed the main entrance by the buffet to the pool so everyone had to walk over by the palace entrance and queue. People didnt look happy.

18. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's why I kind of like the Wynn reservation system for the first couple hours. Among many benefits, it gives Wynncore intel at least the day before about how crowded their pools might be and helps them plan accordingly. It also also provides more information for customers. I'd rather make a reservation than have to get up at X time to be among the first to be able to enjoy the pool.

With social distancing outside at pools I am sure all places have to manage capacity. A reservation system IMO helps everyone.

And, as others have noted, reservations have always been required for cabanas, etc. as you have to pay for them. You can get a reservation at the last minute but then you run the risk of all of the cabanas being booked for the day.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
  19. Wabashabi

Wabashabi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FFC4D121-3982-48F9-904D-4ACC7013809F.jpeg First time posting a pic, hope it works. Current conditions at the cypress pool at Bellagio. Lot less chairs than normal and all sold for the day. Service is good though.

• Like Like x 4
  20. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

I took a look at the Snapchat map this afternoon and it didn't look like anyone was distancing at the Venetian pool lol. And there were tons of kids

• Wow! Wow! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.