1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anybody flown recently?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by hotreds, May 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I truly hate the hassle of flying. Has anybody flown recently with the updated "health" procedures? Specifically TSA and food and drink in the airplane? How are you supposed to put anything to your mouth with a mask on? Or do they simply not serve anything? Or, is it a matter of "sneaking a sip or bite?"

2. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As been mentioned in other posts, you are allowed to take your mask off to eat and drink. That is fine.

I flew when this stuff broke out before wearing a mask became mandatory. I feel a lot better now flying with a mask.

When I flew in April, they had limited food and beverage service depending on flight duration. The usual cookies or pretzels were served in a little bag with a napkin, water bottle, and sanitizing wipe - like a party favor bag. I thought it was cute!

Some restaurants at the airports were open and you could get food.

I'm flying out of LAX today and will report back any major things.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The "mask" thing varies by airline. Requiring, requesting and enforcing are the variations.

TSA is talking about temp checks, but I have not seen if they have started the test yet.

Without knowing your airline and city pairs, hard to add much. You can also check at flyertalk.com for your specific airline and what is happening... or should I say what happened yesterday vs today.

Southwest for example has not been doing any food or drink service at all. They are working in water and no date on drinks. They do require masks, but do not enforce it.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. VPDeuces

VPDeuces Dishwasher safe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A woman with whom I went to college has been a flight attendant for Delta for many years. On a recent Zoom meeting, she told me that the planes are now cleaner than she’s ever seen them. Not only are they cleaning the planes more thoroughly, she said after boarding the passengers start pulling out the wipes and cleaning every possible surface before they take off. So the passengers are helping!

• Like Like x 7
  5. Vegas Todd

Vegas Todd MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No Southwest magazine? That's how I found out about the El Co matchplay.

• Love Love x 1
  6. Zacharius

Zacharius Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m still flying every couple of weeks for work (I work in the aerospace industry, and planes still need to be airworthy). Huge drop from my regular which is 80% out of the country, whereas this is all domestic, but so be it...I’m not sad, not at all...no way... /s

Anywho, it’s not much different except for having fewer passengers and limited food/drink, depending on the airline. I just plop my mask on, do work or watch movies, bring my own water bottle, and before I know it the flight is over. Aircraft have definitely been cleaner than ever.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. LvBlitzforce

LvBlitzforce VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've flown 3 times in the past 2 weeks, none of them served any drinks/food/etc., the planes were pretty bare so not having to sit by anyone not a problem, and none of them required me to wear a mask and this was as recent as last Saturday. The one thing i found weird was that all 3 flights none of the attendants wore masks, not one of them which kinda surprised me.

• Wow! Wow! x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Vegas Todd

Vegas Todd MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really? Which airline(s)?

9. thebeachbum

thebeachbum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try this for the SWA magazine.

https://www.southwestmag.com

This is just a work trip but....
    • Informative Informative x 3
  10. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @VegasTodd, I'm pretty sure you don't need the coupon or flyer to redeem the offer.

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since the main reasons for masks in public is so that the wearer does not spread the disease... sort of makes sense.

12. Vegas Todd

Vegas Todd MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know. It's where I found out about it.

13. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would hope the FAs wear masks, they have exposer to more people in a day than I. They can’t avoid it. Many are young and healthy so could be carriers. I wouldn’t freak out or get off the plane, I would think they would be required.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. The CDC guidelines and the policies of the airlines have changed. I know on Jet Blue EVERYONE must wear a mask and increasingly other airlines are following the same practice. And from what I've read, a mask can protect you to some degree from droplets coming from a sick person who is NOT wearing a mask.

I bought some goggles recently given that the virus can get in through the eyes. That's how the epidemiologist Dr. Fair, who is a medical commentator on the Today Show, believes he got the virus on a flight from Newark to New Orleans about a month ago. He said he was on a packed flight and his instincts told him to get off the plane but he didn't. He said he was wearing a mask and gloves but people were sitting all around him and his eyes weren't covered, which is the third way the virus can enter the body (mouth, nose, eyes).

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  16. LvBlitzforce

LvBlitzforce VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is exactly why i was surprised that on all 3 flights none of them were wearing masks, just the amount of people they must come in contact throughout the day.

3 flights were Spirit, American, and Allegiant

17. Gmoney10

Gmoney10 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What are the experiences with TSA and the lines at airports like?

18. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spirit probably wanted to charge them to buy their spirit branded masks

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Zacharius

Zacharius Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have precheck so my lines were never too bad, but they’re super quick these days.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Elort

Elort Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I flew yesterday on American. TSA had masks on and they asked me to remove mine to check my face against my ID.

The flight from Chicago was almost completely full. All the flight attendants wore masks and they regularly reminded passengers to keep their masks in place. No beverage service of any kind.

My husband flew Allegiant on Thursday, almost no one had masks on, including flight attendants and they were serving drinks.

• Wow! Wow! x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.