1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Feline T Foetus tests/treatment in kittens

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Multifarious5, Mar 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone had experience with Feline T Foetus? PCR seems to be the only reliable test due to the delicate nature of the infection.

My darling Vladimir passed a year ago after 20 amazing years. I brought a Ragdoll into our family, Winston, who has captured our hearts, but he has some tummy issues. When I described these issues to a friend, who is an active dog rescuer and worked for a vet, she mentioned this infection lines up with a LOT of his symptoms.

If positive, Ronidazole seems the be the reccomended treatment, but there are mixed reviews on if the dangers outweigh the benefits. (Not FDA approved, and pet owners have to sign a waiver, which worries me).

I'm bringing him to a vet, but was hoping to get some neutral advice from others who might have battled this infection, and who might have some insight on how to test/treat it. (I'm hoping it's a simpler infection of course!)

FYI, I am attaching little Winston's picture below. (And for those of you who know of my beloved Vladimir, know that he will NEVER be replaced, he was one of a kind, and I will always cherish him! I actually found OUT about Ragdolls when researching Vladie's amazing personality traits! )

20200309_225154.jpg
    20200306_152847.jpg

And in honor of Vladie!

20140904_162524.jpg

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    • Love Love x 6
  2. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a fellow cat lover Multi, I can only wish you luck. I can ask some of my vet friends what they recommend or if they have any insight?

• Love Love x 1
  3. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh my gosh Luck, IF that conversation comes up naturally/not high maint on you, that would be great! But again, no pressure, only if it's not a headache for you :)

• Love Love x 1
  4. buckeyebadger

buckeyebadger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no advice to give but I’m so hoping for a positive outcome for you and Winston

• Love Love x 1
  5. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wishing you and Winston a lucky happy ending. I have a friend with a ragdoll who also does rescue, so I will ask her about this. she's really busy, so it might be a while, and she may not have any helpful info. Worth a try though.

• Love Love x 1
  6. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully Mr. Churchill is just having the typical "I ate to much, I'm gonna go puke on the carpet" instead of something more serious!

• Love Love x 1
  7. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SOOOO, FYI I DO have him scheduled to go in, but I held off on wet food for a day and his tummy is MUCH happier, both vets (called a few to pick the right one) said if he's active and eating, kittens often have tummy upset.

Thank you all SOOOO much for the warm and sweet responses! I'm not usually a "jump to conclusions" health worrier.... Thank you all!!!

• Like Like x 2
  8. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find it interesting that you've gone from behind the iron curtain to England with the names. Perhaps in another twenty years, you will have an George Washginton (or Jefferson since I have a Weezie Jefferson)

9. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vladie was a soapbox name from college. I always loved Churchill, ergo Winston.

FYI on American names.... I LOVE Alexander Hamilton, so Hamilton was a contender. But with the Hamilton play, etc, it's just too trendy of a name now.

(Trimmed response to not derail my own thread! :))

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Max is a puker, always has been. Hopefully your little guy outgrows it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.