1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Coin in at the D downtown

Discussion in 'Comps' started by StevieNight, Feb 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BJ1986

BJ1986 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It seems to be case by case, or the system that computes the comps is complex, because some people play more and receive almost nothing, others low play them and get nice offers

2. BJ1986

BJ1986 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Vegasbaby99 overall it's rather unpredictive, because you can receive a really good offer in a month without playing more in between

3. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do have some history at The D. I was staying at The D in January on a comp slot tournament offer but thought my offers would decrease because we felt we low played them. My previous offers were 3 room nights and $5 less than my new offer for free play, match play and food. My previous offers have never included a suite offer at the Golden Gate though so that is new to me. So if my 950 points played over 3 days is correct (and unless I wrote the numbers down wrong it seems to me it's correct), then The D increased my comp offers a bit after that January play.

I'm surprised to hear that others playing video poker are not receiving better offers. I really don't know what could be triggering my good offers compared to others.

I had a reservation for The D for March but switched it to the GG when we got the suite offer. I'll check my points played on my One card in a couple weeks and see if it changes anything.

4. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is very strange. If you ran 1400 points through your card, I wouldn't think your new offers would be Club Rate. We've stayed at 4Q's with a few hours daily play at The D during that time and have never had our offers dropped to Club Rate before. I doubt we would have put anywhere near 1400 points on our card either.

5. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm disappointed to hear that the D and GG are inconsistent with their offers. I was hoping to leverage my coming stay for better offers from those properties as well as a potential offer for Circa once it opens up, but maybe I'm better off limiting my play and seeing what happens. Although I agree with the above comments that you should be getting better offers. To put my experience into context:

I came DT last October for my first stay DT. I stayed at DTG but gave a few hours of play to the D and GG. Over 4 days I put in maybe 6-8 hours of craps at GG (~100ish a hand?), 5-6 hours of VP at the D, another couple hours of craps at the D and then about 3k in sportsbets at GG. My number may be a bit off - as my TR reflects I was pretty hammered the entire time (well the part of the TR I remembered to do, ha).

Anyway, I got my first offers last January, which were:

GG - 4 nights comped, $100 FP / $25 Resort Credit
    TheD - 2 nights comped or BOGO weekends, $15 FP, $25 match play, $25 Resort Credit

**I do find it interesting my match play is for the property I barely played tables and my larger free play is for the property i only played craps!

I thought they were decent offers based on rather nominal play, and thought if i focus more on them the offers might improve and possibly a decent offer once Circa opens up - but maybe not?

I booked the GG offer of 4 comped nights W - Su a couple weeks back and requested an upgrade to a suite. I am "paying" the difference with the option to comp if off on the backend. Although I also have the DTG booked for Fri/Sat night so I'm now thinking I'll cancel the last two nights at GG and do 2 nights at GG and then 2 nights at DTG and hedge my bets.

Taking the wife to a work conference
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.