1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas trip restaurant review.

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Mider999, Feb 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mider999

Mider999 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Day one: Was going to STK but opted for something fast and liter, hit shake shack at the New York New York. Overall the food was ok but it did remind me of burgers we had back in Texas that are home made, very interesting flavor.

day 2: for lunch I hit Pieology at the mgm for a small meatball pizza, was a good lite lunch but did not fill me up. After a show I went to Gordon Ramsay Burger, the burger was nice and juicy, the medium cooked meat had an intense meat flavor which was very good. The truffle Parmesan fries were tasty and plentiful but a bit overpowering.

Day 3: hit secret pizza for lunch, got two cheese slices and two meat, the pizza was very good, sauce and cheese were tasty, the meat slices were filling with chunks of sliced beef and sausage, will defiantly go back. Dinner was nothing special at the MGM food court.

day 4: hit Holsteins at the cosmo, tried their gold standard burger, this was a GREAT burger, garlic and chive aioli, goat cheese, bacon, a mid well cooked burger, the fries were regular but fantastic they had something about them that was very tasty almost a buttermilk flavor. Service was great and kept my sprite (May have been Sierra Mist) filled. Dinner again was at the MGM food court and nothing special.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What would have been interesting to add was the price that you paid, and IYO (In Your Opinion), was it worth it?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Mider999

Mider999 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was Gr Burger worth it? I’d say kinda....I’m not complaining about the price but the service and burger wasn’t as good as Holsteins. Holsteins was worth the price. Secret pizza was 23 dollars for 4 slices but the slices were huge, I was ok with the price and 8d go back.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Mider999 was shake Shack like Whataburger?

Happy birthday to me!
    Let’s check Garth off my nieces bucket list!
  5. Mider999

Mider999 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’d put what a burger a bit above shake shack.

6. johnjagg

johnjagg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shake Shack and Whataburger are nothing alike. Shake Shack patty is a little thicker and has a much better sear than Whataburger. Flavor of both patties is entirely different, probably because of the nice sear at Shake Shack. Whataburger has superior toppings, and mustard. Shake Shack has a higher quality bun (although I like the plain Whataburger bun I suspect most people would prefer the Shake Shack bun), better mayo, and access to the buttermilk mayo. Shack Shack chicken sandwich is better than the Whataburger chicken sandwich as well. Whataburger fries are better and it isn't even close (to me), plus access to Whataburger ketchup.

They're both good and different enough that you might want one over the other just depending on what you're in the mood for. Both are better than In n Out.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks @johnjagg. I think there’s a Shake Shack in the Domain, if it is, you’re right about their burger patty. We have 2
    In n Outs within 15 minute drive from our house but we haven’t been. Everyone I know that have tried it say they aren’t impressed.

Happy birthday to me!
  8. johnjagg

johnjagg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shake Shack is indeed in the Domain. I consider Shake Shake to be a notch above Whataburger in overall quality (Whata being a fast food burger), and in the same category as Mighty Fine and Five Guys.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Here2Learn

Here2Learn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    By my house is a shake shack, five guys, and Jake's wayback(if you know what that is). I'd go shake shack all day in terms of taste and quality. Also was not impressed by In and Out.

10. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Five Guys better than Mighty Fine....for French fry reasons! But, I was raised in Corpus so I was raised on Whataburger.

Happy birthday to me!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. stlguy197239

stlguy197239 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really like Holsteins. Great beer selection and the burgers are always good.

• Like Like x 1
  12. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, the OP definitely likes burgers! I was expecting full restaurant reviews but burger and fries reviews are good, too. In New Jersey we don't have any of the places mentioned except 5 Guys. They make a pretty good burger, nothing that special. In/Out was very underwhelming to me the one time I tried it in LV (not worth a repeat when there are so many other places that could be stellar). I found Burger Brasarrie in Paris to be fair; worth the 2:1 with the LVA coupon but otherwise to be skipped. Holstein's is now on my list to try.

13. Vegas Erica

Vegas Erica VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    edited to say JK! I saw you said GR wasnt worth it. I had a similar feeling going there but didnt eat a burger.
    Thank you for the reviews!

14. Mider999

Mider999 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holsteins was fantastic as was GR Burger but I liked Holsteins better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.