1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Can We Redeem a Buffet Reward on Thursday if We Have a Hotel Booked for Sunday?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by C00kieD0ugh, Jan 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C00kieD0ugh

C00kieD0ugh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've read in some discussions that they only checked to make sure that you have a reservation number before loading the reward. We can't use the buffet the same day we check in because of stupid valentine's blackouts lol...

Just wondering if we are going to be able to do this or if we should make alternative plans?

2. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Assume you mean MyVegas - Mlife. Also assume you mean you're going to redeem the reward after you've checked into an MGM property.

The MLife desk staff generally only care about confirming a qualifying stay, not coordination that the meal is consumed during the stay.

I used a free buffet last trip... loaded on card while I was staying at an MGM hotel.... but consumed buffet after checkout and moving to non-MGM property.

3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your staying until Sunday, redeem on Sunday.

If you are checking out before Sunday, then no, the reward must be used the same day or within 24 hours, depending on what the desk staff tells you.

4. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was going to say the same as Shock. When we were there in August they asked us when we planned on using our rewards because there were time limits on redemption.

• Love Love x 1
  5. NickG

NickG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought they recently changed their terms so that you had 72 hours to use these rewards after they were redeemed.

6. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perhaps... I may have been unaware. I Stayed at Aria sat-sun. Activated buffet Mon morning .. telling them I was checking out and moving to a non-MGM. They said nothing about timing.. but I dont recall my exact words... perhaps I said "I'm in town another couple o' days"? I dont think so, though.... I remember the MLife attendant saying they only care about a qualifying stay.

I used it approx 24 hours later... so I didn't really test a 72-hour rule anyway

7. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, they sent an email a bit ago that you had 72 (maybe 48?) hours to redeem. However, I have also read a report where at least one of the hotels was refusing to do more than same day redemption (NYNY I believe).

8. deka

deka Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is that 72 hours before or after, though? I could see it being 72 hours after, like "within 72 hours of check out", but OP is asking about 72 hours before they even check in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.