1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Quick Flamingo room sanity check ...

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by dmr, Jan 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm gonna be going to a conference in August (self-paid) and one of the host hotels is the Flamingo.

When I checked the event's special Flamingo web site, I was surprised to find the "Fab" and the "Go" rooms to be exactly the same rate.

The last I knew, the Fab rooms were the ROTH rooms and the Go rooms were a step up.

Has this changed? Or have the Fab rooms been recently renovated maybe?

Also, does anyone know if either Fab and/or Go now have a real refrigerator? It's nice to have my morning fizzy fix as I get ready. :)

Thanks.

2. annbrown57

annbrown57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The renovated rooms are called Flamingo rooms, Flamingo exec, Flamingo premium etc.

I’ve stayed in Flamingo exec & prem & both had empty fridges.

I don’t know about Go nor Fab

3. Sfgiants13

Sfgiants13 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go also has a refrigerator

4. csu

csu Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As said above, the Go room I stayed in last month did have an empty mini-fridge. And yes, the Go rooms are a step up from Fab.

5. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ironically, Fab rooms were done more recently, but they weren't really anything more than ripping out the carpet and replacing it with cheap flooring.

Had a Go room last year and it was fine. Little wear, cheap mini fridge, but nothing offensively bad.

6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! I think I'll book the Go room. Having my evil "Diet Soda is the new smoking" fizzy fix in the morning is more important than a semi-remodeled room.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No contest, take the GO room. I think most of them still have working TV's in the bathroom mirror as well. The reno on those Fab rooms appears top have been done at minimal expense. They aren't bad rooms, but the GO room is the right choice. Plus the showers in the GO room have little jets on the wall that will hit your lower back or shoulders, depending on how tall one is.

8. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What changed was they have a third class of room called Flamingo room above both and priced the way go rooms used to be.

Basically GO was fancy 8-10 years ago but have not been redone since so could be worn.
    FAB were redone 4-5 years ago, but on the cheap without redoing the bathrooms so most people preferred GO and it was still pricier.
    Flamingo are the most recently redone with more standard job on the bathroom reno.

So I'd still take a GO over a FAB, but you could still find signs of wear and things not working so well based on room age.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.