1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn Slots Advice on Going for VIP 3

Discussion in 'Wynn Slots' started by sageblue, Jan 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sageblue

sageblue High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Current Status:
    • 7.9 billion Coins
    • 11,032 Gems
    • 8644 Current VIP Points
    • Currently, VIP 1
    • VIP points will reset to 0 in 16 days
    I do not plan to return to Vegas until late July or early August, at which point I would like to use my gems for rooms. I would like to wait, therefore, until they (someday) release dates for August.

I assume that I will make VIP 2 in the 16 days I have remaining. The question I have is whether it is worth it to buy up to VIP 3 to make the discount in gems worth it. I would ideally be able to get 3-4 nights, but figure that, by the time I get ready to reserve, I'll have enough gems to do so; for example, I already have close to enough right now to get 2 nights at "full price" based on current gem rates (I fully understand that I will have no idea how many gems Wynn will require in the next version or when they release August dates, but I'm working with facts on hand).

I don't care about the buffets, so I don't need to hoard gems for that. Based on what I'm seeing, I don't know that the $100 to get up to VIP 3 is really worth it for my situation, but I'm happy to be persuaded otherwise!

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  2. JFO

JFO I sleep in unlocked cars

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is a thought.
    Of course make sure you get VIP2 before the end of this cycle (not earning VIP2 this cycle would be a disaster for you!)
    Then during the next cycle, you will be able to earn crowns at a more accelerated rate (as a VIP2). And if you play the next cycle like you have been playing this past cycle, you may find yourself much closer to 20K crowns at the end of the next cycle, and you can decide then if you want to purchase the difference. I will be an easier call if the 15% discount will be worth it or not.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. NickG

NickG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have 8644 points, why would your level reset to 0?

4. sageblue

sageblue High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My VIP points reset to 0 in 16 days. My VIP level will be 2 (assuming I get that, which I will) for 90 days after that. I’ve corrected my original post.

5. ONEinONEout

ONEinONEout Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey everyone,

One other question. My vip points are set to reset to 0 in 10days. I’m a long way away from achieving level two however it says I remain as level 1.
    When my VIp points reset to 0, do I lose all my gems? (Points used for actual room and buffet bookings) or do I get to keep them Forever?
    Thanks

6. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You keep your gems until you use them for buffets or rooms. I don't think there is ever any "expiration" of the gems. All that resets to 0 are your VIP points. Then you will start a new 90 day period where you need to get 2,500 to maintain Level 1 or 10,000 to move to Level 2. This is their way of keeping people playing because you have to be at least Level 1 to use your gems for anything and Level 2 to book rooms. It is also a way to generate money from the game - because it is very difficult if not impossible to move from one level to another without buying at least some chips. Well - I guess you can get from Level 0 to Level 1 without buying chips - but any change in a Level past that will almost certainly require some spending.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Zeg

Zeg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To get some idea of future room cost in gems. Simply look at the room rates in US$ on the Wynn website. Then compare with what you do know with what you don’t know. You will find there is a direct relationship. You will then be able to make a pretty good guess on room gem prices.

8. JFO

JFO I sleep in unlocked cars

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed with @HuskerBB, And to clarify, in the games current state there is no expiration for gems.

@ONEinONEout , how many VIP points do you have so far this cycle?

9. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Something to keep mind, though they have lowered the VIP points earning rate for levels 0-2, for the last 2-3 holiday events they have given extra bonus VIP points for completing events. If they are planning to keep that going, hopefully the next holiday event, which is Chinese New Year. Should help boosts VIP points a little.

10. Hundley Fan

Hundley Fan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True; however, the gem rates do fluctuate. Last summer, the three nights in December I was targeting for booking were 2K, 2K, and 3.7K; then they went up to 2.4K, 2.4K, and 3.7K; then they went back down to 2K, 2K, and 3.7K. I did not have enough gems to book all three nights, but I booked the first two nights, thinking that if I accumulated enough gems by December, I could add the third night, if still available, when the app calendar opened up on the second day of my stay. By December, the cost of the third night went down to 3.4K, and I did have enough gems to book it, but did not, as I had also booked a three-night comp at another hotel.

11. ONEinONEout

ONEinONEout Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only sitting at almost 5k with a few more days of play before decision time. Built a nice bankroll over the past few days but a little unsure on whether to buy or let my vip reset to level 1 and start up. I’m not looking to use the room bookings until September assuming the game still exists then.

12. sageblue

sageblue High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to follow up, I’m going to follow this advice now that I made it to VIP 2 exactly today—with 2 days to spare. Lost some bankroll on being a bit greedy, but I figure I can use the 6.5b I have to get as many gems as I need (currently at almost 14k) to get the rooms I want. Thanks all. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.