1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Criss Cross - Middle Bet Strategy

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by kingslender, Dec 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingslender

kingslender Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is a a demo:

http://playags.com/crisscross_demo/

Wizard of Odds has betting strategy for the Across and Down bet, but I haven't found anything definitive for the Middle bet.

If you already have at least a push in the across or down, it's obvious to 3X the middle bet, since it's a free bet with no downside. But if you don't have a paying hand, does anyone have a strategy?

I would assume that if you have nothing else going, 1 card to a straight or a flush would be a 1X bet. But if the only thing you can do is pair up is there a strategy anyone follows to bet the Middle or should you just fold?

For instance, if you had 6 cards you could pair up to push one of the across or down bets, should you bet? Bat about 5, 4, or 3 cards that could create a push/win?

2. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play 3x middle on any pair of 6s or better... the "no-brainer".
    I 1x the middle bet anytime my two cards are 6+.
    I 1x the middle bet anytime there are 3 or more cards, 6+, that could pair the middle-card.

I suppose that I might 3x on the middle if I had a 4 card flush one way and 4-card outside straight the other way, and I also I had 3 or more 6+ cards that could pair the middle card.

3. VegasDoggy

VegasDoggy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where can you play Criss Cross in Vegas. I used to play at the Linq but it was gone the last time I stopped in.

4. 1stoppop

1stoppop Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Linq had it in November. It’s also at Binion’s.

5. VegasDoggy

VegasDoggy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    great to know - thanks - I must have missed it last time there - I wonder if they moved its location on the floor as I have played it 4-5 times before at the Linq?

6. 1stoppop

1stoppop Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have moved it. It was originally towards the front, closer to the strip. It’s now moved back to the other side of the craps tables, closer to the cashier cage. There’s only one table so it’s easy to overlook.

7. kingslender

kingslender Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not saying it's wrong, but why would your 2 cards affect the middle bet? If you have 1 card over 6 and there are 2 on the board (so three total), you'd bet 1x. Why would you bet 1x if 2 of your cards were 6+ but no cards on the board were 6+?

8. topcard

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best example I could give is that I have an opportunity to win both ways (+ the middle-bet) with that middle card if it pairs up with either of my hole cards.
    With board-cards, it would only be one-way.
    So, while I need 3 cards 6+ total in my hand & on the board, I only need 2 hole-cards 6+ since I have 2 chances to win (or push) on all three bets.
    Tring can probably figure this out, but mindless math tells me:
    1/26 x 3 bets = 3/26 (my 2 hole cards are 6+)
    3/52 x 2 bets = 3/26 (3 board/hole cards 6+)

9. kingslender

kingslender Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm, I guess this is why the strategy for the middle hasn't been figured out on Wizard of Odds. Let's try and figure this out a bit.

I think the "both ways" logic is not relevant - as long as you win 1 way, you also win the middle, so it's a net win, which means it comes down to just pairing the middle card either way. I'm ignoring whether 1X or 3X makes sense, just if you should bet.

My gut tells me:

• having 3 6+ cards and already having a "push" pair would be a bet, since you could get 3 of a kind.
    • having 5 or more 6+ cards (board plus your hand) is a bet
    • having 3 6+ cards, but no pair yet is a fold
    • having 4 6+ cards is what I'm not sure about

10. topcard

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, if you pair a hole-card with the middle-card, you win (or push) on all 3 bets.
    If you pair a board card with the middle-card, you only win (or push) on 2 bets.
    That makes the hole cards "more valuable" than board cards.

11. VegasDoggy

VegasDoggy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1stoppop - thanks for the info back on 1/8 - I left on 1/8 at 6am and did not see your post - sure enough found it the very last evening of our stay - it was not kind to us

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.