1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

This Year I'm thankful for 2 nights at Cosmo and 3 at Bally's 11/24 - 11/29

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by MCann, Nov 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tpmrwb

Tpmrwb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sucks about the shirt. Short story:

I stayed at PH a couple of weeks ago and didn’t realize I had left my iwatch charger until I received an email from PH saying so. Received in the mail a week later!!!!!

• Like Like x 6
  2. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Small potatoes, but still nice.

20191126_154453.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. MCann

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yah what really sucks for me is I have dinner plans in the immediate future then a concert. Had they gone up and got my shirt I could have gone and picked it up before dinner no problem, but now it will either interfere with plans or be tomorrow or late night tonight.

4. Texaschameleon

Texaschameleon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I forgot my extra key fob at Cosmo and noticed when I got to the airport. I called and they told me that since a new guest had checked in that no one could look for it or ask the guest to check in the safe until the guest checked out. Needless to say i never got it back.

• Wow! Wow! x 4
  5. MCann

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That might make me never go there again. I think I remember hearing about that before. I will definitely never go back, even for free, without a real good reason if I dont get my shirt back.

6. MCann

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh well. Adapt and overcome. I had 4 more robert graham shirts in my suitcase. Just had to a wear different suit for now because that was the only shirt I had to go with dark charcoal. Headed out to Bachannal now then back for a quick change before scooting off to Park Theater for Aerosmith.

20191126_165001.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  7. MCann

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the shoes needed a close up. They're wild, and actually comfortable.

20191126_165612.jpg

• Love Love x 6
    • Like Like x 5
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is so refreshing to see a guy “dress” for Vegas! Love the shoes!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  9. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would think of the shirt as losing another $300. If you get it back....even better.....

I wouldn’t let it ruin your trip.....grind it out on the machines and WIN it back!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. serenasea

serenasea Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're looking very Vegas-y. Love the shoes! It's so disappointing that Cosmo wouldn't help out with the shirt left in the room -- I'd hate to think how they'd handle $$$ left in the safe! (Re your current suite, I love my baths but sure don't like the bathtub out in the middle of the room like that. Brrrr....)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Maxbet

Maxbet JACKPOT!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are not the first person to lose their shirt in Vegas. You may be the first person to get theirs back. Keep it coming and hoping big wins come your way.

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  12. MCann

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love it! That's the spirit!

I am loving the diamond treatment at Caesar's Palace. Bachannal Iis crowded as hell and I overheard the cashier tell someone behind me the wait for platinum players is 90 minutes. The regular line is all the way to Octavius elevator. We were seated in less than 5 minutes and after my celebration dinner credit, dinner for two was just under $10.80 - they didnt tax the hundred they took off. Great deal!

20191126_174042.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  13. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What? Only 8 pair of shoes for a Vegas trip?

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Texaschameleon

Texaschameleon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love the shoes....maybe someone lovely will have checked into your room and you will hear from Cosmo tomorrow so you can rock that suit but until then...go get some big wins to make up for it!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. MCann

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Double triple re-confirm they dont do the king crab for diamond any more, but we did get a comp round of champagne. They said limit one per person comped but there is another diamond couple two tables down and I just saw them bring a bottle out and refill them.

20191126_175204.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  16. MCann

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whoosh...hurried back to Bally's for a wardrobe change. Aerosmith now!

20191126_192946.jpg

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. MCann

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, and that's a leather blazer, so I guess that's my formal denim? :poke:

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That’s very interesting, about the layout of the suite you have. It makes total sense, actually… because I did know that the bedroom was basically the same layout as an executive suite… and I can see exactly why that is based on the way you described it. Getting a closer look from your photos, I can see why you’re not completely impressed. Something just feels kind of awkward about how narrow the staircase is, and how there really aren’t any “grand” elements to the room (e.g. chandelier, large-format artwork) to complement the structural features. Oddly, it makes me think of a dollhouse for some reason.

That sucks too about soaking vs jetted… for my January trip, I’m likely going to be staying in the Jubilee Executive Suite at Bally’s, and I made sure that they confirmed to me in writing which of the two similar suite categories has a jetted tub (Jubilee Executive is jetted, Resort Executive is soaking). Perhaps it’s possible that the “adjoining” bedroom suite they gave you is the resort type? Since your suite category does say it’s jetted on the website, I’d ask about switching to one of the others if it’s available, if that’s something you want.

Even though I “retired” from dressing up a few years ago, I’ll add to the pile of existing compliments to say it always stands right out when a man takes the effort to dress up beyond the “modern dressy” look of an untucked button-down with jeans and maaaaaybe an casual sports coat on top (both of which are usually sized by S/M/L, not the “tailored” equivalents). It certainly isn’t going unnoticed, and I just wanted to pass that on :)

Specifically commenting on the matter of the missing shirt, I’m in agreement that it’s ridiculous. Seriously, half an hour on hold? If I were you, I’d have gone through a host to leverage your status there. I think a host would have a lot more pull when it comes to overriding housekeeping protocol to simply send someone up there (or even go up there themselves) to collect the shirt. In any case, there are only two possible outcomes… it got turned in, or it got stolen. I think the former is most likely, personally. You’d have to be dumb to risk your job over what I’m assuming is a distinctive-looking shirt that nobody could have forgotten. Even if someone was that dumb, there is no plausible way it could be played off as an accident. If I recall correctly, WelshBlonde had an incident last summer in which her partner’s medicine got stolen from a Cosmo room… and she managed to negotiate a settlement with Cosmo’s risk management department. Really hope this works out cleanly and doesn’t screw up your trip too badly.

Hope you’ll post more photos of the food at Bacchanal… looking forward to hearing how the concert went :) I saw Aerosmith at MGM Grand back in 2014 and they put on an awesome show.

Jul 17 to ??? - Amtrak from Chicago to AZ... Laughlin, Vegas & More!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  19. MCann

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's interesting and good to know. Only the Resort Tower has the Presidential suite. I have seen a video of the exact room I am in on YouTube from before the remodel when it used to be called the Indigo Townhomes. In the video, the top bedroom did not have an external entry door to the hallway on the 25th floor, and not only are the jets in the tub clearly visible but there was also a shower with steam spouts that could be used as a steam room or shower, seperate plumbing, and two water closets: one with a toilet and one with a bidet. Where the bidet was is a THIRD vanity in the room they left open to me and honestly doesn't look large enough to hold the bathroom I saw in the video which went on way behind the wall behind the tub. We have a tiny shower behind that wall, and in the video they had a walkway behind it and a larger shower on the other side of the walkway.

All that adds up to my assumption and expectation was that one of the 2 upstairs adjoining rooms is a designated "master" for this room, and the other 3 are plain executive suites. It's a corner suite so perhaps the hallway is shorter on 25 and accounts for extra bathroom space. Otherwise, they significantly downgraded the bathrooms when they did the remodel last year. I agree with you it is without any impressive features, except the sense of openness sitting on the couch with the ceiling so high. I really do enjoy that. To me, what really makes a room special, assuming It passes the sniff test of clean, functional, doesnt smell, etc, are large open spaces and good bathrooms. This one, in spite of the square footage of the bathroom, only ticks one of those boxes.

It's still a nice room but having seen it, there's no way I'd consider paying for it again, especially more than double what I could have paid for the jubilee premium that's larger, has a better bathroom, and strip view in top of that.

@Maxbet comment really gave me good perspective on the shirt. I wouldn't mind so much if it was replaceable and or didnt leave me with a brand new Hugo Boss suit I bought for the trip now also useless because that's the only shirt I brought that doesnt clash with it. Either way, I did what I can do, Cosmo can suck it, and I'll probably never go back. I'd understand if I hadn't called until after check in or if they had told me someone had already checked in to that room number and they'd ask, but the attitude if we're not gonna do shit and after 4 when someone checks in, if they turn it in, we'll contact you?!?! Hell no. They're off my list, period, unless something changes. But it isnt going to ruin my trip, just my opinion of Cosmopolitan.

At Aerosmith show now, dinner at Bachannal was great but I didnt take but a couple pics because I've been so many times. I did get a dessert pic though! Yum!

20191126_184547.jpg

20191126_200542.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  20. MCann

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well the "8:00 showtime" just started at 8:55PM. But they sound very good. Tap dancing on a land miiiiine...

20191126_205409.jpg

• Like Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.