1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Young at Heart

Discussion in 'Comps' started by ColoradoJohn, Nov 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColoradoJohn

ColoradoJohn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does Boyd still have this promotion on Wednesday?

2. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes.

I played VP at MSS on the morning of Wednesday 10/23. I went to a kiosk prior to playing.

Then I played enough (more than enough) to get the one tier credit needed for a free breakfast or lunch buffet.

I went back to the kiosk, printed the coupon and went to the lunch buffet.

Another Vegas Message Boarder contributed a clever way to get the one tier credit with minimal risk. With video keno, you will need to play $5 to get one tier credit. He plays 20 quarters. I think it was on a 5 spot video keno. You are very likely to get some of the 20 quarters back—maybe even win. The worst that can happen is to lose every quarter. Then you got the buffet for $5, which is still a good deal.

3. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that I need to clarify that he was not playing 20 quarters on one hand. He was playing 20 separate 25 cent “cards”. That’s why you are likely to get some of the quarters back.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can also play 100 games at a nickel; or 500 at a penny depending on how much time needed to kill prior. :popcorn: BUT be sure to swipe first or all is for naught. Good luck.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right about swiping at kiosk first!

• Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Foos

Foos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much coin-in on Video poker for 1 tier credit?
    I always play their 5 cent Deuces Wild machine in the second alcove

7. ColoradoJohn

ColoradoJohn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to Kiosk at MSS today at 630 am...no promos...
    Went back at 730 am and the Young at Heart was on there. O guess it starts at 7am

8. drfishalot

drfishalot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What kiosk, are we talking about the players club booth,

9. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Worked for me at the Orleans 2 weeks ago. I started with a little bar top VP around 8 am before moving to the tables. I didn't pay any attention to credits, but got the free lunch buffet when I checked the kiosk later that morning. The particular kiosk shouldn't matter.

10. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    https://static.boydgaming.net/boydgaming/media/downloads/256940_DTR_YAHRules.pdf

The Promotion is valid at the following three (3) participating properties: Main Street Station, California and Fremont every Wednesday beginning May 1, 2019 through December 25, 2019.

3. Participants may swipe at any promotional kiosk from 7:00am each Wednesday to redeem the following free offers;

• A Bonus Point Multiplier of 11 times points on Reels and Video Poker for Sapphire tier members and above each Wednesday from 7:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. during the Promotion at any of the three (3) participating properties. Participants that are Sapphire tier members and above only, must swipe at the kiosk prior to play to activate the point multiplier.

• One (1) Free Drawing entry for the $500 Drawing that Wednesday, must be redeemed before 4:45pm. Will not be valid for any other drawing

4. Participants who have earned one (1) tier credit may swipe at the kiosk and choose one (1) free Breakfast or Lunch Buffet voucher, or a $5 Dining Credit. All prizes are valid and must be redeemed on the day they are printed and at the property they are printed unless otherwise indicated.

5. Participants who have earned five (5) tier credits may swipe at the kiosk and choose one (1) of the free prizes available for selection. All prizes are valid and must be redeemed on the day they are printed and at the property they are printed unless otherwise indicated.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Don the Dentist

Don the Dentist LV resident

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its variable depending on the game you play. The better the return of the VP game, the more coin-in it takes to earn 1 tier credit.

12. oldbrewzer

oldbrewzer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Up-date: announced today at Main Street Station that starting in 2020 the Young at Heart promotion will be moved to Tuesdays . They did not elaborate but I assume it will move for all Boyd properties.

13. MinRaiser66

MinRaiser66 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This seems so ridiculous. After years of promoting this for Wednesdays, to change it to Tuesdays seems like a bait and switch. Confuse people for a while and force the staff at the B Connected counter to explain another change of the B Connected loyalty program... " Sorry sir, that promotion was yesterday... we changed it a while ago, didn't you get the memo?"

:soapbox: :bang:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.