1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mandalay Bay or Excalibur For Breakfast

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by zamboni, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had Excalibur and to be honest- it wasn’t that bad, much better than Luxor’s buffet. We are staying at MB Super Bowl night, wondering what would be a better BOGO on myvegas- MB or Excalibur for breakfast? I have heard many bad things about MB buffet, and like I said- have had Excalibur and it was fine. What are your thoughts

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't eaten at either buffet recently, but never had a good experience at either one. I would be more inclined to grab something at the Luxor or Excalibur food court because, IMO, even BOGO is overpaying for those buffets

I Need Spa
  3. black29

black29 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Neither is worth the visit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. willowox

willowox Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stay at Delano all of our trips and have had the Mandalay Buffet once-never again! House of Blues at Mandalay has a decent breakfast at a somewhat reasonable price.

• Like Like x 1
  5. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are staying near MB on a weekend, the Border Grill brunch is a must do. All you can eat, served to you at a great price, worth paying a bit more for.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

This will be Monday morning. We stayed there fathers day weekend and were going to try their breakfast buffet, had a BOGO from mvegas then as well but it was blacked out. So I refunded it, grabbed an Excalibur and we walked over and ate there instead (trains weren’t running that early) and like I said, it wasn’t bad.

7. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BTW- one of the reasons I’m actually asking this is I have heard bad stuff about MB buffet. I figured you can’t mess up breakfast, but the one time I had Luxor’s breakfast, that changed my mind because it was terrible

8. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at Luxor in September with my family, and we ate at the Luxor buffet every day for breakfast, and we all thought it was just fine. I suggested on the last morning that we get room service in the suite instead, and they wanted to go back to the buffet.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had the Luxor brunch buffet a few months ago and I found it horrible. The line was also terrible, fortunately the meal was comped and I was able to skip the line. I'm not going to go into detail, but the only item I would rate as good was the bacon. I also liked the decor.

10. eksantirik

eksantirik High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't tried those breakfast buffets, but had breakfast twice at Einstein Bros Bagels at Excalibur food court and it was great. Especially the lox/cream cheese bagel, highly recommended.

11. VolleyBall

VolleyBall 7* & MLife Plat

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They list the menu but not prices, I haven't been since 2016, within the MB is the Four Seasons and a restaurant called Veranda which is open every weekday morning by 630am

12. Letsdoit

Letsdoit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mandalay was disgusting. I’m not one to complain but everything was horrible.

i was expecting much more for a 5 tier property.

No comparison to mirage or aria buffet.
    Used the BOGO and wanted to ask for a refund. Barely ate anything and the service was bad as well.

i tried Excalibur too and it wasn’t amazing but wasn’t bad either.

I’d try to get the mirage or aria one if possible.

13. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delano/Mandalay Bay is my go-to hotel and I've only eaten at the buffet once. It was pretty bad. Gun to my head would I eat there again? Yes. But even with using a MyVegas reward, I still regretted it.

For breakfast on property, I usually hit up Citizen's, Della's (service can be kinda meh), and Veranda (awesome brunch).

• Like Like x 1
  14. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both are perfectly fine with lots of selection, i dont know why so many are complaining, unless you want fancy stuff.

If you want bacon/ham/potatoes and made to order egg/omelettes both are perfectly fine

15. VegasKStateCat

VegasKStateCat High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m a big fan of RiRa at Mandalay Bay.

16. Ninjamom

Ninjamom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just had the Mandalay bay Breakfast buffet a few weeks ago and it was really good! omelet guy, Tons of fresh fruit, Our drink server was super fast and attentive ! We went during the breakfast lunch switch, I thought everything was great! IMG_2925.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. BugsySeagull

BugsySeagull Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn’t have Excalibur or MB buffet, but I did have Luxor’s buffet back in June. I got it comped with MyVegas, and there is no way I would pay for it, even with a BOGO. The only good thing was the omelette station. Waffles were quite obviously not freshly made.

18. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quality of food I had that day was poor. No buffet is perfect, but I didn't find one thing that made me think "this tastes good, I'll get seconds". I want to like the place because it's convenient and would be quick for me. But with everyone echoing my thoughts, it seems like it just wasn't an off day.

Maybe I'll give it another try in 2020.

19. mercr350

mercr350 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the MB buffet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve had both for breakfast and think it’s all about perspective. Last visit was last year while staying at Excal. I decided to walk to MBay for the better food and much nicer surroundings (vs Excal). Neither is perfect but given the choice of the two, I’d pick MBay hands down. If comparing MBay to Aria or Wicked Spoon, then it’ll lose. But over Excalibur, it’s a win.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.