1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo or Excalibur?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by IWannaBeInVegas, Nov 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So due to a post on this board, I was able to see that I can fly Frontier for $30 round trip from CVG to LAS, I had to book it.

Anyways, I am double booked at both Flamingo and Excalibur.

Flamingo: $158 for resort fees and taxes only.
    Excalibur: $158, $40 Free play, $50 resort credit

I more than likely wont be playing much if an since I will be limited on funds. Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. ChilliPalmer

ChilliPalmer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are both prices all in? If so and if budget is limited I would book Excalibur for the extra $90.

Do you care about preserving cook offers at one property group more than the other? If okay is low would you care more if your offers dropped at CET or MLIFE?

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Flamingo more. But if on limited funds, go with the better offer

I Need Spa
  4. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flamingo.

Location Location Location!

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not worried about offers and I figure the Excal gives me something of value other than the room

Thats what I am thinking, I need to look closer to see of CET has any actual offers, or any other property.

Thats the one reason I would book it.

6. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Summer - Flamingo for the pool.
    Otherwise - Excalibur and the $90 of comps

7. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats what I am starting to think. I am trying to see if I have offers elsewhere

8. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I just looked at actual offers from Cesars. I can get an offer with $50 dining credit or an offer with a free ticket to the rodeo.

If I stay at the Mlife properties I have enough myVEGAS points I could eat for free and maybe see a show

• Like Like x 1
  9. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What are the general dates of your stay ? Do you have a TR Card ? If so you should be able to do better on rates unless peak times. For me I prefer the location of the Flamingo and ease of walking to nearby properties. Of course the pool as well if you are going between march and november

10. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Location, flamingo. Lots of cheap eats in that area.

However since you're not going to play much maybe excalibur to turn that free play into something big

11. thegov2k2

thegov2k2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would go with whichever one you'd rather not get offers from in the future. If that's not a consideration, I'd go with Excalibur to get the free stuff and use some MyVegas rewards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are using Myvegas and you have the coins you can get the Konami play and use it at resorts even if you aren't staying there-- from what I understand you don't have to play the Konami machines. I don't know how strict they are at Excalibur on the official MyVegas not Konami Freeplay when staying on a comp. I had no problem using it on a comp at ParkMGM or at Mirage. I didn't try at Bellagio back in August. Excalibur has Buca Di Beppo - it is decent Italian. If you join their E-club B (if you are not already a member) they give you a printable coupon to use for a free pasta - their pasta is huge - I think you get three choices. It aint Nanna's but if you are on a budget and not a picky eater it is a good value-- my husband and I used it and shared the dish - we couldn't finish it. I think it expires in 30 days after getting it so you may want to wait a couple of weeks before you go. -- Just a money saving suggestion if you stay at Excalibur.

I have stayed at Flamingo once and did not care for it at all. It is the better location. I've stayed at Luxor and walked over to Excalibur - I do like playing there. Good luck and have fun on which ever one you choose. I have a friend that loves Excalibur and is the only place she will stay.

13. jon_vegas

jon_vegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you don't believe you'll be playing much, I suggest staying where you don't mind not getting future offers/comps. If you don't care about future offers, then I'd take the Excalibur with the extra comps. With that said, if you don't care about those either, I like Flamingo better than Excalibur. Flamingo has a better location and just a quick walk to other properties right in the middle of the strip.

14. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    will be there Dec until 1am dec 12. No pool unfortunately. I am using my TR card and the room is comp minus resort fees.

I’m leaning that way. They even was going to charge me for Luxor or I would have picked that. This will be the smallest budget since 2002 when I was married and came out for 3 days with $400
    But tables were to be had for $3 at the boardwalk

offers don’t mean much, in reality I’m shocked at any offers I do get.

so your saying if I buy the free play on the kanomi I should be able to get the free play and other comps even if not staying at an Mlife?

I like the location of Flamingo as well. For me it’s just the comps driving me the other way.

for what it’s worth I can get all of the lower tier CET properties comped the whole time. Just limited on Mlife

15. jon_vegas

jon_vegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I say go for Excal with the comps. The CET comp'd rooms will be there until you underplay. The free play and resort credit might not.

16. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless things have changed the Konami free play is not subject to stays. You can stay at Flamingo and get Konami play at Mirage, Bellagio, ... etc. They are premium rewards so depending on what your limit is you can redeem one each at a different resort. I can use 4 rewards. If you are at a standard 3 then you can use 3. Two if you are going to go to a show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will look into it.

18. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thinking about it, since you're on a budget, maybe excalibur is the better option with the credit (daily?) And free play. That pretty much wipes out the resort fees and you'll save money that way or come ahead depending on the length of your stay

19. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i just looked at the terms and they are the same terms as myVEGAS, free play is not eligible if your on an mlife offer but must be staying at the hotel the free play is for

I wish it were a daily credit but even the $50 food and $40 free play will be something

• Like Like x 1
  20. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Konami free play is different from my Vegas free play. The Konami costs 100k lps last I checked while myvegas is 56k or so. There's a difference there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.