1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone else a Cabo fan?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by WolfpackRobNC, Oct 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WolfpackRobNC

WolfpackRobNC Medium-roller??

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am *just* not starting to come out from under PVD (post-vegas-depression, the struggle is real :cool:) from my trip four weeks ago. I need a non-Vegas topic among some Vegas peeps......

Does anyone else enjoy Los Cabos and go regularly? I haven't been for the last couple of years, but up until then, I used to go at least once a year, sometimes twice a year. Looking back, I started going to Cabo about the same time I stopped going to Vegas, so I wonder if the pendulum is swinging back to Vegas again.

Where do you stay and what's your favorite restaurant?

My ex and I used to own a timeshare at Dreams, but now I really enjoy Grand Solmar on the Pacific side. I've got too many favorite restaurants to name, but any list would start with Hacienda Cocina and Gordo Lele's.

Bueller, Bueller, anyone?? :D

2. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be stopping there for the first time on a cruise this winter. I already noted your restaurants, and will be following this for more info. Nice thread!

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go to Mexico about every other year, Cabo, San Jose, up the peninsula, Puerto V, Yucatan; it varies.

4. WolfpackRobNC

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @nhcris - Please trust me on this.....if you do nothing else in Cabo San Lucas, go to Gordo Lele's. It's an absolute hole in the wall taco stand with a fairly simple but amazing menu of tacos and tortas. It is operated by my friend Javier, who is just about the kindest soul ever.

Javier is a Beatles fanatic and the entire restaurant (all 144 square feet of it) is decorated literally floor to ceiling with Beatles memorabilia. Javier takes your order, cooks it, serves you, and then, he serenades you with Beatles songs! And he's good!!! Check out this video....

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. trorison

trorison Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back from Cabo 2 weeks ago. We went for Sammy Hagar's Bday bash. Great times were had. We Stayed at the Pueblo Bonito Rose and were very happy with that choice. We did an all inclusive, $2500 per couple for 5 nights, that included airfare. One connection on the way there and a direct flight home. They have 2 other resorts you can use too. The Blanco which is right next door and the Sunset location that was about a 25 minute bus ride away. We were 4 couples in our early 50's (I actually turned 50 the day we got there). We did go to all three resorts. The Rose was about the same size as the Blanco but had way less kids. I think we saw about 8 total at our pool the whole time we were there. The Blanco seemed to have at least double that and the Sunset is the more family friendly resort, for sure. It was really a large place. Lots of different buildings and probably 4 pools. You really had to take their golf carts to get around to all the pools and restaurants, but there was never a very long wait for a ride while we were there. Their main pool was very nice, but we enjoyed the Rose pool just as much to be honest. The Rose and Blanco was in walking distance from the shopping, bars and restaurants in town. When we did take cabs it was $14 for all 8 of us each way. The Sunset is way farther and I think the cab ride was like $18 from that one into town. We ate mostly at the resort because it was included but did have a nice lunch at Captain Tony's. We hit a lot of the bars in town. All were fun. Hope this helps.

6. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Tourist

Home of the Cincinnati Bengals!!! Who dey!!!
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were there in June. Love los Cabos...we stay at the secrets resort there. We actually split our vegas trips with a Mexico trip within the same Vacation. 2 nights in vegas, fly to Mexico for 3 nights, then back to vegas for 3 more nights, and them back home. Best of both worlds!

• Love Love x 1
  7. WolfpackRobNC

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Heisenberg - Where is Secrets? That rings a bell, but I am unfamiliar with it.

8. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Tourist

Home of the Cincinnati Bengals!!! Who dey!!!
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is right outside the town of San Jose del cabo, about 20 minutes from the airport, and 45 min from Cabo san lucas. its on a jack nicklaus/Greg Norman designed golf course...I dont golf but It still looks nice...I have been there twice...check it out on youtube, plenty of vlogs on there

9. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Puerto Los Cabos GC.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Brad8173

Brad8173 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the best!
    Did this once Vegas - Cabo - Vegas and it was awesome!

Harder to plan but a great trip when u get the time away.

B

• Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.