1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

737 Max

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by IxAccDnf, Mar 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoppinHardWays

HoppinHardWays VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At this point they’d be better off bringing then 737-300 and 737-500 back in service.

Labor Day!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CNN reporting some new issues and looking again at some old issues this starts to look like it goes into 2020

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TKO

TKO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2019
  4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    More setbacks for Boeing which may keep the Max planes grounded into December.

https://thehill.com/policy/transportation/459623-new-issues-could-keep-boeing-737-max-jets-grounded-into-december-report?amp

5. stlguy197239

stlguy197239 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL, watch them rebrand those planes with a new model number when this is all over! :)

• Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. stlguy197239

stlguy197239 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the bright side, SWA has updated more flights and neither of my flights in November that were using the MAX planes were canceled and both are updated to regular 800s.

8. HoppinHardWays

HoppinHardWays VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They probably will. It'd be as simple as calling ti the 737 Next Gen or something to that effect.

Labor Day!
  9. mikel123

mikel123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The 737WEPROMISEWEWONTFUCKUPANYMORE

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. mikel123

mikel123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree 100%. Some folks could wind up going to prison. WSJ or NYT (can't remember where I read yesterday) wrote a major piece about the content of the texts and the delay, by more than a half a year!!!!, in Boeing turning them over to DOT. Heads will and should roll.

And the scary thing is that this is what we know/just learned, not what we don't yet know/what hasn't been uncovered.

Failure by Boeing to make safety the top priority probably means that the testing and review needs to start from scratch. No way are these planes going to be in the air any time soon. The plans for Delta and American to use the planes by mid-December I am sure have been scrapped.

I love flying and am not a nervous flyer but it is going to be long time, if ever, before I get on one of those planes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They were talking about this on the morning news today. Southwest is apparently pulling them off through February. It sure sounds to me like they put them in service while knowing that they were not ready for prime time.

I'm on the road this week and next, but I'm sure when I get back, our two office airplane SMEs will have a lot to say about this.

13. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I surely do not KNOW all that took place.

But - it would not be unusual that there are problems building anything this complex. Nor would it be unusual for someone to write emails saying something is all screwed up during the build and testing phase. That email from a test pilot in a simulator saying bad things does not in itself prove it was screwed up and Boeing ignored those warnings.

It would not be surprising if they found other very serious problems along the way. It happens.

On the other hand, if the investigation of this whole thing finds they KNEW there was a problem that was not addressed or people were told to ignore and shutup, then Boeing is in so deep, the will have trouble coming back.

14. tee6395

tee6395 Downtown Dreamer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is what the entire email intimated. That is how the press is reporting it. Unfortunately, it would not surprise me whatsoever that someone discovered this dangerous flaw and CEOs intentionally ignored the warning for profit. Then the "pickle fork" fiasco coming on the heels of Max 8. Is this really that hard to believe? Screw me once...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate Enough is enough. Somebody needs to tell her…

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is beginning to sound a lot like the Ford Pinto scandal, in which Ford knowingly sold cars with a dangerous fuel tank defect because it would be cheaper to pay judgements to victims and their families, than it would be to make all of the cars safer.

Jul 17 to ??? - Amtrak from Chicago to AZ... Laughlin, Vegas & More!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even if someone showed they addressed the item in the email, our current press would still report it like they did. They love to jump to conclusions and write click bait headlines.

17. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Part of the problem is the newer pilots and especially those not from the USA, the UK or Germany are not as proficient at manually flying the jets and rely too heavily on computers even for landing. They have trouble adapting to system failures of various natures.
    The subject aircraft flying on the states can have that "pilot assist" system shut off from the cockpit and even remotely from their flight operations.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. stlguy197239

stlguy197239 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jake13

Jake13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what happens when you are left "Home Alone" too many times.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.