1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Limo from airport to hotel

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Sonic0102, Oct 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonic0102

Sonic0102 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I went to Vegas about four years ago there were limo services I could get that would take me to hotel. I think I paid $70 is this still a common thing? I'm going to the Wynn what is a reasonable price?

Thanks

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes

I Need Spa
  3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since 4 years ago, Uber has taken off - under $20 - with the tip. LOL!

4. Sonic0102

Sonic0102 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    20 for the uber or limo?

5. Las Vegan Cajun

Las Vegan Cajun High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $20 for the Uber not the limo.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Natural21

Natural21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When reserving a car to pick you up at the airport, do you book online or call the limo service directly? Can I depend on them being there if I book online?
    Thank you for any info.
    Good luck.:beer::beer:

7. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Presidential is pretty dependable. I used 5 star once and they were on time and waiting at baggage claim but the car was a little beat up. Omni is the easiest one to book online and probably the cheapest with nice new vehicles but I did order a stretch Lincoln from them and the driver showed up in an Escalade. He told us the heater was stuck on in the stretch they were supposed to use for us so they brought the Escalade for our comfort. Even though both vehicles are the same rate with them, he offered to take us on any stops we wanted, welcome to vegas sign, and gave us a ride all the way up and down the entire strip in heavy traffic because my guest hadn't been there in a few decades. They then told me if I called a manager she would give me a partial refund or a free or discounted ride my choice. I thought that was pretty good customer service all things considered, but yah if you use one of the reputable companies they are very dependable and most will be waiting for you at baggage claim with a sign with your name on it.

Edit - Forgot to mention - in my experiences this year, omni has a $55 rate for the escalade or 6 passenger 90" stretch Lincoln SUV that comes out just under $70 each way I think with fees and tip when prepaid. Five star I paid about $75-80 each way not including tip but that was a 10 foot stretch 10 passenger, and I want to say Presidential was closer to $80 or 90 each way for a standard 6 passenger stretch but is probably the most reliable and has pretty much all nice new cars. They also own Bell and I think they probably rotate any old or imperfect cars out to the Bell fleet.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  8. Slacker

Slacker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, still common for us and that price is pretty close. I splurge a little in Vegas so we book a RT Limo every time and have had the same driver for 3 years. One less thing to worry about and he always has plenty of cold beer at pickup

9. Natural21

Natural21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you, but do you prefer booking online or calling directly?

Good luck. :beer::beer:

10. MCann

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I book online, but most of the companies have you fill out an online form then someone calls you to get a deposit and or confirm availability and reservation. I think Omni is the only one I was able to book, confirm, and pay online without having to speak to a person.

11. Jake13

Jake13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually call the limo companies to get the total rate after fees and taxes because I don't like entering all my info online before knowing what the bottom line is going to be. When I decide which one, then call and book.
    The most recent calls have been to ask about either a 6 passenger limo or an SUV because there are going to be 5 of us with luggage. Results for RT service were:
    Presidential - Limo $158, SUV Limo $159 and Cadillac ESV $135, totals without tip
    Bell - Limo $127 (High Roller without champagne) and SUV $138, totals without tip
    Omni - No recent quote because had been higher in the past.
    If you don't need a large capacity vehicle, then prices should be less

12. Slacker

Slacker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I text my driver and he sets everything up including making sure my coors light is ice cold

13. bull1029

bull1029 Mr. Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Presidential has always been good for me. Except the time I put down the wrong pickup time. Had to cab it to the airport, and while I wasn't late, I cut it a little closer than I like. Not their fault.

14. MCann

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dug up my Omni receipt from 6 months ago. The pickup from the airport to strip was $64.89 out the door before tip, but that included $6.89 in fees related to airport parking and meeting at baggage claim so the return trip should have been a little cheaper. That was the rate for 90" stretch 6-passenger lincoln MKX. Standard Escalade and Mercedes S-class were available at the same rate.

15. Jake13

Jake13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just looked up Omni on their website for the 90" limo and from the airport to the Wynn it shows about the same price you showed, $65 without tip, and like the other vehicles you mentioned. When I looked at price to the Orleans, which I was actually referencing, it comes up about $96 without tip. Not sure why the big difference since mileage isn't much different. In fact they show the Gold Coast rate to be same as the Wynn rate and that is farther than both the others.
    The cheapest for Omni I saw was their Toyota Camry for about $49 without tip. All these are one way of course.

The $96 rate to the Orleans is higher for one way than either Bell ($72) or Presidential SUV ($80).

16. MCann

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ahh ok, didnt realize you were talking about off strip. That's kinda funny cause they are the cheapest of those companies to the strip for a 6 passenger when I comparison shopped for a few different trips. What's real crazy about that is the receipt I looked up from which I quoted exact amounts was actually from when we went to Rio, right next door to Gold Coast. Also, he took the freeway like every private limo I've ever taken has, so yah, pretty similar distance traveled there. I doubt t they're getting kickbacks but maybe they're trying to attract bigger spenders with a lower price to center strip. Who knows.

17. tigers4life

tigers4life Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use a limo often on my trips. You can book ahead and they will meet you at the baggage claim which is kind of nice. I have used Bell, Presidential and Omni. Sometimes I just walk outside where the Shuttles are and you can just pick one up there. I have never been turned down when I ask to make a quick stop to get some snacks for the room. It really is a nice way to get to the hotel

18. mickyblueeyes

mickyblueeyes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if I book a sedan pick up do they have glasses to have a drink or just limo? I prefer not to take limo all by myself but enjoy a scotch en route.

19. Jake13

Jake13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, curiosity got to me so I called Omni (because they never responded to an email request I did about 5 days ago) and found out why prices were so much higher to the Orleans than say the Wynn. The lady said that anywhere on the strip there is a 1 hour minimum charge, but anything off the strip had a 1 1/2 hour minimum charge. I guess they consider Palms, Gold Coast, and Rio on the strip because those have the 1 hour charge even though they are about same distance as Orleans. Even though the Orleans (4.6 miles from airport) is half the distance of say Palace Station (9.2 miles) the charge is 31.00 higher each way to and from the airport. This is for the SUV, the 90" limo, or Mercedes. Others would probably be similar higher prices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.