1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What’s the average airfare to Vegas from where you’re at

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by hard6, Jul 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Use SWA Points, around 20k to 25k. Sometimes I get it for 14k-15k, but have to book EARLY and get very lucky. Out of BWI (Baltimore).

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    July 19th - July 24th
    • Love Love x 1
  2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SWA is $200-$375 round trip from Reno to Las Vegas (450 miles) depending on time of day. Since Las Vegas has 70% of the state's population, but the Capitol is up north in Carson City, the planes often have many, many (30-50) state employees and elected officials going back 'n forth. This keeps the planes full and an upward pressure on price, especially for the "decent" times of day.

There's 10-12 daily, direct flights between the two cities. Fortunately for me, I'm still drawing from the large bank of points I amassed when I was a working fella.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  3. GoriGambler

GoriGambler Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southwest: 200-350 dlls depending on day and date.
    Allegiant can get as cheap as 60dlls RT during weekdays and buying them at the airport... on weekends around 150dlls..

4. bruceb

bruceb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends on the trip. For a quick solo trip Frontier has been as low as $19 (each way) averages 49-79 (each way) no seat assignment or luggage. For longer trips, SWA or Delta is usually in the $200-$250 r/t range. This is from Cincinnati (cvg). And I remember all of those years that cvg rivaled Charlotte for most expensive airfare in the country and I drove to DAY, IND, CMH, SDF.........

5. eswort

eswort Tourist

id say flying out of philly or newark its usually around $300/350 r/t....but on our upcoming trip it will be $0 thanks to my mother in law hooking us up with some of her miles for first class r/t tickets

• Love Love x 1
  6. PlanetMark

PlanetMark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $1200ish for Premium Economy or $3000ish business BA from London here. Could go economy, then again, 10 hours squashed next to some fatty is not our idea of a fun start to a trip!

7. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

We always fly SW from either EWR or PHL. The most we've ever paid OW is about $123 but we are retired and can fly anytime so we wait for a good sale.The downside is that SW has no nonstops from either airport but for the prices we pay we can live with it. Last year they had a sale for about $137 RT from PHL. We booked three trips for that price.

8. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Philly to Vegas 60 days out on AA $430 to $550 main cabin.
    Basic economy less but will not go there.
    Frontier and Spirit also less but off times.

9. jlpkap

jlpkap Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sun Country from MSP rt normally around 150 usually not Sunday. Spirit normally a little higher. Delta much higher, SW isn't considered as no nonstops right now.

10. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow, forgot about checking with united. I used to love stopping off in SFO but lately rooms have been getting way too expensive

11. judy

judy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same. (TPA )Lately best SWA deal was 400 RT for airfare only but SWA vacations are quite the deal 400 -450 per person including 4 nights hotel. Of course resort fees are extra.

12. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pay around 500$ canadian for a round trip from Quebec City always with Air Canada Rouge

Manage to get one for 441$ for my next trip, thats their cheapest fare with no points, no change, no seat selection , no free check bag, no screen in the seats.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  13. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    About $600-$650 round trip from JFK to LAS could be more with extra legroom on JetBlue.

14. roycpa

roycpa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Roughly 300+ from St Louis, and $400+ from any of 3 airports in Central IL. Usually fly locally since we have free parking at all the local airports, and if you add in the $9/day in St. Louis, the fares are comparable. First class from local airports are about &850+ and totally not worth it since we are flying baby jets and first class just means you sit a couple rows closer to the front. I haven't flown first class for 35 years, since the additional cost would pay for my entire hotel bill in Vegas.

15. jack v

jack v MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From MSP(the closest airport), the normal airfare is maybe $300 rd trip, but if you check around and take a less popular flight you can get them for $200, if you stoop to the spirits/sun country's you can go as low as $69 one way.

16. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Out of Austin if you don’ t mind times (we are such dolts) you can get as cheap as 79$. But usually a good deal is 111$ each way with discounts for less times. We only do direct. At worst...one stop no plane change. We are dolts.

17. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I paid $440 this May from Ft. Myers (RSW-Southwest FL) with plane changes in St Louis on Southwest..Had EB also both segments.
    Wasn't that many years ago that I would do AA through DFW for around $250,Today that is over $500 easy
    I could find cheaper flights from Tampa,Orlando or Ft Lauderdale but living about 20 minutes from my home airport is worth paying the extra $.
    Spirit and Frontier service the market also but the flight times and connections are bad.

18. LindaS

LindaS Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I paid 170$ roundtrip for September from Chiago to Las Vegas on Southwest.The cheapest I paid was 77$ roundtrip a few years ago in January.Free luggage too!

19. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never have, and will not, pay more than $200 R/T from Seattle. Lately with Spirit I have been getting it down to $48.60 R/T by buying my tickets at the airport.

20. gebruiker

gebruiker High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    310 euro Amsterdam to las Vegas, direct is around 500 euro, KLM Just started that route

Wooohooooooo!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.