1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

More first time Cosmo advice requested

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by AyDee, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AyDee

AyDee is getting too old for this

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's obviously a glut of information up on how great the rooms and food options are,

I'm a lil baby downtown guppy that somehow got and booked a comped cosmo terrace room at the end of this month.

I believe word is its worth paying the $40 or so a night for the terrace fountain view, will try for it over a hopeless $20 trick.

Good experiences with block 16, I can basically subsist on smoke, alchohol, and adrenaline, thoughts on restaurants that support small shared snacks? Prob gonna try momofuku and other highly recommended spots in the first timer food thread,.

More importantly though, how do I survive as someone that prefers tables, I am thinking of checking out nearby spots to spread some play.. P and I have basically no played MLife and CET, but get spammy offers near daily, I guess I will try to check out the Linq, Harrahs, any other suggestions for low limits craps or BJ in the neighborhood, and anyone have thoughts on table play at Cosmo? I know there are no points to be had, my theo will be minimal/subpar, and while I could stretch to $10 min, I don't want $15 mins which I saw last time we did an evening rollthrough..

hopefully will hook up with @EastCoastVegasFan! for an strip/DT craps escape if necessary.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  2. todd7764

todd7764 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Table play at Cosmo is expensive and returns minimum in comps with low level (below $100/hand) betting. I have never seen minimums lower than $15. I have had fun playing blackjack and craps there, but Cosmo is too rich for sustained play for a low/mid roller like me.
    Slots offer much more in comps at Cosmo.
    If you stay at Cosmo, you might find the table play very reasonable next door at Planet Hollywood and the Cromwell is fairly close too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Iratus

Iratus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Craps is $15, Blackjack starts at greens for 3:2 but is technically a better game than $15 6:5

So it’s above what you want to spend and obviously you won’t get status or future front end comps based on low end table play though they’re still pretty good about back end comps.

Personally I think you’ve got the right idea, I’d personally rather pay to stay somewhere nice and save my bankroll for other venues. There’s enough cheaper ones close by. Cromwell, and Bally’s were alright.

Problem for me with the cosmopolitan is that the room rates these days are getting crazy, it’s just too much a victim of its own success. They still have well Over 90% occupancy though, hence the tight up front. You’re basically covering a room they’ll sell $250+ at the weekend.

In terms of food, the sushi place at block 16 I found great for a quick bite and I’m basically in love with Jaleo who do a really good lunch special. Henry is pretty good as well, I didn’t really find much else that appealed but I’ve got funny tastes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $40 is absolutely worth the upgrade IMO. The $20 trick is probably worthless here. You are staying in one of the premier joints in Vegas, do it right!

Like @Iratus, I love Jaleo. China Poblano also has small plates. Lastly, you can always grab a slice at Secret Pizza.

• Like Like x 1
  5. win4me

win4me VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto on Jaleo & China Poblano! I love Block 16. Hattie B's and Lardo are the only 2 I have tried so far, but I have heard great things about the other dining/drinking options.

• Like Like x 2
  6. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it worth $40? Well, I paid $50 for that upgrade, but the joke's on them because I would have paid $100. Yes, it's worth it. Enjoy!

EDC
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. jcombs

jcombs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We do slots at Cosmo, and walk over to the Cromwell for table games. I love both.

• Like Like x 2
  8. rezmike

rezmike Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bar top VP for the cocktails and people watching, but everyone else is right that the table mins aren't worth it, short an early session before they jack the mins up

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just returned from my first Cosmo stay. I had terrace room with a fountain view in the Chelsea tower on the 51st floor. The room was great. Nice and quiet. The view was great. The downside is that all the restaurants are in the Boulevard tower so we had a bit of a walk. We mostly ate at the upscale restaurants but we did have Eggslut for breakfast our last day there. I highly recommend it. There's always a bit of a line but it moves fast.

The cheapest BJ tables were $15 and were all 6-5. You have to step up to $25 to get the 3-2 payout.

We went to both the Boulevard pool and the Chelsea pool. Boulevard pool was more happening (i.e., more eye candy). Chelsea had more families. Food out by the pools is surprisingly good. We had crab lettuce wraps, empanadas, and fish tacos and all were very good.

• Informative Informative x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.