1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

5 days solo the cal and planet hollywood 7/8 to 7/13

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by bluejays, Jul 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boxofbirds

boxofbirds Royally Flushed

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck with the rest of the trip! Tried the oxtail soup for the first time last trip and loved it!

Trip #39!
  2. bluejays

bluejays Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Converted $25 mykonami free play to 1.26 at aria lol. Now chillin at the cosmopolitan before my dinner res enjoying some nice cocktails. Shout out to the nice lady who gave me her extra drink tickets at chandelier bar[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  3. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m hoping for the same view when we check in to PHo Friday!

Happy birthday to me!
    Let’s check Garth off my nieces bucket list!
  4. VideoPokerNerd

VideoPokerNerd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Story of my life.

"Maiden Vegas" UP THE IRONS!
    1st time at Luxor
  5. bluejays

bluejays Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah honestly the regular room is really nice so just the view is awesome

• Like Like x 1
  6. bluejays

bluejays Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Honestly find it ridiculous at this point how much vp I've played without a quad. Either way though I've had a great time with lots of nice drinks. On my way to mesa grill for a great meal if it loves up to the hype!

7. M1goblu

M1goblu Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everything is great at Mesa but my fav is the spice rubbed pork loin... absolutely amazing ! Whatever you choose .. ENJOY !

8. bluejays

bluejays Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely wonderful meal at mesa grill. Had the prixe fix meal which included tiger shrimp corn tamale, pork tenderloin which I added a baked potato, and some sort of chocolate mousse for dessert which was a wonderful light ending to a very rich meal. I had a cheery cola old fashioned and mesa traditional margarita, both of which were delicious. Service was excellent. Total came to just under $100 which was covered by my diamond dinner. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 6
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  9. Brando95

Brando95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you enjoyed Mesa. That bread basket and tamale are soooo good. Never had a bad meal there and always impressed with the service.

9th Island stopover on the way to Hawaii
    July 4th in the desert!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. bluejays

bluejays Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah everything was awesome but the bread basket and tamale were definitely the highlights

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. bluejays

bluejays Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Penn and teller was decent, pretty funny and some cool tricks. Audience was packed looked to be almost sold out. Only downside was after my many afternoon cocktails it was enough time between drinks for me to completely crash. Lost my bankroll for the day already anyway so for the best but now just gonna hang in the room, watch some Seinfeld, and drink 4 bottles of water. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  12. btodd

btodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That view is amazing! Really hope we can get that next month as my daughter ( just turned 21) has never been to Vegas! Room looks great too, I have to assume that there is a separate shower as well as that soaker tub?
    I know the feeling of the dreaded crash after day drinking, hopefully your water will rehydrate you and today a great day!

13. Brando95

Brando95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    View looks great. Staying there for the first time in October and since it's a Sunday and Monday night I'm hoping I get a decent view or upgrade on check-in. Not a deal killer for me but it would be nice to look out and see a view like that!

9th Island stopover on the way to Hawaii
    July 4th in the desert!
  14. bluejays

bluejays Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep there's a separate shower and a toilet room to the right. Really nice bathroom.

15. bluejays

bluejays Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm 2/2 getting a nice view with the $20 trick so I'd say it's pretty likely. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  16. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good stuff so far! But find a quad please!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. bluejays

bluejays Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Feeling 100% this morning. Woke up starving so went to hash house as I had a travelzoo voucher. Food was good, bloody Mary was excellent. Totally hit the spot.

Now heading to the south outlets to do some shopping. Hoping to find some shoes as I only brought one pair and they gave me a blister lol. Not sure what my afternoon will bring but hitting up the aviators game this evening which will be awesome. I'm a huge baseball fan if you couldn't tell from my username. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  18. D in the D

D in the D Oldest ride, Longest Line

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing all of this thusfar. Time to find some quads and the elusive 5th card to the Royal.

19. AlPal

AlPal Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the same thing happen for the first several days of my birthday weekend in Joilet/Southern Indiana. I played many thousands of hands without a quad, and caught a fair amount of flack for it on here as being "impossible", which of course is an ignorant statement to make about anything involving VP. The last day of my trip I stopped at Harrah's in Anderson Indiana and I managed a quad about every 30 hands or so, which is another mathematical anomaly. Hopefully things change for you soon and you start stacking the quads up!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. bluejays

bluejays Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow south premium outlets is like 90% shoes stores..glad that's what I was going for. Got some comfy new blister free walking shoes. Hit up costco for a couple items you cant get in canada. Now back at the hotel cracking a beer and seeing where the afternoon takes me. Just need to keep in mind I'm driving to the game in a few hours haha cheers![​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.