1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Marijuana and the Airport

Discussion in 'Vegas After Dark' started by martinr, Jul 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As said many times before - do not put drugs in checked bags. Folks have stuff in their carryon bags everyday. Dogs at TSA checkpoint are looking for explosive stuff, not drugs. They do have drug dogs behind the scenes. Of course - 160 pounds is a different story.

3. Amywilson

Amywilson Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    as I am not mistaken every state has its rules about transporting weed.

4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it's Federal law that you can't transport it across state lines.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. LGBtoLAS

LGBtoLAS MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went through McCarran with multiple THC pens and a labeled bag of edibles in my backpack.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Foos

Foos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Easy Peasy, no problems at all

7. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think many people would be surprised how many do this all day long.

I know somebody who is planning a Vegas trip soon to stock up again, especially with lots of edibles. The pens last a long time. Edibles seem to disappear way too quickly.

8. Imnofool

Imnofool Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok so dont put vape concentrate on checked in bags? I did the last time spread the concentrates in different checked in bags.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. davidcyndi

davidcyndi MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, keep them in your carry on. Do not try to hide them.

10. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do not put ANY drugs in checked bags. The drug dogs are usually down in the baggage area - not at the checkpoints. Those dogs are looking for other things (boom!).

11. bull1029

bull1029 Mr. Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As they used to say on my favorite TV show, "Hill Street Blues,"--hey, hey....be careful out there.

12. RebelDiceMan

RebelDiceMan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got back from six nights in Las Vegas yesterday. After spending 10 days in Cali, my wife and I both flew from a California airport to Las Vegas with edibles (Gummies for me, Cookies & chocolate for her) in our checked bags. Later, we flew out of Las Vegas with some of those same edibles again in our checked luggage. No problems at either airport or when we got back to our home airport.
    FWIW- we also mailed some edibles from California to our home address without incident. I don't know if you would have the same results with actual plant matter but those edibles don't seem to attract a lot of attention.

13. gutshotSF

gutshotSF Royal chaser and real-life long-distance runner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Someone who totally is not me took a bunch of cannabis gummies through security at McCarran. This someone had put them in resealable candy bags in his carry on backpack. This person's bag got pulled for a secondary. The TSA agent open the bag of candy, took one look at the gummies and said "bro, they don't make this candy in gummy form," laughed, resealed the bags and sent this person on his way.

I would infer from this story that happened to my friend that it is far easier to get away with edibles/vapes than it is with actual flower.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Recent article had a nice, but brief write up for McCarran. The amnesty boxes are news to me though.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzannerowankelleher/2019/05/04/tsa-check-were-cool-and-were-not-looking-for-your-weed/#ad9a25031e61

15. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    re: Amnesty boxes. I wonder how many people use them?

I am thinking most people that are at the airport with "goodies" are doing it on purpose and in most cases are stocked up with enough for a few months. (I have heard of that happening).

In any event, if people do put stuff in those boxes, I wonder how much goes home with the person in charge of emptying it?

SIDE NOTE : I have YET to read a report of anyone being arrested.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  16. airball1996

airball1996 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TSA didn't bother me.....

17. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So we should check these boxes when we get off the plane on arrival?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am guessing you are talking about arrival into Vegas - and in jest. Not sure exactly where those boxes are, but I assume they are someone in the TSA line?

19. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes and mostly yes. They're located away from TSA in high traffic areas. I found some pics and they just look like green garbage cans, but unfortunately, per the Las Vegas review journal (and the pics I found seem to confirm this):

"Each receptacle is bolted to the ground and equipped with a drawer-top that’s designed to prevent people from reaching inside, Crews said. Airport workers regularly monitor the area to look for signs of tampering."

20. lasvg3

lasvg3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only place I've ever seen these "Amnesty" boxes was, oddly enough, in HNL airport (Honolulu). But I believe the concern there was all the other "errant" agricultural products being brought in (plants, food, vegetables, etc.). I don't know if Hawaii does that "agricultural inspection" any more. Santiago, Chile does it, as they have a thriving agricultural export business. But they didn't have any amnesty boxes that I saw. They just use the scanner on all carry on bags. I recall when flying home from Papeete Intl. Airport in Tahiti, the airline (Air Tahiti Nui) gives you a gardenia to wear during the flight. But when you arrive in the USA (in this case, they did have a flight directly to/from JFK at the time), you were required to leave that gardenia on the aircraft in the trash. You could not take it with you into the airport, lest you get nailed on an Agricultural hit. But, again, no Amnesty boxes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.