1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife Gold or higher room upgrade perk. What does that really mean?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by romeocasido, Jan 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romeocasido

romeocasido High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mlife Gold or higher room upgrade perk. Has anyone successfully used it? What does that really mean? Do i still need to $20 tip trick just to grease the wheels?

I'm staying at the Aria with a Double Queen deluxe. I'm Mlife gold... does an upgrade mean same room type just a high floor with a view? Do you think my status has enough pull for a corner suite (based upon availability of course)

2. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No firsthand experience, but anecdotally from what I've heard, it's usually a view upgrade.

EDC
  3. vacationaddict

vacationaddict Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me with Mlife gold it only gets me a higher floor and/or view. I'm sure YMMV if you grease the wheels a little bit.

4. ScottE

ScottE Roller!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    even when I was platinum with MLIFE, that tier upgrade didn't do anything for me. I would often take a paid upgrade and try and get a host to comp it on the backend, depending on play

5. HOSKITE

HOSKITE Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never paid for rooms at the Aria and therefore don't know, but had it work at lower tier properties during PAID stays:

Upgraded from Luxor Pyramid to Tower and at Monte Carlo from a room to a suite. Can't remember the room details and how much those upgrades were really worth.

I actually wouldn't even have known I was entitled to them, but both times the check-in staff noticed, directed me to VIP check-in where they were then "pleased to upgrade me based on my status."

Could imagine that at Aria it is really just a better view: I.e. fountains instead of mountains ;-)

6. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

We're MLife platinum , have a host and the only ":upgrade" we ever get is a somewhat high floor with a strip view. YMMV but I wouldn't count on too much.

7. tornadobox

tornadobox High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's the next "room class". So for properties with a base room, and a base "view" room, you'd be upgraded to the view room. If you've already got a higher class room than the base, then you won't get an upgrade.

Example:

MLife Gold at NYNY, the check-in clerk specifically stated I was being upgraded from the Park Ave (original reservation) to the Madison Ave room.
    MLife Gold at Delano, already had the Scenic Suite booked, so no comp upgrade.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I doubt it, because mLife Gold "ain't s**t". I know because I am one . . . . However, "if you don't ask . . . . ".

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Vu Tran

Vu Tran Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mlife hotel is total different from cet
    No matter what level u are room upgrade is not available unless u want to pay the price. I was a platinum and I booked the hotel thru the website. When I check in, the room was not available upon my requested. So comp room is only comp no guaranteed

10. Laugh

Laugh VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    YMMV, checking into SkySuites I got upgraded to strip view from mountain view.
    Most reps will automatically upgrade you to a strip view or high floor.
    This perk will diminish if these damn kiosks end up everywhere.
    It's a nice little perk :)

Yearly Online Friends Trip!
    Cousin's Bachelor Party!
  11. gregster44

gregster44 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had some luck as platinum with this, usually better luck if i stay at someplace like the Luxor and have gotten room upgrade, but at the Mirage or MGM it is usually just a better view.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.