1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Piff - Magic and (Real) Animals

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by luck.ofthe.draw, Jul 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never seen Piff the Magic Dragon's show, only barely knew his story. My boyfriend and I ended up watching how he got his start on YouTube and saw his sidekick, Mr. Piffles.

He's a cute little chihuahua! And at first I was excited "aww" - but especially in 2018, I was leery. Is this dog just a performer, or your pet? Has he been trained, or....damaged for this show stuff? Bottom line: do you treat him well and does he enjoy what he's doing ?

This article says it all: https://m.lasvegassun.com/vegasdeluxe/2015/jul/23/piff-magic-dragon-mr-piffles-greatest-decision-i-h/

I was happy :)

Has anyone seen Piffs Vegas show? If so, what'd ya think? From a magician standpoint I wasn't impressed but show me a doggie with genuine involvement and well....

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw his Xmas show last year and was thoroughly entertained. At no point was I ever thinking that Piffles was in danger or even uncomfortable.

His show is I think deliberately pretty light on the "ooh and ahh" magic, it's all sort of tongue in cheek and he kind of sends up the whole magic scene in Vegas; there are never any of those cringey "voila!" moments. I would definitely recommend it, it's reasonable, not overly long and you'll leave with a smile on your face.

• Like Like x 1
  3. meme57

meme57 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved him on America's Got Talent, loved his personality (or lack of it lol), and couldn't wait to see him in person. I was sorely disappointed. I thought he did all is good stuff on AGT. The dog was cute though. We (3 of us) couldn't wait for it to be over. I guess I am in the minority because many were laughing all the way through. I thought he was boring.

4. Syringe Monkey

Syringe Monkey Hero of the Baggage Carousel...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We loved Piff on AGT, for his 90 second bits. 90 minutes, not so much. We saw his show 1.5 years ago, and we were disappointed. It just wasn't great...but, his super-hot assistant makes up for it. (Jade Simone)

• Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you think that's common with comedians in general? Not all comedians, of course, but some where you like them in small doses. I remember going to a George Carlin show and laughing so much my ribs ached. Same with the Black & Brown Comedy Get Down. Brad Garrett....not so much. The line for Piff was pretty long, so he must do a decent draw. We thought about going one night, but ran a real quick cost-benefit analysis. It didn't materialize.

'Cause once per annum is insufficient...
  6. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought it was worth it just to get a photo holding Mr. Piffles after the show LOL. We were at his Christmas themed show a couple years ago and thought the same thing that the good stuff had been on TV. Couple things we had already seen. However, I did get called up on stage to help with a trick so that was pretty fun.

7. cssvt

cssvt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw it on Tuesday night and was crying I was laughing so hard. I think audience participation helps/hurts the show a bit, but the guy is crazy quick on his feet and is great with his audience work (improv) as well as his planned and practiced stuff. HIGHLY recommend the show when you're in Vegas. Tickets are a bit pricey, but it's a very small show audience and they can be had online a little cheaper. General admission tickets so get there early. After the show he does pictures with the audience for free (you get to hold Mr. Piffles too) and they sell merch.

For those wondering about age group: I'd say it's PG-13. A few jokes that are very dirty but will go over a child's head. Some moderate swearing (no F bombs).

8. Syringe Monkey

Syringe Monkey Hero of the Baggage Carousel...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perhaps....but, I think we sometimes set our expectations too high, setting ourselves up for disappointment. Piff was probably a prime example of that...a decent show that we thought would be something else entirely.

9. FolsomMike

FolsomMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed the show last November but I think the sweet old lady with her young granddaughter sitting next to me was expecting something quite different and left half way through. :)

10. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like he older couple sitting in front of me at a Tosh show that left pretty fast into the set

11. SAll11

SAll11 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I are in our early 30s and thought the show was funny. It probably helped my wife was called on stage to help. She still talks about holding Mr Piffles.

12. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The first time I saw Piff was on Penn and Teller Fool Us. This was in the early days when it was filmed in the UK before it moved over to Vegas. I thought he was entertaining then especially with his English humour. The next time I saw him was on AGT and then he popped up in Vegas. I went to his show a couple of years ago and I never stopped laughing. His interaction with the audience is just so funny and he is quick at thinking on his feet. The woman sat next to me even got to hold Mr Piffles for part the show.
    I like the story of how he rescued Mr Piffles, I too have a rescue dog and it was also the best decision I have ever made..

13. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoyed the show, but did not realize it was open seating. It was full, we got put in the back under the A/C vents. I got sick for the rest of our stay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.