1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NBA WNBA strike deal with MGM resorts

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by ffejry, Jul 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The NBA has become the first major American sports league to strike a partnership with a sports betting company.

A deal with MGM Resorts International announced on Tuesday that makes the company the official gaming partner of the NBA and WNBA. The company, which operates properties in several states, will have access to league highlights, logos and data across their betting platforms while working with the NBA “on best-in-class practices to protect the integrity of NBA and WNBA games.”

“As the landscape for sports betting in the U.S. continues to evolve at a rapid pace, MGM Resorts is a proven gaming leader for us to work with on this groundbreaking partnership,” NBA Commissioner Adam Silver said in a statement. “Our collaboration will result in the best possible gaming and entertainment experience for consumers through the use of accurate, real-time NBA and WNBA data, and our collective efforts to maintain and enhance the integrity of our games.”

ESPN reports that the deal is for three yearsand at least $25 million.

There will likely be other deals to follow now that states are free to set their own course when it comes to legalizing sports betting. The NFL has not announced any plans on that front, but has asked Congress for “a core regulatory framework” that would cover all 50 states and “protect our content and intellectual property from those who attempt to steal or misuse it.”

• Like Like x 1
  2. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. charlestfuller

charlestfuller Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm very interested to see how this develops and takes off

4. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me too. I think it is exciting

5. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And since the nfl is above any antitrust regulation I hope their intellectual property and content are protected by congress as well.
    However the House of Representatives is on a 5'week adjournment and the season will be underway in early September. What to do what to do?
    I certainly hope they continue the protection of anyone daring to utter super bowl as that is taboo. Big Game is preferred please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.