1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

canelo/GGG

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by Crawfordesquire, Jul 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crawfordesquire

Crawfordesquire High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm thinking GGG knocks out the ginger. thoughts?

2. aj5492

aj5492 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely think GGG wins. Thought he should of won the first fight too

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what are the posted lines at the moment? I'll be in Vegas during the fight but not attending it

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A
    As of this morning on Cantor:

Alverez +137
    GGG -157

Total Rounds 11.5+/-250 11.5-/ +200

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. todd7764

todd7764 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it will go to the cards. GGG's knockout power appears to be fading fast.

6. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GGG knockout

7. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just found out one of my hosts got me tickets to the match, so I guess I am betting on it, lol. My gut says GGG by decision. But my gut also has limited boxing knowledge. I won't wager any Canelo. I have watched him a few times and been underwhelmed each time.

I Need Spa
  8. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m unsure as well on which individual boxer to wager on. Guess I may take the O 11.5 rounds?

• Like Like x 1
  9. BillDonovan

BillDonovan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was burned in the first fight with the controversial outcome of a draw, then burned again when the scheduled rematch for Cinco De Mayo was cancelled due to Alvarez's failed drug tests, so do feel like a sucker to go back in and bet on this possible September fight again. But like most sports junkies, will take a look at it. GGG will be highly motivated to win the fight outright by KO/TKO, and not let it go to a judge's decision again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Nolaphishfan

Nolaphishfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GGG cant knock out what he cant hit. If you watched the first fight what you saw was GGG missing canelo. He literally missed him 500 times. GGG is strong but slow. I absolutely think it goes to a decision and I like canelo to win it. He always gets favorable decisions in vegas and this time should be no different. In order for GGG to win he is gonna have to dominate him and I just cant see that happening.

As for the first fight I think the draw was the absolute correct outcome. No doubt canelo punished GGG more (look at GGGs face and compare it to canelos face immediately after the fight). You could say that facial damage doesnt tell the whole story and that is 100% correct BUT GGG only landed 6 body shots. Yes you read that right 6. Its not as though GGG was pounding him everywhere but his face, GGG was landing stiff jabs and thats about it. Yes GGG was walking him down but he refused to get in close because he was fearful of getting countered so while everyone blames canelo for running they need to also point at GGG for not engaging in close.

Full discloser: I am NOT a canelo fanboy and was pulling for GGG the entire 1st fight. After multiple viewings the draw was a much better outcome than awarding either one of those guys a victory.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Crawfordesquire

Trips to Las Vegas:
    is that you, Adalaide Byrd? :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. aronius

aronius High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GGG won the first fight easily and I don't think father time has degraded GGG enough to expect a different outcome. GGG cuts off the ring too well and constantly puts Canelo in bad spots. Canelo seemed to get a second wind in the first fight and got more competitive in the late stages of the fight. This looks completely suspicious given the subsequent failed drug tests. Take away the drugs, add some body work from GGG and I could see a late KO.

Lady Gaga, Moorea Beach
    Anniversary trip
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Crawfordesquire

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i agree with your assessment, apart from the drug test. clenbuterol was probably used to drop weight. it's not much of an actual performance enhancer. there's a chance he used it as energy-type thing, but more likely than not it was for cutting weight. in all seriousness, i'd put the odds he used it for energy at the same level it came from ingesting tainted mexican beef.
    I'm leaning toward a unanimous decision for GGG.

14. Crawfordesquire

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @UKFanatic - you going to make it to vegas for the nfl week 1 or the fight weekend?

15. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My original plan was to be in vegas for week 1, but since my host offered me tickets to the fight, I moved that trip to the weekend of the 15th. :thumbsup: What about you?

I Need Spa
  16. Crawfordesquire

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nfl week 1,thurs-mon so it'll be a lot of football.
    the fight will be a good take though, especially in the new arena. plus you have better nfl games that weekend (vikings/pack, pats/jags rematch, gmen/cowgirls). week 3 i'll be going to the packers/skins game.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nolaphishfan

Nolaphishfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny. I did not score it 10-2 canelo. I had it 6-6. Neither of these two deserved the W. It amazing that GGG receives zero criticism for keep canelo at an arms length literally.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.