1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Longest time at any one table and longest time staying awake

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Napoleon Solo, Jul 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Napoleon Solo

Napoleon Solo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey what are your longest times at any one table gambling and what is the longest you ever stayed awake in Vegas

For me it was a 13 hour session at the Monte Carlo playing 4-8 limit about 10 years

And the longest awake was landing at midnight checking in, going to get something to eat, played some craps then realized it’s was 5 am took a shower and went to breakfast For a total of 26 hours

2. zoobrew

zoobrew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me 24 hours is usually my longest. Get up at 3 am EST, midnight in LV, to catch the plane and then staying awake in LV until midnight +. I took the red-eye home once after checking out in the morning and got stuck in my connection, and it was late morning before I got home and couldn't really sleep or function, zombie state. After that experience I avoid red-eyes and if I must take it, I must have a room for that night so I can take a long afternoon/evening nap.

3. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got in Friday night to Reno (after working a full day) and started playing craps...played craps until Sunday evening..same table...did stop for bathroom and meal breaks; but came back to the same table; same spot...ended up +$1000; and finally saw my room on Sunday about 6pm and crashed for like 13 hours, before driving back home.

• Like Like x 3
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  4. aronius

aronius High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played at the same Pai Gow Poker table, in the Luxor, from 3am -10am one morning. That was also the longest awake I have been in Vegas. Woke up the morning before at 5am eastern for work, finally passed out at noon Vegas time for about 34 hours awake.

Lady Gaga, Moorea Beach
    Anniversary trip
  5. acccrow

acccrow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at a blackjack table in Harrah's (!!) for 26 hours, no breaks other than (cough) rest rooms..

Overall staying awake record is probably around 48 hours, on a couple different occasions. And those occasions didn't overlap with gambling. I'd never gamble after more than 24-30 hours awake, it's pretty much just throwing money away. ***

*** more than usual

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  6. Tarstarkas

Tarstarkas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have played poker for over 30 hrs just stopping for bathroom breaks...on a slightly related.....once worked on a motor in the navy for 56 hrs. Had to rebuild it so we could get underway.

7. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am weak or have a short attention span.

Longest at a table probably 3 hours usually in the morning wake up at 5am take a walk and then find s table. Wife comes down for breakfast about 9am.

Usually crash around 2 am first night after waking up at 5:30-6:00am central So I don’t even make it 24 hours.

Edit: work/child related I recall a stretch that Was almost 48 hours of no sleep

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  8. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Poker for 28 hours

9. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm certain I've played poker and pai gow poker for 12-14 hours. Each time I loaded up on food beforehand, not intending to stay at the table so long. I must have been winning or at least treading water. Probably won't happen again, eventually not eating messes with my play.

10. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In college we would go to class on a Friday then hit the road to Vegas and get in around 9 PM. None of us wanted to be the "weakest link" and be the first to suggest grabbing a room.

Usually early the next afternoon someone would finally suggest it and then all 4 or 5 of us would crash hard.

Annual me and Pete
    • Like Like x 2
  11. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Played craps at the Barbary Coast one time from 3 AM til noon (9 hours). Kept hitting the hard 10 and made other guy at table a ton of money. He paid for breakfast at Victoria’s for myself and my two friends. Longest stretch of staying awake in Vegas is a little over 32 hours. I’ve had several sessions of 24+ hours before crashing in the sheets.

12. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done one 20-hour poker session, and then had to drive 2 hours back to my house :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now we know where the "speed" in TIMSPEED comes from :)

Annual me and Pete
  14. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was about 6-8 hours playing video poker at Slots-A-Fun with the old machine with worn buttons that allow you to double your win.

• Like Like x 1
  15. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure how long we were there, but back in the early aughts, I got blisters on my elbows playing craps at Golden Nugget (leaning on the table, I guess...)

16. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not drug assisted; believe me...i just really like playing dice.
    It’s the norm for me to stay at a table for six hours...my qualifier is 3 shooters PSO, and I walk away...sometimes it just where no three shooters in a row suck.

17. parallax

parallax High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    14 hours in HL room playing BJ at TI in the HL room. Walked away up 1k but never could get it much higher.

18. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    guessing about 26 hours...left hartford 8 am.... 4-5 am vegas time was at a blackjack table and two lady friends said i was talking in tongues...they couldn't believe i was still there.... they scooped my chips(i was ahead) and dragged me to my room, threw me on the bed and left... 12 hours later i woke up thinking it was 5am...it was really 5pm...whew!

19. Laugh

Laugh VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn, you guys are crazy! I love it.
    My first trip to Vegas (21 years old), my buddies and I played Blackjack from around 10pm to 7-8am at TI. Had a great dealer and we started taking shots of tequila every time we got BJ. Ended up falling behind because the cocktail waitress couldn't keep up.

Yearly Online Friends Trip!
    Cousin's Bachelor Party!
  20. HoppinHardWays

HoppinHardWays VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing crazy like above, but locally I've played craps from say 9-10pm at night until 3-4am. Those are usually nights when the table is smokin hot and we've hit multiple firebets and win much more than we lose.

Labor Day!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.