1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

(LIVE 6/30-7/6) Vegasworm & V Do Sin City Sans Kids! (Speakeasies, Group Slot Pulls, Bellagio/Aria)

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Vegasworm, Jun 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegasworm

Vegasworm Finger Clicker Extraordinaire

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Three and a half hours later, we emerge!!!

IMG_20180704_230837463_LL.jpg
    The Laundry Room was awesome!!!

More details.to.come. Enjoying Fremont Street right now.

IMG_20180704_231209407.jpg

Vegasworm

• Like Like x 3
  2. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gotten a little behind in replies. Thanks for reading everyone!

Yep, totally hooked to the phone! Literally, it is the only way I can keep up. I've thought about trying a trip report after the fact instead of live, bit I just don't think I could keep up with notes and then piece it together. Funny thing is, iutsout of Vegas, ImI fairly electronics-free.

Totally agree!!!

I don't how much help I'll be. LOL. This is our second stay there. Funny thing is, we don't seem to eat there much when we stay. I have heard great things about Carbone, but it won't happen this trip. We are trying the buffer tomorrow because of a MyVegas reward I have. My adult trip report from 2016 has a lot of info on the Aria Spa, but not so much on dining. Sorry!

Ha, ha... I felt like we came close to that after Frankie's.

Thanks Kimi! We are enjoying our time together. Hitting enough time away though, that I'm starting to miss the girls.

A/C couldn't find anything wrong with it. o_O I actually take this as good news despite the service call. My felt bad and offered to pay since it turned out to be nothing. I told her it was fine and just good to get it checked out.

Vegasworm

3. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After a $132 (including tip) of craft cocktails at The Laundry Room, we settled for a cheap dinner. LOL.

IMG_20180704_235002023.jpg
    Paying homage to Harold and Kumar!

IMG_20180704_232434192.jpg

IMG_20180704_233347001.jpg

Vegasworm

• Like Like x 2
  4. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just Ubered back to Aria ($14.97). Place is booming for 1am. Fremont Street was the same. We're not late night people, so we're dragging. LOL.

Nothing major planned tomorrow until the high limit group pull at Venetian in the evening. I need to shop for some gifts to take back. We've debated going to the spa (only the main stuff, not for a massage or anything). I still want to catch up on the book I started at the pool. LOL.

I have a BOGO for the Aria dinner buffet from MyVegas. Need to redeem that and then eat any time after 3pm. :feedme:

I'll fill in tomorrow on the great drinks we had at The Laundry Room. The whole experience was even better than what I expected.

So tired now. V has his giant binoculars out and is spying a la Jimmy Stewart in "Rear Window". It's actually crazy how close these binoculars magnify. :)

Night, night!

Vegasworm

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hbatc

Hbatc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am very interested to hear about the Laundry Room.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Laundry Room is nestled inside The Commonwealth on Fremont Street. You have to have a reservation to get into TLR. You ask for one by texting to 702-701-1466.

When I texted, I requested our date and then a time frame on that date. They got back to me fairly quickly confirming a time and the rules. I did all of this several weeks before our trip.

IMG_20180704_194101696_HDR.jpg

There is a line bouncer at the entrance of The Commonwealth (you can see him behind V's right shoulder in the distance). We told him we had a reservation, and he let us in. We also had to text TLR we were there.

The CW looked like a cool bar in its own right. It had a spooky, haunted, 1920s look to it. We were instructed to stand at the end of the bar under a creepy painting. A minute later a girl emerged and walked us up a hidden staircase to an intimate room that was even weirder looking. Picture low lighting, crystal, chandeliers, candles flickering, and strange vintage photos.

We were seated by the hostess at a small bar. There were four other people in there at the time. There was additional seating on some velvet couches and chairs and a small wooden ledge, but nobody else was there yet. The bartender went through the types of cocktails they serve and the array of ingredients he has to make them. You're out of luck if you want beer or wine or a basic Jack and Coke. These drinks are fancy, schmancy. You're encouraged to go off the menu if you choose by telling the bartender the flavors you like and having him concoct a drink for you. We loved the menu cocktails and stuck with those.

There is a list of "House Rules" to follow. Things like: No Pictures, No PDA, No Talking On Your Phone (but you can text), No Unruly Behavior, etc. The dress code is business casual. Originally, I was worried this would be an uptight, stuffy experience where we would tiptoe around these rules. It wasn't that way at all. It was fun, laid back, and cool. I just wish I had pictures. I did snag some of the funky bathroom. It's a sliding barn door secured with a wrench.

IMG_20180704_214612291.jpg
    Bathroom door lock.

IMG_20180704_214632666.jpg
    Funky sink.

IMG_20180704_214727766.jpg
    Interesting newspaper articles.

IMG_20180704_214706639.jpg
    Okay, I won't.

All drinks are $16 and a sight to see being crafted. There was a lot of apple wood being lit on a silver tray to smoke glasses before pouring in the drinks. Lots of herbs, bitters, etc. Basically the type of drinks that were up my alley.

V had four drinks and I had three spaced over three and a half hours. We were served popcorn in an old footed crystal ashtray. Half cheese and half salt & vinegar. I believe we ate 3 refills. LOL. :popcorn:

Our barmates changed twice during the night, but we had some great conversations with some very interesting and buzzed folks. Ha! Now about it not being stuffy. There was a guy in a t-shirt and another guy in shorts. People got loud at times, a bit raunchy, and a few f-bombs were dropped. All typical bar behavior, but going against the House Rules here. Nothing ever happened though, so it was cool to be able to kick back with a fun theme, but not walk on eggshells. :drunk:

When we left, The Commonwealth was booming. We didn't want any more drinks though, so we left. The line bouncer was slowly letting people in after much scrutiny. I think this is so dumb! This is why we don't go clubbing. :thumbsdown:

I'm not going to try to recall the ingredients of all the cocktails we had, but know each one was awesome! Let me know if I can answer any other questions. There is another thread on VMB with some helpful input too.

Vegasworm

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. MWD

MWD Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I have loved every entry in your trip report. We're heading to Vegas on Sunday after dropping our son off for a week of summer camp. Your TR has definitely primed the pump!

• Like Like x 1
  8. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just catching up on this. I'm loving everything you're doing and cracking up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the report on that. It sounds right up my sister's alley. I've bookmarked the post so I can send it to her when I hear she's going back to Vegas. She's a self-proclaimed cocktail snob and loves to play "Stump The Bartender". Sounds like she could have a lot of fun with them.

• Like Like x 2
  10. MWD

MWD Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also wanted to add that C (my bride) has a rule that we must eat at Le Thai at least once for every three days we are in Vegas. So we will be sure to check out the Commonwealth (and maybe TLR) on this upcoming trip.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at Laundry Room during my late April trip... some friends of mine who live in LV suggested it. I was aware of the texting / rules, but one thing that happened to us you didn't experience was them asking us to leave. Not because we were not ordering drinks or breaking any rules - they just had a busy night with reservations I guess, and eventually let us know we needed to wrap up in 15-20 minutes. I would estimate we were there 2 - 2.5 hours by that point.

I went off menu and was telling the bartender flavors I liked... my fav drink ended up being something with chocolate flavored liquor and chili pepper in it for a kick... that's all I remember but I had a few of those. My friends ended up with fruity and herbal flavored drinks. The mixologist dreaming up the mix/drinks on the fly was remarkable - this may be the best kept secret of a show that LV has to offer, in and of itself. Apparently it's always the same guy, and he rarely gets a night off as they don't have anyone else who can do what we does working there yet. He claimed there may be 5 people in Las Vegas and 10 in the country who are capable of doing what he does, and he's been trying to find someone to mentor so he can get some nights off eventually.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Almost a repeat for breakfast, except this time at the Aria Patisserie.

IMG_20180705_102947060.jpg
    Almond Danish for E today with coffee. The Energy Bowl and iced coffee again for V.

It was like deja vu, another irate customer. He was going off on the manager (like veins pulsing in the neck), then demanded the general manager. Both managers kept their cool. Sounds like they were trying to solve the problem (whatever it was), but the guy wouldn't shut up. I hate when people complain and then don't try to work towards a reasonable solution. Sheesh! I tipped again . LOL. Madhouse here and those workers are doing a good job keeping the line moving.

*I did have to laugh when V pointed out that the angry man looks and sounds like a relative of Groundskeeper Willie. Tee, hee.

Vegasworm

• Like Like x 1
  13. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guess it's no surprise that Groundskeeper Willie and +1 walked off without bussing their table. LOL.

IMG_20180705_103756880_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Tsk, tsk. :nono:

Need to head to the MLife desk and redeem my MyVegas BOGO for the buffet later. May donk off a few coins in Buffalo, but no major gambling planned. Need to do some shopping and debating the spa.

Vegasworm

14. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What do I have to do to be able to add 'clearance romper' to the Flushiepants glossary?

I wonder if one would make my ass look good.

:wave:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  15. acccrow

acccrow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd get two. As with houses, more square footage is sometimes useful.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Zilch luck with the slots. My one and only bonus to speak of.

IMG_20180705_113718880_HDR.jpg

I'm done gambling for this trip minus the High Limit Slot Pull at the Venetian tonight. Just did bankroll/pocket dump tally. I have $1,571 left. $200 is earmarked for the group pull tonight and a few tips here and there. Crossing my fingers that I at least walk with my $200 this evening.

We decided against the spa. We really need to get out and do some shopping. The BOGO buffet is loaded, so we'll eat some time after 3pm. V is taking a late shower. Once he's dressed, we'll go hit up The Strip for some exploration and maybe a drink. I'm starting to hit that Vegas burn out point, and I'm missing my girls and pets. I love to visit here, but a week is about the most my body and mind can take! LOL.

Vegasworm

• Like Like x 1
  17. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How long can Cabana Cokes last on a trip???

V is enjoying one with some Jack, I'm just having mine plain. LOL.

IMG_20180705_123920216_LL.jpg

Vegasworm

• Like Like x 1
  18. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This made my day yesterday! Hmm, maybe I need to buy the domain name. LOL!

I'm actually glad I bought the romper! It was comfortable to wear despite the bathroom maneuvering required.

That Marcos Marg is the bomb! My slot playing, not so much.

I hope you have an awesome trip with your 9 year old! I really enjoy the trips with our girls. I'm missing them right now. :(

Thanks for reading! I hope the Handpay Gods show up at the Venetian tonight.

I'm hoping that winning streak finds me at The Venetian tonight!

Vegasworm

• Like Like x 1
  19. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria has some great eateries! Funny about NASA. V was offered a transfer to Sunnyvale, CA back when we were in Houston. If I recall, we couldn't afford a 1 bedroom apartment for the 5 of us, so we didn't move. I don't know how you Californians do it! Although, Colorado isn't much better. LOL.

LOL! My daughters haven't seen me in the romper yet. Thanks for reading!

I'm loving the book!

I hope you two have a wonderful trip and thank you for reading! My sister-in-law has done a great job keeping the girls entertained with their cousins.

Glad you're enjoying the report! :thumbsup:

I think it would be the perfect place for your sister! There were a lot of patrons who chose to have the bartender surprise them.

The Uber guy pointed out Le Thai and said it's one of his favorite places. We'll have to keep that in mind for a future trip.

The bartender at The Laundry Room is amazing! I totally think we were able to stay as long as we did because it never got crowded. I kept waiting for them to ask us to leave after we crossed the two hour mark, but it never happened.

Vegasworm

• Like Like x 2
  20. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Re clearance rompers. I bought a cute floral pattern romper last year, not on sale. I wore it in Vegas in December and got several compliments on it.

When I got home, I found that romper on an off season clearance rack. I bought two more and left one in Aruba in our storage in January. Still have the original and a spare at home :)

• Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.