1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fine Dining

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Gwade, May 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwade

Gwade Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I try to go to somewhere impressive every trip, and spend a lot of time checking the best reastaurants and judging Yelp pictures. I would love to see people’s choices. I’ve been to Robuchon, Alize and Ni9e (RIP), Gallagher’s, Sterling Brunch, Lago, probably a couple others. I don’t care about price as long as it’s worth it. I always seem to think Old Holmstead/Prime (and others) seem overpriced (I base my judgement on the price of a ribeye), even after people have told me OH is the best thing they’re ever tasted. I just think people over embellish more than me.

2. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok i think Mesa Grill is fantastic as are most Flay eateries

• Like Like x 1
  3. eliza

eliza Creepy Vegas Friend

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to Carnevino on my last trip and was very impressed by the dry aged steaks - probably the best steak I've ever had (also probably the most expensive).

They've renovated, so things may have changed a bit, but the tasting menu at Michael Mina was amazing last year. If $$ wasn't an issue, I'd go back there in a heart beat.

4. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pick any one of the fine dining options at Wynn/Encore, and you will be blown away.

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have found Sage to be consistently excellent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Old Homestead is prolly our fave of the Strip steak places. VERY spendy!

7. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mastro’s Oceans Club at Crystals is our favorite.

Happy birthday to me!
    Let’s check Garth off my nieces bucket list!
  8. Matthew

Matthew Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you loved Robuchon, I think you'd appreciate the Jean Georges tasting menu at Aria.
    If you're looking for steak, Bazaar Meat at SLS is often overlooked, possibly because of how far north it is on Strip. The starters are very inventive and the meat (back when I was eating beef,) was astounding. I think they, along with Jean Georges, are one of the few in LV that serve the highest grade of wagyu.
    Personally, the next stop on my list is Harvest at Bellagio. I love living vicariously through others meals! Let us know what you end up doing!

9. luridludicloco

luridludicloco High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not been to Vegas in ages, but I used to love Prime. Once I even saw on the premises Jean-Georges Vongerichten himself, who has wonderful restaurants in New York. Usually the everyday details will depend, within bounds, to what the chef on the premises does, but I was never disappointed. Just now I went to look at the Prime menu, but the menu on their Internet site does not include the prices. I don't expect it to be inexpensive, fine dining never is. The problem I see is when you have no fine dining at exorbitant prices which can happen, but not, I presume, at a Vongerichten restaurant. I saw, in the Prime menu they have both a ribeye steak (18 ounces) and a dry aged ribeye steak (18 ounces). If you are in a carnivorous mood and your purse is not scant, go for it! :feedme::woohoo:

Last edited: May 10, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.