1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What’s Your Uber Passenger Rating?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Ezzy711, Mar 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

online says to contact lyft or ask your driver when you take your next ride

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me too... 4.91. I also tip well and have never cancelled a ride. I did have a time in DC once where the pick-up location kept moving weirdly and the driver called me and was a bit perturbed, as he couldn't find me. I told him I haven't moved. When he finally found me, he told me the GPS tracker thing in downtown DC often whacks-out and urged me to just type in my location next time.

3. Las Vegan Cajun

Las Vegan Cajun High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That happens here in Vegas too, especially around the Strip. That’s the same advice I tell my passengers, type in the name or address of your pick up location. It makes it a lot easier for us to find you.

Had another one like that last night, pick up location in the app was Flamingo. I’m waiting at the Flamingo when I get a message for him that he was at Caesar’s Palace.

So I head over to CP to pick him up. I had just dropped someone off at the Linq when I got his request for the Flamingo.

You can see the aggravation this causes. I was close by the Flamingo but ended up having to go Caesar’s Palace instead. Had he put the correct location of his pick up the system would have pinged a driver already at CP and he would not have had to wait as long.

4. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    5.00 rating and always use Uber in Vegas, except for when surge pricing is out of control. Then I'll go to Lyft or cab.

5. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No idea what my Uber rating is. I've only had 3 Uber rides.

I think I've only had one bad experience. It was with a Lyft driver who didn't have a clue where Platinum was. He was right next door at the gas station, but thought I'd given him the wrong info. I stay there all the time and have never had a problem before.

I use the fair ride app. It tells you which rideshare app will give you the best price.

6. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a bit surprised to see mine at 4.95. there were times that I did not tip because I did not have cash and there was no option on the app.
    now that the option is there I always tip.
    I have never been a PIA passenger.

7. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dont worry about it, I know an Uber driver, he said most people dont tip. Tipping is not going to effect your rating, as long as you dont keep them waiting, curse them out, throw up in their car, of masturbate in the back seat, you're ok.

8. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    well then, I guess I didn't get caught. :noangel:

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you’re outside when the driver shows up, regardless of whether you tip or not, they’re an asshole if they don’t give you 5 stars. That is assuming you are not being an asshole to the driver. If you always tip and still get a driver that won’t give you 5 stars, that’s a super asshole. Just my opinion of course.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Las Vegan Cajun

Las Vegan Cajun High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got a super asshole bitch once. I had been using Uber as a passenger for a year and half when I got this one. Up until then I had all 5* ratings. It was a short trip, about 3 miles, Fare was $7.00 I gave her a $5 tip, a 5* rating and took the time to write a nice compliment.

Checked my rating after that trip and I was no longer at 5*. I have no idea why this super bitch gave me less than 5*. Needless to say I was some pissed. I wish there was a way I could go back and change the rating I gave her.

11. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually had an Uber driver refuse a tip from me once... the ride was from Love Field in Dallas to Bedford (where my car was parked)...it was a Friday afternoon about 5PM, so the traffic was really bad (& I knew it would be, which is why I planned on using Uber from the airport in the first place!).
    Anyway, her "navigation" app had her taking 114, which is the Northwest Highway... the most direct (by far) route is 183 West.
    Anyway, I mention this to her as she gets on 114. I look at her navigation map, and it's showing my destination as somewhere in Grapevine (which is north of Bedford).
    I tell her that it's wrong & that she needs to cut over south to 183.
    She does a u-turn instead, backtracking the way she came, and it easily added 15-20 minutes to the ride time.
    Anyway, we get to Bedford & she drops me off. I try to hand her a $5 & she refuses, saying that she felt bad about screwing up. I insisted, and she insisted that she would not accept it, thanked me & then drove off. (So, I added a tip on the app...which I normally never do...I like giving cash instead).
    I still rated her a 5, (and I assume she returned that favor to me).

A 5-star rating is not about being perfect - it's more about how one is as a person & whether or not the social exchange is pleasant (or not).
    At least it is for me.
    A driver can be quick to pick me up, take the best, most direct route, and have a very clean car, but if he swears at other traffic, has music on too loud, or makes incorrect assumptions about the kind of person I am? Sorry, but that's going to be reflected in the rating I give.

12. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm at 4.91. I was 5 going into my last trip. I had a driver from Palms to Cosmo. It was her first day and she ignored her GPS warnings and she continued along Flamingo to the strip. There was heavy traffic and a fender bender. She was surprised when we got caught up in it and I asked if she realized the GPS was trying to re-route her before we got to the bottleneck. "Oh is that what all the red means?" It took over 1/2 hour to make the 5 minute ride. I didn't rate her; figured it was her first day and I'd give her a break but she rated me and obviously less than 5. Sheesh, try and help some people.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  13. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4.8 - I was a 5 prior to my trip to Cincinnati. I was very close to campus and it was CRAZY busy. I was at my hotel and the driver parked in a gas station a block away saying she couldn’t get to the hotel. I was not at all familiar with the town, so it took a minute for me to find her based on her directions. She also had trouble finding my destination. She was grumpy the entire trip. I tipped her well, but knew she wasn’t happy with me. It drives me crazy when a driver gets upset that you aren’t familiar with your destination. It was my first time to Cincy. Oh well!

14. lobsterkmd

lobsterkmd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Geez I just checked 4.67, I feel upset now! I always tip- never have cancelled a ride, and have never made someone wait... whatever!!!

15. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How many rides have you had? I'm wondering if that is my issue. I think I've only use it 8 or 10 times. One bad number can bring it all down. I'm not losing sleep over it but would like to understand.

What I have learned is if you are going with a group and you are the only one ready, DON'T volunteer to use your app, make them get the ding!

16. yumapapag

yumapapag Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4.95. On a side note, almost every week (not including big weeks here in Austin like SXSW, ACL, etc...) Uber gives me 50% off rides for “always being on time”. It’s automatically added to the app so I don’t have to enter codes or anything. use Uber 2-4 times a week. Really love the discount.

17. brownies95

brownies95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    5 Stars!

Tim:cool:

18. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do we have to guess which offense you didn't get caught doing?

19. Jack07

Jack07 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    5.0. I don't always tip. Now that it's on the app I generally tip a buck or two on short hauls.

20. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the app when we were on our last vacation then after that I got rid of it. Going to have to download it again for our upcoming trip (different phone as well) . But I wonder if I can view ratings from when we used it before...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.