1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Las Vegas Paiute Golf Update

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by guapoxxx, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From their Instagram page: All 265 of our brand NEW golf carts are fully equipped with brand NEW GPS systems. On top of that, they are eco-friendly with their zero-emissions lithium batteries.

Last year, I could swear they didn't have GPS units in their carts but luckily this year they do! Can't wait to get on the Snow course in May :thumbsup:

Charlie

Annual Golf Trip
  2. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    how much does it cost to play? Just wondering.

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The rates are not bad especially twilight which I play. Even the rental sets are reasonable and are close to brand new. I usually arrive a couple hours early and get lunch then hit the range and putting greens. My favorite course is Wolf but they usually aerate near my May golf trips. So, I've grown to love Snow which isn't a bad 2nd!

Annual Golf Trip
  5. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And the gps carts do what exactly? give you distances to greens?

6. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Distance to flags, hazards, carries, bunkers; many track how far you hit; schematics and overviews; green contours often.

7. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also track pace of play, lets marshalls track you, let the clubhouse broadcast messages, warn about driving in cart path only areas.

And show you lots of advertising.

Now and then a hole flyover option useful on blind shots and doglegs

8. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And you can order lunch, find the bev cart, in some systems now you can stream sports or music, Bluetooth your own tunes and pretty soon get online to tgw.com and order a new driver for the one you launched into the lake on 10!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This GPS/streaming/web stuff is just taking off. Someone's going to come up with a way, soon, I'm sure, to get Arccos-like diagnostics as an option when you go to a high-end daily fee. On your sticks. Cobra now has it built into an entire line of clubs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In addition to the diagnostic options, I'm hoping LVPGC and other locations start to offer segways and skateboard type carts. Going to Scottsdale in about 2 weeks and we're utilizing those :beer:

Annual Golf Trip
    • Like Like x 1
  11. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome, guapo. Sounds like Kierland. Golfboards are a kick. And after 18 you'll know if you have core or not. lol If I ever grow up and settle in to playing one course with regularity I'd love to get one of the Golf Bikes.

I write a column for the SCGA, and in an upcoming issue of FORE Magazine I touch upon these "social technologies" as I like to call them.

• Like Like x 1
  12. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @ken2v - yes my buddy wants to golf Kierland instead of Troon North Monument (I'm still shaking my head)... Anyway, I've never road the segways/skateboards/bikes but looking forward to it! Regarding your article, please let us know when your article is published and I'll take a read. Charlie

Annual Golf Trip
  13. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just bought these irons!! now if the snow would just go away up here

14. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice. Did you get the standard profession or the one-length?

15. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Standard! one degree upright. It even comes with 3 "extra" sensors so I can screw them in other clubs that are not cobra.
    The one length does seem pretty interesting though

16. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did some testing of the ONE last year for an article, side-by-side with my gamers. It works. I went in skeptical, thinking there'd be dying-quail longer irons and PED-fired shorts. I was actually a few yards longer 4i and 5i but a few yards shorter on the short end. That just sounds so counterintuitive but when you think about ball speed and contact ... I think more people than not would benefit; it's still just too outside the box for us highly superstitious golfers. But what's not to love about one setup position through the irons?

That was a smart move by Cobra and Arccos going with the extra sensors since no one I know goes D through putter.

I'm a bit of a junkie. I tested Arccos and Game Golf a few years ago. Ultimately it was just too much "stuff" for me. I like how this Cobra system integrates, however.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.