1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Caesars Jupiter and Apollo Cabanas

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by sterlingcooper05, Jun 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sterlingcooper05

sterlingcooper05 Tourist

We'll be in Vegas next week and want to spend some time at the pools. Caesars Palace is offering a Cabana near the Jupiter and Apollo pools for $150. Will this be necessary for some shade? It seems like a low price, so they must not be expecting big crowds those days. Does anyone have experience booking a cabana at Caesars Palace? I'm also wondering if they ever comp a cabana to diamond members.

2. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Jupiter and Apollo pools are all the way in the back tucked into the left and right corners, after the bar area and BJ table games. It's a fairly quiet area, away from most of the crowd in the main pool areas. The price sounds about right. Both the areas are pretty shaded or get shady earlier during the day than the rest of the pool areas due to it being surrounded by the building.

COMPS are NOT tied to tier status!! You can certainly charge the cabana to the room and if your play qualifies, you can get it comped on the back-end.

3. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Jupiter pool is pretty well shaded, so if that's the only reason you're getting a cabana, you can probably get by without one. Personally I like having the safe if I'm going to be at the pool all day.

What I'm not sure about is if you will get reward credits if you book online in advance, since it goes through a third party (UVTix) and there's no place to enter your Total Rewards info.

4. gs32794

gs32794 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless you are under the palm trees by the west side of Octavius tower, Apollo gets full sun starting about 1030 or 11.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am just curious - what is the point of a cabana? Maybe someone can explain it to me. I always figured paying $400 or whatever the cost may be for a little cabana was a little excessive. Just find a shaded area and park there. But maybe that's just me.

6. Hurricane

Hurricane Eat, drink, be merry and roll points

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Finding a shaded area is easier said than done as there is usually little to no "free" shade. Depends upon your budget, the number of people you have, how long you plan to be at the pool and the weather. Also, at some pools it is a food and beverage minimum rather than a fee, which is often easy to spend if you would be parked at the pool eating and drinking all day. I've never gotten one for just myself and my wife, but with a group of 4-10 it can be a reasonably good value compared to other Vegas options.

7. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're alone or only with one person, it's probably not worth it. Once you split it between six or eight people you have a place to hang together with a little privacy, a TV, a safe, and you don't have to play musical chaise loungers with strangers. If you're having food, you have a table right there, and even a fridge if you have some leftovers.

8. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never gotten a Cabana since It's always just the wife and me but I find the idea VERY appealing and very often look into it only to find that it's not worth the cost. I would absolutely do it if we were staying at MGM since they have daybeds and pods that are much cheaper than full cabanas and you are actually paying for a F&B minimum as opposed to just for the chair. I like the idea of having a reserved chair, not having to fight to find and then hold one. I also like being able to guarantee shade since I prefer to sit out by the pool in the shade rather than sunbathe. Some of the possible benefits of a full cabana include: TV (I know silly by the pool but hey, what if there is an important game on?), safe, free non-alcoholic drinks, maybe snacks, etc. Also, if you are a group of guys its pretty easy to find some ladies to join you with a cabana.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.