1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Any updated reviews on Bally's Sterling Brunch?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by MGinCO, Jun 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thinking about doing this once and getting it off my bucket list.
    Pros?
    Cons?

2. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, think we are going to do it anyway now.

3. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were just there last weekend, the food is good and a fair selection, but we used it for our diamond celebration dinner. I am not a foodie at all so it was pretty much wasted on me, my spouse loves her lobster and really enjoyed it, but even she agreed it wouldn't be worth it to pay full price.......I guess I am one one of that rare breed, but lobster is certainly nothing special to me, I tried it again there and.....meh! Give me a nice juicy steak anytime instead!
    It is very popular, so book your reservation as soon as possible....we booked about 3 months out.

4. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So overall your impression was less than satisfactory?

I find it interesting that you enjoy a juicy steak, but essentially grilled indoors and not on an actual charcoal Barbie.

And just out of curiosity, have you tried bison?

5. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to the Sterling Brunch buffet 3 or 4 times. Wonderful every time. Worth $100? Mmmm, not really. But I've always used comp points and never had to take anything out of my pocket for it. Worth $75? Definitely...and I don't like champagne. (They serve a very good grade of champagne there but I still think it's worth $75 without the alcohol.)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wanting to try the Sterling Brunch before it closed a while back. I'm glad you started this thread because I'd forgotten all about it. It's on my todo list also.

7. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Considering the price of sitting down to a good steak dinner in Vegas is easily over $100 per person, I felt I definitely got my monies worth at Sterling. You can eat 4 lobster tails and have covered what you spend. The champagne is excellent quality and there is also caviar that I found to be quite good and not salty at all. The lamb is good as well as the shrimp. The only thing I didn't think that was good quality was the oysters. I found them very small. The popover bread they set on the table is so delicious, but of course you don't want to fill up on it. They have Stone Crab claws and Alaskan King Crab legs. The bowls of blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries with the whipped cream are great with the buttery seafood. I've spent much more money for worse food in Vegas. Would I go every trip? No, as I'm more of a big dinner person rather than brunch. But I felt I got more than my monies worth for sure. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the wait staff was exceptional.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have 0 points on my TR, but am still Platinum until JAN 2018....
    So at least I get FREE VALET PARKING!

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in the same boat thanks to the TR Visa. Thanks to free parking I haven't been so happy to have it since they started charging resort fees for platinum members.

10. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's good, but if you're thinking about spending $100, then make sure you feel like it's worth that much more than a $40 buffet at caesars/bellagio/aria.

11. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hoffy you do make a good point as always....especially about the caviar

Venue Cliquot is very much worth the pour. Sorry to hear that the oysters were not good. Nothing like some fresh Fanny Bay oysters from BC.

We used to frequent the SB when Chef Eric oversaw the bounty. With all the changes, our Dean Martin booth no longer there and the low lighting it ain't the same.

I'd rather take three fingers of Crown and a handful of Goldfish crackers and be on my way for a couple of pulls at the HL at the Cosmo.

In fact I might just do that August 3rd.....

12. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know there are other and cheaper options, but just wanted to do this ONCE.
    I know I could drink a few of those champagnes!

Question regarding actual card status and online status:
    My TR card says it is GOLD status, however, when I look online, it says I am PLATINUM until 1/31/2018.
    If I valet in Bally's, will it still be free using my current card?
    (I assume I have to show my current card first?)

BTW, I have never had caviar, and am willing to give it a try.

13. ginmil

ginmil Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We go every time we're in Vegas, love it! Sit in Jim's section, he will treat you right.

14. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you started this thread...I also have this on my "bucket list"
    Still have $100 diamond dinner.
    Going w/ BF & DM next month--neither would want to pay for this & I would feel bad going without them
    MIGHT go w/ DH in Nov & I would be on my own (it is father/sons trip but I have SWA companion pass so its like I go free...not that Vegas is ever FREE) so it would be a good chance to try it--though we fly out Sunday so wouldn't want to be TOO tipsy!
    Decisions decisions...

15. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We go everytime we visit...last time was Mothers Day. There is so much to take, but I always stick with the crab claws----sawed off so they are easy to eat, Jumbo shrimp, prime rib, bowls of fresh berries and tastes of just about everything else.

16. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I have been enjoying the SB for many years and the last couple of trips we've noticed a obvious decrease in the quality of the food. The last visit was on Easter and the champagne was not chilled, the lobster was rubbery and most of the meats were overcooked. We thought they would be at the top of their game on Easter, but the opposite was true. To top it off our waiter, Tony, was a jerk.

Maybe I'm romanticizing, but it was much better before the changeover a few years ago.

17. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've gone and read some reviews on yelp as well and just like here it seems that every 7th review or so is negative. As much as I'd like to try the Sterling brunch and the appeal of caviar and lobster is huge for me, I'm not willing to risk $250 or so between the wife and I to end up being one of those dissatisfied customers. I think it's off my todo list for now unless I find some sort of discount to reduce the cost and therefore the risk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My cousin and I are attending as part of the 7* Signature event (the weekend of the Mayweather fight :(). We are so glad to have gotten airfare early.

I consider that it's a good thing there isn't a planned dinner the night before. May go to Pearl Ocean at Lucky Dragon. Gotta save room . . . .;)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  19. duffer1991

duffer1991 Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have eaten the Sterling Buffet a number of times over the years and in various states of physical decline. When I was young and really could pack away food and champagne, I loved it so much. But as time has gone by, I really don't care for buffets and over eating as much.

Don't get me wrong. I am a big man and I love my food and drink, but the appeal of crowding in a buffet (even an excellent one) and making trips back and forth has faded. Part of my evolution is rental cars. Since I rent and stay off-Strip, I have access to many other restaurants and can get a great brunch or other meal at a reasonable price.

I guess my opinion is this: If you can afford it, give it a try. The food is very good. The champagne is plentiful and delicious. The service has been great for me, and that is always a huge draw.

20. eksantirik

eksantirik High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there an option to get the brunch without the alcohol? Couldn't find such an info on the web.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.