1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Video Poker Multi-hand VP: Why?

Discussion in 'Video Poker' started by FullPay, Jun 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen the glory pics and I've dabbled a bit, but obviously some players cross over to the three hand game and never return. Why? Is there a mathematical rationale? You've tripled your bet, is it just a bigger bankroll that doesn't want to go up in denomination? Or is it that you've cut your decisions by a third? Or just the added OMG of the dealt hand? Whenever I play the carnival variations that favor the dealt hand I get killed. Or are you just short of time? What is the difference between jumping from quarters to dollars or jumping from one hand to three?(If the answer is five dollars vs. three seventy-five, I get the math but not the reason.)

2. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play multi-hand when there's a variation not available on a single line machine. Examples would be Super Times Pay or Ultimate X.

3. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me, it's just a matter of tempering the variance of the gimmick games (STP/DSTP, Ultimate X, et al.) I never play multi-hand vanilla VP games.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    variety, excitement, change from boredom of one hand at a time.

No financial reason... does reduce volatility a bit - I guess.

Do not assume that people are not betting more than a single line. Sometimes they bet lower amounts per line and end up the same... or even less. So many different options.

5. Raner

Raner Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For us, same reason as thecarve. There are games like Ultimate X and Super Times Pay that only exist in multi-hand versions. I see no reason to play a traditional game other than one hand at a time.

7. boxofbirds

boxofbirds Royally Flushed

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play multihand because of the lower variance, and because at Aria, the 8/5 dollar game I like to play is only available as triple play.

Trip #39!
  8. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, a little more exciting than playing one hand at a time. But we still play a lot of single line VP>

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BadKarma

BadKarma Vegas Degenerate - Still Royal Flushless

Trips to Las Vegas:
    More exciting than single line VP.
    I normally play quarters single line, but can go to STP triple play nickels and save about 35 cents a spin. Now that's fun!!

10. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd rather play triple line quarters than single line dollars. Less volatility and you don't trigger a W-2 with a one line royal

• Like Like x 1
  11. DDB

DDB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many of the games traditionally thought of as multi-line are available as single hand on the Five Star Machines - ULTX, STP, QQ, RR, DSTP ect.

For me I would rather play single hand dollars than 5 handed quarters. When I hit, I hit big. When I loose, I really loose. Multihand does smooth out the ride (if total bet remains the same), but to me nice winners, like quads, are really watered down with all the losers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same as thecarve. I play STP once in a while, low denom, 3-line or 5-line. Usually when a friend wants to, but sometimes on my own.

13. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a Multi guy myself. Seems like less of a grind for a long session. I like Deuces, and the excitement of drawing three 2's and watching those get bounced into the next 5 hands up top is thrilling.

Just try getting back to back to back to back to back triple deuces playing one hand at a time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.