1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Group HL Slot Pull Mon July 17 @ Venetian/Palazzo

Discussion in 'Vegas Get Togethers' started by Chuck2009x, May 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm organizing a group slot pull on Monday, July 17 at Venetian/Palazzo. We'll organize it around the same framework we used in January at Luxor:
    • $200 buy in. It's rare that a group pull of any size winds up with zero at the end, but be prepared mentally for that possibility
    • You can partner with someone if $200 is too much
    • Friends and family welcome to buy in
    • We collect the cash and determine the order of the pull right before it starts. We keep two envelopes - one for the unplayed pool and the other for banked TITOs after each player finishes
    • Each player selects their own machine, denom, etc.
    • Each player decides when to bank their winnings, stop early, or play down to zero
    • We have a player who has no tax liability and is not subject to withholding, we will use that person's card for all spins
    • $20 tip from the pool for any handpays; players are free to tip more out of pocket if desired
    • Meet & Greet at 8:00pm, probably at The Dorsey bar at Venetian. We'll have a couple of drinks, collect the pool, and draw cards to determine the order of the pull. You're welcome to come to the M & G and pull without committing to the pool.
    • The pull will begin at 9:00pm. Venetian and Palazzo both have high limit slot rooms, I haven't been in either, so I'll have to get some opinions as to whether one is better than the other. Seeing as how the M & G will be at Venetian, it probably makes sense to plan to have the pull there.
    • We will hold up for stragglers if we know you are on your way before 9:00pm, otherwise we start on time.
    • Plan for about 5 minutes per player. We had 14 players in January and it took about an hour and twenty minutes
    • When the last player finishes, we cash the TITOs and distribute the cash back to players. To make the math easier, we'll round off to something like $5 or $10 and then burn off the rest in one last-ditch set of spins. For example, in January, we had 14 players and ended up with $2,850-something. So everybody got their buy in back and then we burned off the $50-something
    • Although I do want to gauge interest and get informal commitments in this thread for planning purposes, you don't have to RSVP in advance; if you show up on time with cash, you're in.
    • I'm staying at PH, but if we get a critical mass, I'll probably snag a room at Palazzo for the night, grab some pizzas from Grimaldi's, and do a BYOB "pre-M & G" in my room around 6:00 or 6:30pm.
    Comments or questions are welcome. These things are always great!

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. nickle

nickle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a great time! Hope you post photos and results for those of us who would like to be there!

3. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great M & G planning Chuck!!! I will defiantly try to make it out to this one... looking forward to playing some HL slots along with meeting with some members.

4. william142

william142 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyway we can do it on sat or sun of that weekend? I'm going back home Monday morning plus there will prob be more people in town over the weekend?

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Will! Our tax-exempt person doesn't get to town until afternoon on the 17th, so I'm organizing around that.

But if someone wants to put together a slot pull or just a hangout over the weekend, I'd be up for that. I'm there from the 8th - 21st.
    MGM Grand 8th - 11th
    Cosmo 11th - 15th
    PH 15th - 21st

@bubbakitty has a thread for the 15th - 20th, I think he's waiting until closer to the actual date to get active on it.
    https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/july-15-20.141178/

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  6. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a big Baccarat tournament shortly after your HL pull time at V/P. I don't know when I'll be back but I wish I could go to play in this for a learning experience.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2017
  7. Patripman

Patripman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be in town July 11 to the 19th so I may as well pencil this into the ole plans unless my son decides to come out then things may change, for now post updates as the date gets closer.

P

8. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Hoofy7 where is this tourney at? I would like to attend .. is it invitation only? Or?

9. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's at Venetian Palazzo. I got an invitation in my email. It has $50 unlimited rebuys so that could take awhile. lol Im sure you could call and ask about playing in it though.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Funstuie

Funstuie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get into town on the 17th, staying downtown but interested in this M&G.

11. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info... I always want to do baccarat tourney I only play it for cash so I may give a shot!!!

12. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Chuck! Doubt I'll make it to the slot pull. But I'll be at Cosmo from the 14th - 18th with my old man. If you want to have a drink or lose (or loose :rolleyes2:) some money together, give me a shout. :beer:

13. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a blast, wish I was gonna be there. Good luck all!

14. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I'll try to be there. Would hate to miss out on winning millions!

15. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure, I'll PM you on Friday. Friday at Cosmo would work out best for me for gambol because aside from the $200 for the slot pull, I play where I stay, and I'm moving to PH the next morning for some serious degen. :drunk: But I'll still have some Cosmo bankroll on Friday.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  16. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do it! It's a great time, win or lose.

17. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool, keep it on the radar. Doing it on a Monday night, I'm not worried about getting overloaded, but the more people, the better for sure. You can come without committing $ to the pull (but I would bring $200 anyway, lol).

18. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a lot of people are gonna be there that weekend, there's definitely potential there...

19. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are up to at least eight people expressing intention so far, which is good for this early on.

20. Dentastic

Dentastic Stripburger!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be in Vegas next week, but will be back July 12-19. I've never participated in a group slot pull before or have had a chance to meet any board members. Sounds like a great chance to do both. Thanks for organizing this Chuck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.