1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Again...United Airline ...

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Drewm1972, May 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. alanleroy

alanleroy Click my avatar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they really allow you to pee in cups, I'll never get up to go in one of those nasty little airplane john's again. What a convenient time saver. And they say airlines aren't accommodating.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  3. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So on her previous flights how did she cope? they just "let her go quick"? I knew the airlines' policy changes would be the end of the grey area for enforcement of some of these regulations. Now they're enforcing everything with no exception.

4. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's high time airlines hand out Depends as people board the aircraft.

5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just be sure to pay the $25 incontinence fee.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Love Love x 1
  6. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. it sound less nasty than those bathrooms. back in the day, air travel was only for the privileged. nowadays -- whew, its a bunch of animals with no decorum.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Something doesn't sound right here.

Most of us have been on flights where the seatbelt light is on but people are casually taking bio breaks without the flight crew saying anything.

A while ago I was on a flight and the guy in the seat row in front of me dinged the FA to ask if he could go while the light was on. The FA said to the effect of "Legally, I can't give you permission, but I can't stop you either." He went on to explain that at level flight (as in not take-off, climb, landing, etc) if the light is on, it's at your own risk.

Another observation of mine is that in recent years they have been keeping the seatbelt light on longer than in past years and are more likely to turn it on during a few bumps.

Personally, I can vouch for doing it on Southwest and Untied when the light was on and not getting screamed at. YMMV on other airlines. :) In the case reported it very well might have been during climb or landing approach.

8. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She ask for a cup. She got a cup. Good customer service.

9. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Actually it sounds completely right - the story said that she tried to use the bathroom on the plane's final descent. That is when everyone is told to remain in their seats with all carry on baggage stored, seats upright and seatbelts on. You cannot use the bathroom while the plane is in the process of taking off or landing. As for her bladder problem, they do make an announcement on all flights letting people know a few minutes before the plane begins to make its final descent. If I had a chronic condition, that would most certainly be my cue to use the restroom "just in case", not to wait until the wheels come out to decide I need to use it. In fact, I don't have that condition and I STILL always use the restroom one last time when they make that announcement because the whole process of getting your luggage, getting a car to the hotel and checking in can take a while.

United may have acted poorly in a few recent publicized incidents, but in this case, I believe the fault lies with the passenger. If she has this condition (and is a nurse to boot!) she should have known better and used the bathroom before the final descent, not during.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.